Sold out
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Re: Order your 2009 Forum LE now!

Post by Monkey »

Bonny wrote:I've just this moment had a call from our postman at the post office, he can't get out to us, but has two "specials" for me and wanted to let me know - I think that's pretty good service really. Better still, he's going to drop them at the wifes work (thats good and bad!) and I just have to hope she makes it home safely in the 4x4 tonight! I had hoped to sneak them in under the radar, but it doesn't look like that's gonna be possible.
So near and yet so far... still some parts of the postal service must have been working over the last few days.
Patience - always a difficult virtue to master I find!?

Good to hear the local Post Office phoned you.....are you that regular a customer then? :wink:

See what you mean about it being 'good & bad' it going to the wifes work............you will get it, but then have a lot of explaining to do :shock:

Good luck with that then :D
John
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

ctafield wrote:Wahoo! Mine just arrived, along with the extra bracelet. The postman seemed THRILLED TO BITS (not) to be out delivering in this, but I am glad he made the effort to go into work today (as I haven't :lol:).

I'm currently wearing it on the brown leather, and lug-to-lug (or whatever you call the end bits on this particular case) are just about the width of my wrist, so I *may* leave it on there rather than try the bracelet.

It's a very nice size though, it has to be said.

I'm off to eat loads of humble pie now. nom nom nom
I am very happy you finally have one. Go ahead and try it with the bracelet..that way you will know for sure.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

I'm still laughing at Bonny's 'zere is good news, and zere is bad news...' At least he'll remember when he got the watch...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Uncle Bill wrote: At least he'll remember when he got the watch...UB
And so will Mrs Bonny! :lol: :lol:
Richard
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Bonny »

downer wrote:
Uncle Bill wrote: At least he'll remember when he got the watch...UB
And so will Mrs Bonny! :lol: :lol:
I take it you are familiar with the problem then!!

She hasn't yet seen the C3 I'm wearing at this moment, acquired from a forum member very recently... and if she catches wind of the two sale time pieces, then they'll need to bring sniffer dogs to find my remains!!
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

I'm working from home today, and my wife has been in several times and starred at the box my LE arrived in... Not once has she asked me what was in it... But I can tell she wants to. It's all part of the game :lol:
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

But she is in the kitchen, grinding the glass for the gravy...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bonny »

Eeep!
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Glad you are enjoying the C3 Bonny. I think you have already worn more times than I ever did!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

I the only person that has noticed my C2LE was very complimentary. He knows my madness for "affordable" watches and keeps an eye on my wrist looking for changes. He is a bit of a stick in the mud as far as watches go - he's had the same two since I've known him an IWC Portofino and a Panerai Luminor.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Loddonite wrote:I the only person that has noticed my C2LE was very complimentary. He knows my madness for "affordable" watches and keeps an eye on my wrist looking for changes. He is a bit of a stick in the mud as far as watches go - he's had the same two since I've known him an IWC Portofino and a Panerai Luminor.
ehh?
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Kip wrote: I am very happy you finally have one. Go ahead and try it with the bracelet..that way you will know for sure.
Well, my initial thoughts are that it overhands my wrist a tad too much, but it is very comfortable! My wrist tends to change size throughout the course of the day (!) so I will give it a good go first before deciding.

Have to say, the watch looks totally different on the bracelet to the leather. TOTALLY different.

Nice to note that the bracelet comes with half links. Who says Chris doesn't listen?!? :D

edit: Just noticed the half links are actually three-quarter links. Still a good addition though! I think I am properly adjusted now after a bit more tinkering.
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bonny »

Well after suitable delay and no-one mentioning the box in the corner, I finally opened the box just now and got hold of my C2 LE with someone looking over my shoulder....
Mrs B was concerned at what such a lovely piece had cost.... assuming it was the wrong side of a grand, so she was relieved to hear it was a budget procurement!! Yup, I'm still alive!

I know lots of others have already said it, but it is a fabulous watch. I am delighted with it, well done all of you who made it happen. :D
I do like the bracelet, but am tempted to try the brown strap I bought as a spare with the watch... maybe next week for a change?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the club! Happy to here you have survived.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

We're well into January and I've finally got the LE on my wrist. The postman tried to delivery on Christmas eve but I was out, tried to get down to the post office that evening but the car packed in, then when I picked the watch up in between Christmas and New Year I realised straight away I'd ordered the wrong strap(steel) for my tiny wrist.

I didn't even bother removing any links to see how it looked just in case I ended up marking the sides of the strap for the yet unknown, new owner of the strap. Ordered a new brown leather strap, which I think could have been here possibly this time last week or early this week, but then it snowed. Finally picked the new strap up this morning and fitted it this evening.

Looks good and I'm wearing it now but it will need and new hole drilling in it because it is a little big. The watch looks great on the wrist, but because its been kicking around the front room for nearly two weeks now I've been playing with it, you know, picking it up and looking at from different angles, just enjoying the lines of the case, the simple yet flat elegance of the screw down display back, and how the case back melts into the lugs. Not having a strap on it for the last two weeks has brought a whole new level of appreciation to this watch for me.