CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Backward LE Bracelet

Post by rcherryuk »

Hi,

I had noticed, as had many others that the logo on the LE bracelet was upside down,well after comparing it to the bracelets on other watches I realised that the Logo isn't upside down, the whole bracelet is on backward!

So I popped the bracelet off,reversed it and voila! the logo is the right way round AND the bracelet fits better.

Maybe they were fitted in a hurry? :)

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Backward LE Bracelet

Post by Kip »

Seems it may have been a "Rookie" who didn't understand the proper way to install them.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

That's quite ironic really. I bought my LE on leather, and ordered the bracelet separately.

It arrived today, and they actually come with instructions on how to fit the bracelet to the C2! :lol:
langtoftlad

Post by langtoftlad »

A newbie here, saying Hi

I like the look of the bracelet but it's hard to tell from the various pictures I've seen...
a) Does it have any micro adjustment around the clasp
b) How is link removal done? Are the links screwed or push-pins?
c) Can anyone pop theirs on a scale - what does the watch weigh complete with bracelet?

Nearly bought a C6 Kingfisher awhile back, but couldn't quite get past it being quartz and wasn't completely convinced of the dial colour & bezel.

This however, looks a beauty.
springer
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by springer »

a) Sadly not

b) Pins have screw heads, although the jeweller who adjusted my bracelet did it as if they were push-pins :shock: No obvious harm done.

c) Not sure, sorry.
Out on the wiley, windy moors....

C2LE
S3SWS (the FPO's)
R20-DEC-SKK (ditto)
C6SOSI
C80GB1
C11-AUTO-BENZ-SKK

Member of the C80 Owners Club
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

langtoftlad wrote: b) How is link removal done? Are the links screwed or push-pins
The links are good old pins, I've resized mine,you can do it as well if you're not too 'fumble fingered'!

See here for information on how to remove links, you can pick up a reasonable link removal tool for a fiver on the 'Bay'
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... celets.htm

Also the bracelet is fastened to the watch case by sleeveed pins, If you want to fit a strap afterwards ask someone at CW to send you a set of 'screwbars' to fit the strap.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

langtoftlad wrote:A newbie here, saying Hi

I like the look of the bracelet but it's hard to tell from the various pictures I've seen...
a) Does it have any micro adjustment around the clasp
b) How is link removal done? Are the links screwed or push-pins?
c) Can anyone pop theirs on a scale - what does the watch weigh complete with bracelet?

Nearly bought a C6 Kingfisher awhile back, but couldn't quite get past it being quartz and wasn't completely convinced of the dial colour & bezel.

This however, looks a beauty.
Hello, welcome!

I've just thrown my C2LE and bracelet onto the kitchen scales, and although they're not renowned for accuracy, they are telling me that the combo weighs 175g.

There is no micro adjustment at the clasp, it's a butterfly arrangement, but the bracelet does have two half links, so you should be able to get a good fit.

The links for adjustment are push pins, even though one end is slotted to look like a screw.

Hope that helps, and you're right, it is a beauty!! :)
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
langtoftlad

Post by langtoftlad »

Thanks all - I've got one of those gizmos, thanks Rob - it's always useful to "know" how to tackle a bracelet before starting rather than scratching about trying to unscrew pins or push out screws :lol:

I see the last few are on the main sales site - albeit without pictures and a fiver more - labeled as the C20 LE :?

Cheers
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

Tooks wrote:The links for adjustment are push pins, even though one end is slotted to look like a screw.
They are split pins, so the pin is folder back on itself,leaving what looks like a screw head at one end and a little 'bump' at the other. They should only be pushed out from the non 'split' end.

Most brcelets have a little arrow on them to indicate which way to push the pin out.

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

rcherryuk wrote:
Tooks wrote:The links for adjustment are push pins, even though one end is slotted to look like a screw.
They are split pins, so the pin is folder back on itself,leaving what looks like a screw head at one end and a little 'bump' at the other. They should only be pushed out from the non 'split' end.

Most brcelets have a little arrow on them to indicate which way to push the pin out.

Rob
Er, yes, I know. I own one and have removed it, put it back on the right way round, and adjusted it!! :D :lol:

I know it isn't a screw, I just didn't want anybody trying to turn the 'screw end' with a jewellers screwdriver and wondering why they weren't getting very far. :lol:
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
springer
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by springer »

langtoftlad wrote:I see the last few are on the main sales site - albeit without pictures and a fiver more - labeled as the C20 LE :?
Blimey, they're well hidden!! :lol: Prospective buyers are gonna have to work hard for theirs....
Out on the wiley, windy moors....

C2LE
S3SWS (the FPO's)
R20-DEC-SKK (ditto)
C6SOSI
C80GB1
C11-AUTO-BENZ-SKK

Member of the C80 Owners Club
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by widge34 »

rcherryuk wrote:Hi,

I had noticed, as had many others that the logo on the LE bracelet was upside down,well after comparing it to the bracelets on other watches I realised that the Logo isn't upside down, the whole bracelet is on backward!

So I popped the bracelet off,reversed it and voila! the logo is the right way round AND the bracelet fits better.

Rob
Although the logo may now be the right way round. Isn't the words Christopher Ward on the bar underneath the Clasp upside down now?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

widge34 wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:Hi,

Rob
Although the logo may now be the right way round. Isn't the words Christopher Ward on the bar underneath the Clasp upside down now?
Is should read correctly if you roll your wrist 'over'. The brand should be in line with your arm .

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

Yes but those words aren't seen while wearing the watch. However the logo is visible and as we in the West read left to right it needs to be swapped to look right.

I swapped mine and not only did it look better, the bracelet fit better and was easier to put on and take off.
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re:

Post by widge34 »

paw3001 wrote:Yes but those words aren't seen while wearmgbthe watch. However the logo is visible and as we in the West read left to right it needs to be swapped to look right.

I swapped mine and not only did it look better, the bracelet fit better and was easier to put on and take off.
Did you swap the bracelet over yourself? Was it easy enough to do?