The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The Non-Curmudgeons Corner

Post by JAFO »

Looks like a Corona virus spike in Leicester next week.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I heard a couple of cuckoos this morning, for the first time in four years. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Had my second jab yesterday. Absolutely no headache, aches and pains or hangover feeling this time. I felt like **** for 48h after the first one. Just a slightly sore arm where the needle went.

Negative lateral flow test this morning. I have to do them twice a week, and they’re always negative, but it’s always a relief.

I’ve got 10 days off and the whole week ahead looks glorious.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Still buzzing after yesterday’s playoff final.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I thought it was a shame that the thread about the offensive smilies was locked. I was going to suggest/note in passing that a lot of them seem to be German. (The green ones?)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Had an email from a friend earlier to say an excellent local brewery (Vocation Brewery from Cragg Vale just outside Hebden Bridge) had 20% discount off certain beers from their online shop.

Ordered a generous selection, enough to trigger the free delivery, at about 8.30 today and they’ve just been delivered less than 12 hours later.

Apparently the brewery does same day delivery for all HX postcodes. On the other hand this could work out quite dangerous to my wallet.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

LAST. DAY. OF. SCHOOL! :applaus: :party: :cheers:

I can’t wait to kick this miserable year to the curb.
Drew
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Pranged my car whilst parking yesterday :censored:
Submitted an online claim this morning (very straightforward process), within 30 mins the insurer had requested photos which I quickly sent. Within an hour the repairer contacted me to book it in. Having not claimed for years, I am delighted on how painless the process has been so far. 2 hours from raising the claim to getting the car booked in. Impressive.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Think I might have pulled tonight? Was out walking my dog, whilst on hols, when I passed a pair of octogenarians sat on a bench. I heard one of the ladies say “what’s your name sweetheart?” as the dog passed them. I said “he’s called Cocoa” She replied “I didn’t mean the dog”. :shock: :silent: :lol:
Steve.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Woke up this morning after an afternoon/evening session in a nearby BrewDog with a couple of friends and discovered that I was completely devoid of any hangover. That is always a result!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Having read on another thread the problems that some folks have with cats, I’ve the perfect solution, a Westie. As cutie as he is, he will chases anything that’s furry off his territory. All the local cats have learnt to keep well away, brilliant deterrent. More importantly, he’s my best friend.

6AC0EA36-74EA-4A63-9DDD-9659D0FB2E9A.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Just got through a 12 day migraine... (that’s the curmudgeon part)... Unless you’ve experienced migraine it’s hard to explain how lovely you feel when it lifts! Aside from the pain, nausea and general **** disappearing there are also serotonin shifts going on in your brain that give you a wee mood boost. So I’ve just been round to the local park to enjoy some sun, balmy fresh air and greenness. So lovely. My plan for the rest of the summer is to bathe myself in greenery :D :D :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

missF wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm My plan for the rest of the summer is to bathe myself in greenery :D :D :D
I could recommend the Baths of Aphrodite at Akamas in Cyprus. It’s very green, but the problem is I don’t think they will let you bathe there unless you are a bona fide certified Greek goddess. It’s a bit public too, but Aphrodite probably wouldn’t have minded that. :D

08AE9B57-0C46-4D59-9F1F-E4FFFF06D0B9.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

My friends have just been fruit picking with their two girls age 6 and 3. They stopped here on the way home with two girls fast asleep in the car with raspberry juice trickles on their faces, and a punnet of strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and cherries for me. You can’t beat Scottish soft fruit when it’s in season. :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I’m thinking good news when my daughter calls and asked if I can look after her baby whilst she attends her second COVID jab appointment. Grandad time, can’t beat it.
Richard