What Car do you drive??

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by Bident »

Congrats! That car is one sexy beast. I love the color (of course, having just bought a green MINI myself :lol: ). Enjoy!
Best regards,
John
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

22D17036-FB4B-451B-A1A2-D794FF87FFDE.jpeg
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That's a classic, Mark.

Looks to be in beautiful condition. 1970s?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

jkbarnes wrote:I traded in my ‘04 MX5 with 124k miles and the wear and tear to go with it for a ‘04 MX5 Special Edition with just 27k miles. This is the very Miata I have longed to have and would have searched out after retirement - British Racing Green with tan leather interior & wood trim; 6spd manual gearbox; low miles; clearly garage kept and babied because it’s in immaculate condition.

I stumbled across the listing quite by accident. It was local and the price was good. My wife said I’d be an idiot to pass it up, so I didn’t.

E14D8646-63D6-4E52-A16E-762CC574C002.jpeg
FC1C2C29-2E20-46AB-917A-504A1892F532.jpeg
894C69FE-B2DA-4838-AE7D-2F3F13FFEA45.jpeg

Your wife was absolutely right, Andrew (aren't they always :wink: ).

Lovely classic, colour combination.

I trust you were able to chip the price for the bent front number plate, though. :D :D

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mik
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by mik »

Markornot - Wow - that is marvellous 😎

A mate inherited a Sud last year, but it isn’t pristine. He has a number of cars (inc E36 M3 and an E30 M3) but he loves the little Sud.

C11 MSL
C1000 Cockpit Edition
Alpina Alpiner 4
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:23 am I traded in my ‘04 MX5 with 124k miles and the wear and tear to go with it for a ‘04 MX5 Special Edition with just 27k miles. This is the very Miata I have longed to have and would have searched out after retirement - British Racing Green with tan leather interior & wood trim; 6spd manual gearbox; low miles; clearly garage kept and babied because it’s in immaculate condition.

I stumbled across the listing quite by accident. It was local and the price was good. My wife said I’d be an idiot to pass it up, so I didn’t.
Very nice Andrew, I do recall seeing a couple of these SE's before and love the colour/material combination (BRG/tan leather & hood/wood). It's making me a bit sentimental about my MX5 days. Maybe one day I'll get another!

If it was between a MX5 and something like a Lamborghini, I'd definitely have to go for the MX5 after seeing this

Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:23 am I traded in my ‘04 MX5 with 124k miles and the wear and tear to go with it for a ‘04 MX5 Special Edition with just 27k miles. This is the very Miata I have longed to have and would have searched out after retirement - British Racing Green with tan leather interior & wood trim; 6spd manual gearbox; low miles; clearly garage kept and babied because it’s in immaculate condition.

E14D8646-63D6-4E52-A16E-762CC574C002.jpeg
FC1C2C29-2E20-46AB-917A-504A1892F532.jpeg
894C69FE-B2DA-4838-AE7D-2F3F13FFEA45.jpeg
That's a terrific car Andrew - congratulations :clap:
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Thanks everyone! I’m just thrilled with it. While I hadn’t planned on buying a car, all the stars seemed to line up with this one - model, color combo, miles, price. I couldn’t pass it up.

As for the number plate Guy, that’s from my previous MX5, so the bent plate is on me.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Really delighted for you Andrew !!
I know how much of an MX5 Miata fan you are and this new one looks mint and the one to have and to keep.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am Really delighted for you Andrew !!
I know how much of an MX5 Miata fan you are and this new one looks mint and the one to have and to keep.
Mint indeed! When I bought my first MX5 I told my wife she’d have to bury me in it because o was never selling it. Sadly, it wasn’t up to the long haul. With 124k miles, it was in need of some love - the clutch was worn to bits, the top leaked, it had rust, the AC didn’t work, it had a bit of a funky smell to it, the speakers didn’t work.... but man, did I love it none the less. The upside of the wear and tear was that I never worried about anything happening to it.

I should be able to drive this new one until I’m in the grave!

A few observations after an hour and a half drive home on back country roads:
  • The 6 speed gear box will take some getting used. It feels like these gears are much more closely spaced
  • The wood steering wheel feels great, but I can tell it’s going to get hot!
  • My previous MX5 felt more lively. Maybe I drove it with a bit more abandon because it wasn’t mint?
  • I need leather driving gloves now.
Chuffed to bits (to quote another North American forum member) with this new car!
Drew
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm Chuffed to bits (to quote another North American forum member) with this new car!
Actually, that is the correct term. It was "chuffing at the bits" iirc, which sounds quite unpleasant :lol:

Beautiful MX5 Andrew in absolutely spotless condition.
Brilliant find and quite rightly couldn't be passed up. Enjoy it!
Ryan
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by gannet »

Congratulations that looks like a great find!
jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm
  • My previous MX5 felt more lively. Maybe I drove it with a bit more abandon because it wasn’t mint?
Probably just needs an Italian tune up... Ie a few enthusiastic uses of the rev range... When fully warm of course :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:08 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm Chuffed to bits (to quote another North American forum member) with this new car!
Actually, that is the correct term. It was "chuffing at the bits" iirc, which sounds quite unpleasant :lol:
Haha! Glad to see my American mutilation of the phrase lives on!

And nice car, Andrew! I had a Miata very briefly about 15 years ago. I absolutely loved thrashing it about! I’ve driven cars with a lot more power, but seldom as smile inducingly fun.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:08 pm Actually, that is the correct term. It was "chuffing at the bits" iirc, which sounds quite unpleasant :lol:
You can probably get something quite effective for that from your local pharmacy.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am That's a classic, Mark.

Looks to be in beautiful condition. 1970s?

Guy
Good eye, Guy...it’s a ‘71. It’s in unrestored original condition with the exception of some motor, exhaust and extensive suspension mods. It’s a kick to drive and there’s nothing quite like that Alfa twin cam song!
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage