Sold out
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Re: LE 2009 delivery date?

Post by Lamps »

I'm now wondering if I should have got for a leather strap instead :? :? :? :?
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:I'm now wondering if I should have got for a leather strap instead :? :? :? :?
If I remember rightly, the C2 leather straps were in the last sale at quite a cheap price... I'd stick with the bracelet, and snag a cheap leather strap.
Nico
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-one: yes

Post by Nico »

mjh93sa wrote:
ewanptr wrote:Guys, any pictures with brown strap? Please :D :D :D
Need more light and to get the tripod out, but here's a quick snap.

Perfect picture!

This is the perfect combination ... steel case, white dial and brown leather strap ....

Wera told me that my C2 left CW today :cooler:

Nico
C15-is-my-first

Post by C15-is-my-first »

No sign of number 010 today. Hopefully postie will take time out from dropping red elastic bands all over the place in order to deliver tomorrow.

Pics look great - I hope it'll look ok on my little wrist.

Tooks - check your email.....

Happy xmas watch people
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

C15-is-my-first wrote:No sign of number 010 today. Hopefully postie will take time out from dropping red elastic bands all over the place in order to deliver tomorrow.
Not just my driveway that gets littered with them then! :( I'm sick of finding them.
arthur08
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by arthur08 »

Hi lamppo, I'm with cta on this one. The bracelet adjusts pretty well, I've taken 4 links out of mine and its very comfortable. It doesn't feel a great deal different in quality to the one from my orange monster however, which was a good deal cheaper. I'll keep my eyes open if any leather straps come up in the sale so I can change it if I fancy.
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Bonny »

When I was ordering mine, I couldn't decide on strap or bracelet as I thought it would look great with a brown strap too, so I ordered it with the bracelet (which does look very fine in the pcitures posted) and requested a "spare" brown strap to go with it.... I can change it at will then. Assuming that is No. 24 arrives anytime soon.

Be interesting to see if anyone notices I have a new watch when I go back to work!!

Bon
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
ewanptr
CW-watches: 1

Post by ewanptr »

Need more light and to get the tripod out, but here's a quick snap.

Image[/quote]

thanks a lot! I think it looks excellent in this combination, I'll probably go for this option after xmas
:D
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Well, mine didn't arrive today, just some eBay watch tools - but I have tomorrow off so I'll be sitting with my nose pressed against the window waiting for postie.
Whenwillthedamnthingarrive?

A question - did anyone get email confirmations after paying or on despatch (I didn't).
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
downer

Post by downer »

Loddonite wrote: A question - did anyone get email confirmations after paying or on despatch (I didn't).
I didn't.. I don't think CWL can use their standard ordering system for the LE as it is 'not on the website'. Therefore, I assume these orders are processed a bit more manually - hence the lack of emails etc.
Richard
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Well, I finally picked my watch up late afternoon from the sorting office having missed the postie this morning!!

First impressions......well, everything was wrapped well, nothing was loose, and I like the presentation box which looks smart!!

The watch..... I was suprised at how big it looked, and was worried it would look to big on my skinny wrists!!

I went for the black leather option in the end. I changed from the bracelet as I thought the leather gave it more contrast, altho having now seen the bracelets, they do look good too :)

The watch is absolutely faultless and looks spot on. The face is very subtle with the blue hands and markers, but also quite imposing in a way, maybe due to the size and white face.....I don't have anything similar so it looked a lot different.

I tried it on, and realised I was going to have to punch an extra hole in the strap, as even on the shortest setting, it was still too big :shock:

It got the seal of approval from Mrs M, who didn't think it looked too big, and was very nice :)

I still kinda think it looks a bit big, but then I've been wearing smaller vintage watches recently, and the one I had on today is only 37mm accross, so this looks huge in comparison!!

Anyway, took a few quick shots with the cameraphone when we got back in this evening to give you an idea.....will try and get a few more tomorrow.

A big thanks goes out to CW, Hans and The Team who got this off the ground and into production....nice job 8)

John
downer

Post by downer »

Looks fine on your wrist Monkey, although I think it's a good job you didn't go for the bracelet.

The first link of the bracelet sticks out in a straightish line from the watch case, meaning the end-to-end 'length' of the watch is probably the length of the case + 12mm, which may then have overlapped the edges of your wrist.
Richard
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Monkey »

downer wrote:Looks fine on your wrist Monkey, although I think it's a good job you didn't go for the bracelet.

The first link of the bracelet sticks out in a straightish line from the watch case, meaning the end-to-end 'length' of the watch is probably the length of the case + 12mm, which may then have overlapped the edges of your wrist.
I've had other watches this size with a bracelet that did that, so I must have been subconsciously thinking that when I changed to a leather strap?!!

Having looked at the other pics the guys have posted, inc 'the gorilla' :D I don't think it looks too bad size wise, so think it'll be a keeper :)
John
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

I agree Monkey, it looks perfect on your wrist. I am thinking of ordering a brown strap after Christmas to give a bit of choice but while the bracelet mode looks like it was made for me size-wise I am concerned that I will not quite be able to pull off the look you manage here. I almost wish I could have slightly smaller wrists just to look that good! :cuinlove:
[/end love interest]
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Monkey »

Mortis wrote:I agree Monkey, it looks perfect on your wrist. I am thinking of ordering a brown strap after Christmas to give a bit of choice but while the bracelet mode looks like it was made for me size-wise I am concerned that I will not quite be able to pull off the look you manage here. I almost wish I could have slightly smaller wrists just to look that good! :cuinlove:
[/end love interest]

Lol, I'll swap your bigger wrists for my skinny one's then!! :lol:

I think I may order a brown strap after crimbo aswell, as it looked good in one of the piccys put up earlier, and will give it a different look :D
John