Sold out
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Watch strap for LE2009

Post by widge34 »

I'm still considering changing the bracelet on my LE09 to a black strap. Is there anywhere else to purchase this style of strap as the le09 does not have lugs?

Also how exactly does the strap fit this watch?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Watch strap for LE2009

Post by rcherryuk »

You need to ask Wera for the strap bars, these have a threaded end which you remove, you then and pass it through the strap and the case and then replace the threaded end.

You can get leather or alligator straps from CW or get custom made straps from many sources, theres a great guy called Toshi who posts on TZ-UK, many of us have his straps, however if he's not made one for a C2 before you might need to send him the watch so he can ensure it fits perfectly.
Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Thanks for that. So if i order a strap from CW will it come with the strap bars or do i purchase these separately?
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

widge34 wrote:Thanks for that. So if i order a strap from CW will it come with the strap bars or do i purchase these separately?

I'd imagine they'd come 'with' as it's not a regular strap using regular spring pins!!
John
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Monkey wrote:
widge34 wrote:Thanks for that. So if i order a strap from CW will it come with the strap bars or do i purchase these separately?

I'd imagine they'd come 'with' as it's not a regular strap using regular spring pins!!

Just contacted Chris, and yes, the strap comes with bars and fitting instructions.
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

So what type of tool would i need to remove the pins that hold the bracelet to the watch?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

If you have them very fine pin or drift. If you have very steady hands you could try using a thin jewellers screwdriver. once you've pushed the bar out sufficiently from one side then use a pair of pliers to ease it out the rest of the way.

Be careful as once the pin is out the sleeve that it 'binds' in will drop out and disappear if you're not careful!

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

widge34 wrote:So what type of tool would i need to remove the pins that hold the bracelet to the watch?
I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =35&t=3784
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Black leather strap now on. Fits the wrist better than the bracelet and watch is also lighter. Just need the strap to soften now.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

widge34 wrote:Black leather strap now on. Fits the wrist better than the bracelet and watch is also lighter. Just need the strap to soften now.
No worries....it only takes a few days.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
combatcupcake

Post by combatcupcake »

I'm curious, if I wanted to get another Non-CW strap for the LE09, what type would I need to look for?
I'd love to find a black carbon fiber with white stitching, but just being able to browse some others would be nice.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

combatcupcake wrote:I'm curious, if I wanted to get another Non-CW strap for the LE09, what type would I need to look for?
I'd love to find a black carbon fiber with white stitching, but just being able to browse some others would be nice.
I am not aware of there being aftermarket notched straps that will specifically fit the C2 [anyone know if the IWC Ingenieur has the same measurements?]...

You need a 26mm strap with the central 14mm section cut out of it (or you could cut it out yourself :shock: ). The strap material would have to be thin enough not to foul on the case (the strap bars are quite close to the case) and if you were to do the cutting out you may leave a rough edge :? .

If you are not a leather crafter yourself you can commission a custom strap (at a price) from somewhere like this... http://www.abp-paris.com/ ... there is an online customised order form on the site. (I have no connection and have never used them myself - just the first custom strapmaker I clicked on while googling)
I have read good things about http://www.banda.com/ on another forum.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

You could try here: http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/ but you will need to get the screwbars from CW first as otherwise your new strap won't connect to the watch 'head'.

A good handmade strap that should outlast the watch will cost you in the region of £50-£60.

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
combatcupcake

Post by combatcupcake »

Oh well, I figured it was too custom.
combatcupcake

Post by combatcupcake »

Another question:
how do you keep this

From turning into this

Is it just from sweat and I'd be better with a waterproof strap? Of course, cant really do that with the Lido.... welp.