Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by scooter »

Great news Richard.

I was in the St Johns Road Council Estate Gang.

Is that the same as a Fraternity or The Bullingdon Club?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:33 pm
Richard D wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:25 pm Now that’s a relief, just received my MRI scan report and it shows no abnormalities.
Relief, indeed! Assuming this was in reference to your wife? I hope everything is on the upswing now.
The reports are on two MRIs that I had in the past week. One scan as a result of hearing lose and the other on my neck as a result of a old sports injury. I’m now paying for the 20 years of competitive Rugby.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

scooter wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:50 pm Great news Richard.

I was in the St Johns Road Council Estate Gang.

Is that the same as a Fraternity or The Bullingdon Club?

scooter
Thank you, as for your gang It’s a yes.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm Very welcome news, Richard.
Yes, thank you.
Richard

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I AM SO HAPPY! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

What watch should I buy to celebrate? Perhaps the Revd. William can suggest one when I send him my details! 8)

896CD8EC-DB05-4774-894C-6148F4FDFAC2.jpeg

By the way: Kalo Mina Septemvrio everyone (Wishing you a happy month in the Greek tradition)

412467E0-7920-45BE-BB9F-5951151E905F.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
dennisbible

Post by dennisbible »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:19 pm
jkbarnes wrote:As a counter-balance to my post on the Curmudgeon’s Corner, I should add that thankfully, I’ve got a lot of faith in my administrative team in my school. And yesterday’s opening faculty meeting left me feeling inspired and excited!
That’s always good to hear.

I’m interviewing with a utility company that has a really positive energy and, because they’re public, they’re non-profit and serve the community. I’m excited to have the usual BS get pushed down the list and have things that matter to me at the top, when it comes to work.

If I get the job we’ll be moving to Knoxville, TN. I designed the university’s power plant transition from coal to natural gas, so I know the town and feel like I’ve already been a part of positive change for the community. I’ve got great vibes about it all. Hoping it works out.

But, back to you, I’m happy to hear anyone feeling inspired about work. Sometimes it’s tough to find.
I live in Knoxville. Did you get the job?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

No, I know that couriers and their drivers get a bad press, but I must say I have been impressed this week.

When my watch was delivered a few days ago, the text from DPD said it would be between 1130 and 1230. The chap turned up at 1132.

I’ve just taken delivery of a new strap. The text said 1143 to 1243, and he arrived at 1143! :D

Perhaps I was the first house on his run, but I can’t complain.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Just want to thank everyone who is queuing for fuel, it’s left my local pub all to myself. #everycloudhasasilverlining
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:58 am No, I know that couriers and their drivers get a bad press, but I must say I have been impressed this week.

When my watch was delivered a few days ago, the text from DPD said it would be between 1130 and 1230. The chap turned up at 1132.

I’ve just taken delivery of a new strap. The text said 1143 to 1243, and he arrived at 1143! :D

Perhaps I was the first house on his run, but I can’t complain.
I think DPD are easily the best delivery company. I don't use Amazon much but I think they are good as well.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Firstly IKEA, Fantastic returns policy.
We built 2 underbed drawers and then realised they didn't fit.
So we took them back built, with no packaging for a refund voucher.
Secondly Carphone Warehouse, the young man in there was beyond helpful, with a couple of glitches on both mine and my pals phones, sorted in quick time.
Thirdly, the Sainsbury's petrol station at chingford (East London), the way they kept the traffic moving and marshalled everyone in, was a lesson in how to cope with the ridiculous queues.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Well Steve if I had managed to get any petrol I would put a post here. :)

Unfortunately in our part of Hampshire neither of the petrol stations, serving a population of over 20,000 has had any petrol for the past couple of days. :(

Welcome to UK 2021…

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Drove into my usual petrol station at Sainsbury’s in Halifax at about 7am on my way to work. Pulled straight up to the pump as usual, no queue and several empty pumps to choose from. Filled up and drove away within 5 mins.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Can I have this week's lottery numbers please? :)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

My daughter called me last night and asked if I could pick her up from work which I was more than please to do so. On the way home I passed a BP garage and as luck would have it with no queue, I pulled in and filled up. This morning I drove past the same garage and it was dry, it really is a lottery.
Richard

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Difficult to imagine someone posting how pleased they are in only having to queue for about 50 minutes to put petrol in the tank. :problem:

Car was almost empty after a long drive back from Cumbria last Friday. Just managed to buy some petrol after queuing for only about 50 minutes. Hooray.

I can now go about my business in the normal manner.

Wore my Speedmaster on a Tide strap to time the event.

Even the strap seemed appropriate. I recall an expression that I first heard in about 2008 - “it is only when the tide is out that you realise who has been swimming naked”.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
Thermexman
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK