Sold out
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Re: LE 2009 delivery date?

Post by paw3001 »

Monkey - surprisingly skinny wrists for a tennis coach or is your right wrist much thicker! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Watches - Too many but not enough!
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

I think there may be a problem with the LE in that none of the watches are showing the correct time ! i make it 0909 !

A lovely watch......shame i can't have one......looks very clean and plain.....how i like them
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

paw3001 wrote:Monkey - surprisingly skinny wrists for a tennis coach or is your right wrist much thicker! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, I inherited my Fathers skinny frame............doesn't mean I can't hit the ball hard tho :wink:
John
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

Mine has arrived today. The scratches on the back are noticeable but fairly minor. It looks like the case-back tool slipped while either removing or tighten the case-back.

First impressions...not sure, wife said it looked cheap but then she married me so what does she know!

Finish is not great, ignoring the scratches, the bracelet and clasp has some rough edges. It also feels lightweight and has push pins which I hate. Plus it seem all the bracelets have been fitted the wrong way round

Crown is screw down and is stiff but it is new. However in the flesh the crown seems a bit to big for the watch but this just might be me!

Dial is lovely...a pure white with the indices looking black until light hits and you can see the blue and lume is good on the hands.

Overall the watch looks good and looks like a £300-500 watch and is certainly on par with my Hamilton but not my Stowa or Sinn.

The key question is "Would I have brought this watch if I had seen it in the Jewellers?" My answers is "I don't know but I don't think so". As you can no doubt tell I am not sure if this is a stayer but it is a Forum and limited to 100...Hmmmm
C15-is-my-first

Post by C15-is-my-first »

It's here

It's magnificent

I haven't told the Mrs yet and hinted heavily that the package is a present for her

My impending trip to the jewellers to get it resized is disguised as a trip to 'pick something up' that she can't know about

I'm going to hell with a nice watch on my wrist

Cheers everyone. Merry xmas

J
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Paw, sorry you aren't happy with your LE - the 'upside down' bracelet - under the CW logo catch is a bar with 'Christopher Ward' on it, the right way up to read. The 'CW' is a logo and is the same way up on my C40 - and on some of my other watches of other makes. There may not be a right or wrong way for a logo?...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
arthur08
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by arthur08 »

Hi Paw, I know what you mean about the bracelet, it does feel a little tinny compared to others I have, however it does adjust well and is very comfy.

I find the crown is just right, it seems in proportion and is easy to grip and screws in firmly

The price issue is a difficult one, £300 is a lot for me to pay for a watch, but to have the input at the beginning, a say in the design and the knowledge that there are only 100 made makes it worth the money in my opinion.

I suppose one way to gauge if its a keeper is whether you look forward to putting it on, like I did this morning :D
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

arthur08 wrote: I suppose one way to gauge if its a keeper is whether you look forward to putting it on, like I did this morning :D
Don't me wrong it is a good watch and I'm glad most people are loving theirs but it isn't making my heart race! At the moment I am more inclined to keep it purely as a collectors piece because of the input we had and it's limited nature but I can't see myself wearing it.
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Well, my disappointment has gone now, and it was the first watch out the box this morning.

I've been in contact with Wera, and she is sorting out the dial next week after Xmas, and fitting a bracelet too!

Happy chappy again! :)
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

Yesterday I too received my LE and I'm very very pleased with how it turned out. I think it is a beautiful watch. A big part of he fun was being a part of the decision process. The discussions are still fresh in my memory and I've even participated a little in them using my iPod Touch while being on vacation. (I felt it was that important to me).

I think we have a great outcome of this process and I want to thank the forum members that made this happen (you know who you are).

BIG THANK YOU!
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

Andyft21 wrote:Mine hasn't made it yet, I hope the neighbour will take it in tomorrow if it arrives, the weather here has been very bad so not sure if I will get it this week. :(

Great photos guys. :)
Its arrived and I am well chuffed, thanks to all involved with this, another great watch
Andy
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lamps »

The postman was tried to delivery mine today, I found the blue card on the door mat when I got in from work. Jumped in the to head down to the post office. And guest what, the cuffing car wouldn't started - sickner :( :( :(
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:The postman was tried to delivery mine today, I found the blue card on the door mat when I got in from work. Jumped in the to head down to the post office. And guest what, the cuffing car wouldn't started - sickner :( :( :(
I feel for you lamppo, hope you get it next week, its worth the wait.
Andy
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:The postman was tried to delivery mine today, I found the blue card on the door mat when I got in from work. Jumped in the to head down to the post office. And guest what, the cuffing car wouldn't started - sickner :( :( :(

I could say something about a recent thread where you explained why you buy old cars..........but as it's Xmas, I'll let you off :wink:

Shame you couldn't pick up your watch tho mate...........the suspense will mount over the next few days then?!! :)
John
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

I'm sure there'll be a few other things going on over the next few days to distract you from the C2LE lamppo!