What Car do you drive??

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by Thegreyman »

Upgraded for the day from 190 to 335 bhp not that you can really enjoy the power around Edinburgh Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:17 am Upgraded for the day from 190 to 335 bhp not that you can really enjoy the power around Edinburgh Image
Lovely! Get it out onto the main roads Patrick.

I've been out in my nephews M135i ... about as much fun as you can have with clothes on!
Ryan
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:17 am Upgraded for the day from 190 to 335 bhp not that you can really enjoy the power around Edinburgh Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice ride, a speed point magnet! :lol: 190 BHP is not to be sniffed at either; surely that doesn't come from the little silver number to the left of the beast?

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^Ryan, yes I might try and do a little detour on the country roads going back to the dealer later :)

^^^Des, haha no the 190 is my BMW. I think my wife's Fiat Panda has a scary 69 bhp :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

The removable luggage rack for my MX-5 has finally arrived, and I love it. While not the reason I purchased the rack, the travel bar fits perfectly! I’d get a photo of it on the car, but it’s pouring out.

I’ve tracked done a guy in England who makes custom leather straps with brass fittings for use on luggage racks. I’ll be placing an order as soon as I make some measurements.

0607454C-0EAE-4509-B2B8-5AC005921593.jpeg
435091CB-3CFD-43AB-AB6C-9FA2973E4D74.jpeg
Please ignore my horrific carpet
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch, Andrew. That looks rather splendid. :clap: :clap:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:45 pm Top notch, Andrew. That looks rather splendid. :clap: :clap:

Guy
Thanks, Guy! Ironically, it looks like the very thing I bought the rack to carry (two sand chairs for picnicking) might just barely fit! Oh well, the rack will still look great.

7FC17F22-37B7-45F8-A2F2-B8525998A7B4.jpeg
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I love it! Just need to get the leather luggage straps.

5393D827-C55A-4156-9A1F-862123E24543.jpeg

3390F5CE-9ACE-497F-8FEC-91220A56C918.jpeg
With the travel bar

D08D1C86-5D49-4561-BC5D-F39AEEEE645F.jpeg
Perfect for tailgating!
Drew
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Hi Andrew, if you haven't ordered the straps already its worth enquiring with local saddle makers, I have an acquaintance with a vintage car business and he found that they were cheaper and better quality than the bespoke automotive suppliers as they make 'tack' straps in the right quality and width to his requirements.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:58 pm Hi Andrew, if you haven't ordered the straps already its worth enquiring with local saddle makers, I have an acquaintance with a vintage car business and he found that they were cheaper and better quality than the bespoke automotive suppliers as they make 'tack' straps in the right quality and width to his requirements.
Thanks for recommendation. I’ll start making inquiries to see what I can find.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Patrick :clap: 8)
A gorgeous car, perfect spec and colour.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

what-time-is-it wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:16 pm One other thing I do find impressive with the Type R is the weight, which for a big car is very good - whether they can keep the weight down if they add 4wd is another matter.

The Yaris for me is a fun second car and it's now on approx 1500 miles in 4 months.

Every drive is an occasion, very analogue to the way it drives, with a mechanical feel to the drivetrain and the body feels very solid. Lots of people flashing lights, chats in petrol stations, people coming for a chat in car parks etc.

Grip is a headscratcher - it rolls a bit when you push it but you can maintain so much speed when pushing on and the brakes are strong and don't fade. Wet grip on PS4S tyres oh my, you would never know it's raining in fact that's it's party piece - go on your favourite road when it's wet so no cyclists or tourists and you can have a blast - mostly at legal speeds because you have the grip to maintain momentum.

Negatives are it's really a 2 seater, rear seats are always down in mine. Pedal setup not great for heel and toe, passenger seat is too high, too many buttons at start-up to disable lane assist, change drivetrain modes, switch on IMT, switch off traction control and lock the doors! Needs a service every 6k, 30mpg if you are steady, below 20mpg if you are having a good time and no doubt insurance will increase next year as quite a few have been crashed already - including 6 demos apparently. NVH isn't great if you do lots of motorway miles but is fine for me, some owners have added sound deadening material to the rear arches and boot, but mine is pretty standard for now as I have another coming - and the plan for that will be to change wheels (originals are £1600 per rim to replace), change the exhaust (standard makes no noise at all) and possibly chip it to 300bhp - standard is quick, but I would like it to have a bit more go.

Sounds like a lot of negatives, but rear seats will never be used, IMT is a good alternative to H&T, SWMBO likes the passenger seat height and muscle memory presses the buttons when you get in.

Overall really happy and as you know cars like this won't be around for much longer so kudos to Toyota for making it.
Congratulations Chris :clap: 8)
I saw my once one yesterday in fact, a white one.
Very very few in Ireland I would suspect....as they nearly touch €60,000 Euros over here....!! :shock:

Lichfield Motors appear to be the go to place for exhausts and tuning them.

Enjoy it.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:06 pm
Congratulations Chris :clap: 8)
I saw my once one yesterday in fact, a white one.
Very very few in Ireland I would suspect....as they nearly touch €60,000 Euros over here....!! :shock:

Lichfield Motors appear to be the go to place for exhausts and tuning them.

Enjoy it.
Thanks Ferg, but now sold! :shock: :lol: :silent:

I ordered a second one in January (before this one had arrived) and the anticipated Dec/Jan was brought forward and the car is due to late September with a bit of luck. SWMBO had no interest in driving it, or having two GR's on the drive so it was sold within a few days of making the decision. Car is now listed at Arnold Clark at £5500 over RRP. :problem: https://www.arnoldclark.com/nearly-new- ... ci-u-57549

I've already been offered 'overs' for the new car, but have no plans on selling that one and the new one will have mods - wheels arrived last week.
Litchfield use a DTUK tuning box with there branding and a different map and I'll be having one just after delivery along with a noisy exhaust to annoy my neighbours. :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Good man !
Sounds excellent, what colour have you gone for this time ?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Went for the same, so solid white, circuit pack.

You can't change the colour once it's ordered unless you cancel and start over.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris