Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Hello from No. 21...

Post by Uncle Bill »

The LE has been on my wrist since delivery. It has kept good time; a few seconds loss a day is decreasing so I'm leaving that alone for a while. It has accompanied me whilst snow clearing with a broom and shovel and I haven't scratched or dinged the case or strap. I'm back at work now. Had to mess around with jump leads, spanners and battery yesterday and didn't consider taking off the LE. It is very easy to read whatever the lighting. The day and date is clear. I can tell the time by the lume at night (bedroom is dark) It is a very good watch and well worth the money. It's set to become the usual watch to wear, I'm sure...UB.. :)
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Hello from No. 21...

Post by downer »

Good to hear a story about a bloke bonding with his watch. :)

It is clear that the Forum LE is one of those rare watches that seems to fit in with all patterns and circumstances of life; from jump leads and spanners to office and suit and back to jeans and jumper without any problem at all.

The LE continues to get good comments on WUS. Here is another one I saw recently:
The CWFLE - Now that is a beauty!
It has been said before, but the LE is a design triumph! Well done again to all involved. :)
Richard
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Back at ya from no' 98 :D Nice little write up UB :)

I havn't worn mine exclusively, but it has had a fair amount of wrist time. I've not monitored the timekeeping down to the nearest second, but it does seem there or thereabouts, which is fine for me :)

I see the remaining one's are going, slowly but surely!!
John
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

#32 says Hello Folks! as well.

Currently wearing mine, and have been a fair bit since it arrived. From the moment I put it on the bracelet, it's stayed on the bracelet, and for the most part feels perfect!

I have, however, ordered some leather and am going to have a go at making a strap for it though. I kind of have it worked out how I am going to navigate the notches. Not sure how it'll pan out in practice, but we'll see :D

It's just as suited to casual as it is smart work clothes, so I have no problems leaving it on of an evening after a day in the office! Which is fantastic really.

My ONLY complaint about the watch... The words "Swiss" "Made" could do with being slightly smaller so that they fit betweeen a minute marker. Yep, seriously, that's my only complaint! :D

These watches are serious bargains.
springer
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by springer »

Monkey wrote: I see the remaining one's are going, slowly but surely!!
Still no correlation on the number left and the serial no. list, though? #64 is earmarked for me, I hope, but hasn't gone from the 'availables' :shock:
Out on the wiley, windy moors....

C2LE
S3SWS (the FPO's)
R20-DEC-SKK (ditto)
C6SOSI
C80GB1
C11-AUTO-BENZ-SKK

Member of the C80 Owners Club
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Bonny »

I have to add that No.24 has been getting a lot of wear.

Being a newbie, I am so pleased with the whole idea of a forum LE and particularly with the finished product that I sent a rather glowing thank you in to CWL. I don't have the collections or experience of watches that you guys have, but I do know what I like and the C2LE is a cracker for me!
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

#15 <waves>

I wasn't totally happy with the bracelet - looked good though - so I got a black leather - trying that at the moment.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
slex40
CW-watches: 6

Post by slex40 »

I bought 5 CW watches since September last year, and the 2009 LE is the best. Second place for the C8 and I also like the C7 (although it's not having a real "life" - just quartz). I am not sure about my C60 and C3. C60 is very special but heavy on the wrist (metal strap) and the C3 needs more character.
Anyway, I really love the 2009 LE: personality, changing blue/black lights and (probably just by accident) it's dropping 1 second per week!!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

slex40 wrote:I bought 5 CW watches since September last year, and the 2009 LE is the best. Second place for the C8 and I also like the C7 (although it's not having a real "life" - just quartz). I am not sure about my C60 and C3. C60 is very special but heavy on the wrist (metal strap) and the C3 needs more character.
Anyway, I really love the 2009 LE: personality, changing blue/black lights and (probably just by accident) it's dropping 1 second per week!!
5 in six months! You have the bug!

Your LE is extremely accurate. Congratulations. :D

Maybe you could try a different strap on the C60? I think they look great with a black strap.
Richard