LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Final 2009 Forum LE Images

Post by Kip »

Here are the final drawings with the text changed on both front and back.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-two: yes

Re: Final 2009 Forum LE Images

Post by Andyft21 »

Thanks Kip,

Drawings look great, more meds please :D
Andy
skidder
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by skidder »

Seems like something is missing from the face.......kidding!! :lol: Looks fantastic. I ordered the metal strap but think I will have to pick up a leather strap too as they look ace. This looks like a different leather strap rather than the alligator print.
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

Looks nice, but I was disappointed to see that the hands and markers will be painted blue (shown in the drawings as Pantone 295C color) rather than being authentic "blued steel" by heat treatment. I think this misses the complexity and subtlety in the surface finish.

It's kind of like having a wood floor that is really just a picture of wood printed on plastic laminate...

JP
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Although the drawings show a regular plain leather strap, the actual strap will be the standard C2 Alligator grain (not Louisiana Alligator) strap. The bracelet will be as shown.

Upgrades, if desired, will be made at time of actual order and payment.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
tistvan
CW-watches: 4

Post by tistvan »

Ooh, I was just about to celebrate... Those straps look really nice. So if it's the original, then does anyone has any suggestions where I could find leather straps that fit the C2 and are matte, a la the C7 leather strap?

The drawings are great, can't wait for the real deal...
"Murphy was an optimist."
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

tistvan wrote:Ooh, I was just about to celebrate... Those straps look really nice. So if it's the original, then does anyone has any suggestions where I could find leather straps that fit the C2 and are matte, a la the C7 leather strap?

I agree those straps do look great - far nicer than the mock-croc IMHO.

I don't think it will be easy (or even possible at all) to find a leather strap to the fit the C2, due to the specific shape of the central lug.
Richard
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Thanks Kip, those pictures look great. I am certain that the the watch will look even better when we all have it on the wrist, can't wait. :lol:
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lamps »

tistvan wrote:Ooh, I was just about to celebrate... Those straps look really nice. So if it's the original, then does anyone has any suggestions where I could find leather straps that fit the C2 and are matte, a la the C7 leather strap?

I'd say you've got 2 options

1) http://www.christopherward.co.uk/SD2_ST ... p-26mm.htm

2) get one hand made to order - though I really dont know where to even start to look :? :?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:though I really dont know where to even start to look :? :?
Don't worry, a few of us know just the guy :-)

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

28800bph wrote:Looks nice, but I was disappointed to see that the hands and markers will be painted blue (shown in the drawings as Pantone 295C color) rather than being authentic "blued steel" by heat treatment. I think this misses the complexity and subtlety in the surface finish.

It's kind of like having a wood floor that is really just a picture of wood printed on plastic laminate...

JP
You are misinterpretting the Pantone color listed in the images. That is listed because it is the color used for the "Limited Edition" text on the dial, not the hands and markers. The hands and markers are not "painted". I am not sure what the correct term is for how they are treated though.

At one time, prior to going Swiss Made, the blued screws in the ETA 2824-2 movement were not heat treated to become blue. I don't know what the process would have been called though. To my knowledge, those blue screws in the movement haven't changed, but I haven't checked with Chris lately (since going Swiss Made) to see if that has changed. The hands and markers will be made blue the same way those screws are in the movement. So if you have a CW with an auto movement with blue screws, the hands and markers should look the same.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

That all-steel is going to look wicked with those blued hands! Can't wait...UB... =D>
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lamps »

Uncle Bill wrote:That all-steel is going to look wicked with those blued hands! Can't wait...UB... =D>
Now there's a term I never thought I'd see UB use. You'll be buying the La Roux ablum next if you're not careful!! :lol: :lol:
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Wotever...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

joerattz wrote:
28800bph wrote:Looks nice, but I was disappointed to see that the hands and markers will be painted blue (shown in the drawings as Pantone 295C color) rather than being authentic "blued steel" by heat treatment. I think this misses the complexity and subtlety in the surface finish.

JP
You are misinterpretting the Pantone color listed in the images. That is listed because it is the color used for the "Limited Edition" text on the dial, not the hands and markers. The hands and markers are not "painted". I am not sure what the correct term is for how they are treated though.

At one time, prior to going Swiss Made, the blued screws in the ETA 2824-2 movement were not heat treated to become blue. I don't know what the process would have been called though. To my knowledge, those blue screws in the movement haven't changed, but I haven't checked with Chris lately (since going Swiss Made) to see if that has changed. The hands and markers will be made blue the same way those screws are in the movement. So if you have a CW with an auto movement with blue screws, the hands and markers should look the same.
I hope you're right but the drawing that shows the hands only (the last picture) shows Pantone 295C color -- that's what makes me think the hands are painted blue rather than heat treated.