What Car do you drive??

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by MiniMpi »

Looking forward to seeing the photos when it arrives Chris.
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

I've just had my Qashqai ceramic coated, I had the full Gyeon package, bodywork, complete interior, wheels off and coated both sides, under the arches steam cleaned and then ceramic coated and the glass coated too. The results are amazing.

CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

malvern_man wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:32 pm I've just had my Qashqai ceramic coated, I had the full Gyeon package, bodywork, complete interior, wheels off and coated both sides, under the arches steam cleaned and then ceramic coated and the glass coated too. The results are amazing.
Looks great and worth having if you look after things and plan to keep it for a while.

I looked at Ceramic vs PPF and went ceramic. If you get a professional to do it, as you know it's not cheap but it is labour intensive and worth it to fix any imperfections. Makes washing the car so much easier as well.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 am
malvern_man wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:32 pm I've just had my Qashqai ceramic coated, I had the full Gyeon package, bodywork, complete interior, wheels off and coated both sides, under the arches steam cleaned and then ceramic coated and the glass coated too. The results are amazing.
Looks great and worth having if you look after things and plan to keep it for a while.

I looked at Ceramic vs PPF and went ceramic. If you get a professional to do it, as you know it's not cheap but it is labour intensive and worth it to fix any imperfections. Makes washing the car so much easier as well.

Yes you're right it isn't cheap but it was well worth the money. I must admit I'm a bit of a Gyeon 'fan' so I've got all I need to keep it looking good. The detailing company that did it do a free 'health check' after the car has had 3 washes (Gyeon snow foam, and the Gyeon shampoo then dry only) They check for washing technique and they also like to give the coating a check over.
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Arrived at the dealer today. :D
IMG_20210916_203203.jpg
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

As much as I love my ETron as a daily driver, when it comes to a bit of fun / drive to the coast with the dogs etc… it’s a bit ‘soulless’. So, meet my new toy that I picked up yesterday - 13 years old, full Audi history, only 37,000 on the clock so I couldn’t not buy it. His name is Des!

D93D5D3C-C303-46CE-8015-4D458554971E.jpeg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:42 pm As much as I love my ETron as a daily driver, when it comes to a bit of fun / drive to the coast with the dogs etc… it’s a bit ‘soulless’. So, meet my new toy that I picked up yesterday - 13 years old, full Audi history, only 37,000 on the clock so I couldn’t not buy it. His name is Des!

D93D5D3C-C303-46CE-8015-4D458554971E.jpeg
Is that a TT? Beautiful! What a find at 13 years and only 37k miles. Enjoy!
Drew
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Yes that's a TT and a great find at that mileage.

I was out last weekend in a friends recently acquired Toyota MR2, 15 years old with just 4.5k miles on the clock. Immaculate!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:42 pm As much as I love my ETron as a daily driver, when it comes to a bit of fun / drive to the coast with the dogs etc… it’s a bit ‘soulless’. So, meet my new toy that I picked up yesterday - 13 years old, full Audi history, only 37,000 on the clock so I couldn’t not buy it. His name is Des!
Nice TT Chris, very stylish. I'm with you on the electric car lacking a bit of soul. I can see the arguments, especially as a company car and If I choose to have a company car rather than my own car, as I may do in the near future then I'd have to go electric as the tax on an ICE isn't worth it. I definitely prefer the sound and character of a real engine over an electric motor though.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

In answer to the question: what car do you drive?

Answer: any that has fuel in the tank.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

gannet wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:33 pm Yes that's a TT and a great find at that mileage.

I was out last weekend in a friends recently acquired Toyota MR2, 15 years old with just 4.5k miles on the clock. Immaculate!
4.5k on the clock - it’s not even run in! I bet your friend is chuffed to bits with it. Great little cars the MR2’s were.

My TT wasn’t quite the spec I was after but finding one with that mileage and history I just had to buy it. Need to upgrade the wheels/tyres first then get a stage 1 remap on it. When I get the remap done I’ll probably fit a WALK kit too to improve the stability with the increased power.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Thegreyman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Nice TT Chris, very stylish. I'm with you on the electric car lacking a bit of soul. I can see the arguments, especially as a company car and If I choose to have a company car rather than my own car, as I may do in the near future then I'd have to go electric as the tax on an ICE isn't worth it. I definitely prefer the sound and character of a real engine over an electric motor though.
Cheers Patrick. Yeah, the electric route just makes perfect sense as a company car. It’s the reason I got mine - I offset it against the company and, by the time the accountants jiggled everything, it costs virtually nowt! They are fantastic as a daily driver to do a job, especially if you can charge at home on a cheap overnight tariff - I pay 5p/kWH and hardly ever need to charge out on the road. I think I have a perfect combination for my needs now with the ETron as the daily workhorse and the TT to enjoy. I still have my mark 1 MX5 that needs some work and is currently SORNED but that’s just my personal toy as I can’t get the dogs in it!

Here’s them both together - my perfect combo

2546DE3B-1D5F-4DCE-9125-4043609BC61B.jpeg
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:34 pm Arrived at the dealer today. :D
Nice one Chris :clap: 8)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Well done, a very very nice car.
Enjoy it 8)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Well…as there’s a rather nice Audi TT, going by the name of Des doing the rounds, I thought I’d show this Des’s trusty steed. She’s Swedish, I’m very fond of her indeed, her names Brit. She’s a Saab 93 btw.

Des
D0461E88-C5F8-40E2-BB03-D74A244CB834.jpeg
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?