Voting for the CW Forum LE 2009

The second forum Limited Edition of 100 pieces
Sold out

Vote for the Christopher Ward Forum LE 2009. Please read description below before voting!

Poll ended at Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 am

1. Automatic C2
53%
2. Mechanical C1 in a C8 case
29%
3. Automatic C5 in 40mm case with open heart
18%

Total votes: 148

Teamers
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Voting for the CW Forum LE 2009

Post by Teamers »

Great work Tooks! To me the C81 narrowly beats the C2 non open heart choices.

If things continue on the way they appear to be going I hope there is very good anti-reflective coating on both sides of the crystal of the C2.. it makes all the difference in the world to me on light or bright colored watch faces and will really make the silver/blue option feel luxurious.
Dan
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Dan »

Thanks Tooks, always good to see some design ideas in the flesh to help things along.

The overall impression I have from them is that it highlights how similiar the C2 LE could be to the current quartz version. Losing the day window weakens the overall design of the face as this is one of the standout features of the current watch (and not replicated in any other CW watch) I know that the movement will be different, and that is important, but from a purely visual standpoint the C2 LE just has blue hands to mark it out as "special" I just think I'd like something really different to any other current offering in the CW range, which the C81 delivers on in terms of its visual impact and the movement it uses.
Christopher Ward - C7SKS | C6SOSZ | 2009 FLE
IWC Pilot's Watch Mark XVI
King Seiko Chronometer
tomrakewell
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by tomrakewell »

For me, the problem with the C81 design lies in the fact that it will presumably use a case designed for a different watch altogether ... simply don't think they match well. To be quite honest, I do not really like the Roman numerals face of the C1 anyway. I am not keen on open heart watches, so this rules out the C5 LE and the open heart versions of the C2 ... so for me the vote is a no-brainer, has to be the C2 if any ... also would have preferred an automatic Chrono. And, I do like the idea of a mechanical watch, just the C1 is not for me :-(
Tom

Nautische Instrumente Mühle Glashütte City Automatic XIII
Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Automatic (C5SWTR) | C7 Rapide (C7STT,C7BRGLE) | C3 Malvern Chrono | C13 Henley Chrono | C2 Forum LE
Skagen 759LSLC | 759LGL | 755XLSLC
Purple

Post by Purple »

Must admit the C2 auto has been my favourite from the first descriptions - and I seem to be in the minority that like the idea of an open heart - makes it a bit different to any of the current CWl range - what is it you guys dont like about it?
CW C6; CW C3 Malvern Chrono
Rotary Skeleton Gold Automatic LE; Citizen Ecodrive
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Purple wrote:Must admit the C2 auto has been my favourite from the first descriptions - and I seem to be in the minority that like the idea of an open heart - makes it a bit different to any of the current CWl range - what is it you guys dont like about it?
Personally i think it ruins the 'clean' look of the face and makes it look like a cheapo-chino churn-em-out.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
downer

Post by downer »

village wrote: Personally i think it ruins the 'clean' look of the face and makes it look like a cheapo-chino churn-em-out.

Very well put!

Just too showy for my taste..
Richard
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

I really don't like open hearts. You can thank Fossil for spoiling them for me with their "Twist" range.
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

downer wrote:
village wrote: Personally i think it ruins the 'clean' look of the face and makes it look like a cheapo-chino churn-em-out.

Very well put!

Just too showy for my taste..
100% agreed
C
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
Purple

Post by Purple »

:shock: That's me told! Even though I don't know much about the insides I like to see a little bit of what makes the thing tick, so to speak, but there is definitely a consensus against so I must be a bit odd :?
CW C6; CW C3 Malvern Chrono
Rotary Skeleton Gold Automatic LE; Citizen Ecodrive
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Purple wrote: Even though I don't know much about the insides I like to see a little bit of what makes the thing tick,
We all do but there are display backs that do this perfectly well :)
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Or you could do what I did... get a skeleton watch for 99p off eBay! Got it out of my system for pennies! :)
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Open heart watches make you think of cheap Chinese watches? You mean cheap like these?

Would it feel classier to you if we called it "exposed balance wheel" instead?

I get your point though. I don't like the Rolex sub look because years before I ever saw a Rolex sub I saw $10 sub-lookalikes at Wal-Mart. I see a sub, and I think cheap. Just the way I was rasied, I guess! :D
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

The only ones of those examples i like are the old pocket watches...i just basically don't really like "exposed balance wheels".
Just because a watch is expensive it doesn't make it 'classy'..the Glashutte is hideous,the Edox and the Lacroix look like they have come straight from Patpong market. The other two aren't so bad but i wouldn't choose them.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

$49.99 including FAST SHIP from HK. You even get a day/night dial too for your money.

Still nasty imho :)
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

ctafield wrote:$49.99 including FAST SHIP from HK. You even get a day/night dial too for your money.

Still nasty imho :)
Why didn't you get us this image a week ago? It would have saved Tooks from needing to make a mockup! :lol:
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20