A poll - what should be the basis of our LE?

The second forum Limited Edition of 100 pieces
Sold out
kpu1012

Re: A poll - what should be the basis of our LE?

Post by kpu1012 »

I think it should be open to all forum members equally. If you have enough interest in CW watches to buy a Forum LE you clearly are a CW fan regardless of how long you have been a member of this forum or how many posts you have made. If you are checking the forum regularly you will know when the Forum LE is available and will have every opportunity to get one of the watches. Will I be bummed if I get left out if I am late? Yup, however it will only be my fault!

If we went to a seniority basis I guess I will start posting a lot of messages. I have been a forum member since October 2007 and have ~20 posts. I do check the forum for new posts almost every day and read every one of the messages. I only post new messages or replies if I can add value to the discussion.

How would seniority be determined? Is it time in the forum? Is it number of posts? Is it a combination of the two? If so, how do you weight time in forum versus number of posts?

I would hate to be Hans and tell someone that they are a less worthy forum member than someone else.

Mike
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

To settle this discussion... I asked Hans if there would be any changes. He told me that he has decided to buy them all and let only those that he really likes purchase one. He will determine who he likes best by the amount of gifts, flowers and money that he recieves. When I asked what would be appropriate he asked me how much my first check would be for.

Just Kidding!!!! :lol:

Seriously though....The LE's will be available after the announcement on a first come first served basis to any registered forum member regardless of length of service.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Are we likely to find out what the design will be, prior to the ordering process starting? Or will it be "here's the design, ORDER NOW!"?

I think the design should be released at least 24-48 hours before ordering, so people can have a good think about if they want to order or not. Although I know a lot of people will order regardless :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Hans wrote:This poll is just to get a first impression of interest. There are so many possibilities... With the results of the poll, and the feedback we get from all discussions, probably 3 or 4 candidates will be selected, and we will vote again on those candidates...
This process is underway but has been hampered by the holidays, vacations, work schedules and business at CWL. Once the candidates have been finalized they will be posted for a vote. Once the vote is complete and final price set by CW, the reservation process will begin. I wish I could give you a time frame, but as of now that is not possible.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Any news regarding the LE?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

village wrote:Any news regarding the LE?
Yep, it was a C7, 7750, red bezel, red gator strap, white face, and is going to be released on St Georges day. True story!
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

ctafield wrote:
Yep, it was a C7, 7750, red bezel, red gator strap, white face, and is going to be released on St Georges day. True story!
Rubbish
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Yeah, you're right. Sorry. Best I could come up with :oops:
Teamers
Junior
Junior

Post by Teamers »

I just have to say that I signed up for the forum on a lark after finding the brand whilst searching for my next watch and am totally impressed that this company's dedication to their comunity extends to the point of having a Forum memebers LE!!! How awsome is that!! :D
andyfry
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by andyfry »

ctafield wrote:
Joke or note - you might just have something there
:pal:
Proud owner of a C8 - IPK "Black Hawk" (#90), a C5 - AKK (#747) - with black date wheel, a C40 - SKS (#281) and now a 2009 LE C20 (#62)
Snoops
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Snoops »

Just a quick question. Does the Forum LE cater for women too? Possibly we could have a His & Hers?

Failing that, I know I've wrote it many times before, but a Auto C1 Russell. MMMMmmm tasty :D

I used t only go for the 'manly, sporty' type of watches but of late I seem to have a thing for classic, vintage designs.

Maybe is my age catching up with me. I'm going to be 35 this year :lol:
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
Teamers
Junior
Junior

Post by Teamers »

I would second an auto C1 or would may trade my children for an auto version of the c4 chrono. 8)
Typhoon
Senior
Senior

Post by Typhoon »

Snoops wrote:Just a quick question. Does the Forum LE cater for women too? Possibly we could have a His & Hers?

Failing that, I know I've wrote it many times before, but a Auto C1 Russell. MMMMmmm tasty :D

I used t only go for the 'manly, sporty' type of watches but of late I seem to have a thing for classic, vintage designs.

Maybe is my age catching up with me. I'm going to be 35 this year :lol:

I like the his and hers idea if you go here: https://www.iwc.com/index-en.asp under collection and pilots watches they have a father/son watch i thought was quite cool, I wouldnt let my dad have the bigger one though!
Christopher Ward:
C4 RCAF, C5 Aviator

Other:
Breitling Top Time, Raketa Glasnost, MWC Military Style Chrono, Accurist Dress Watch
Snoops
Senior
Senior

Post by Snoops »

I think the Father/Son watches are about $44,000!!!!!! Damn lucky would be the son whose father decides to buy the watches ;)

I'd have a hard time convincing mine, however if there was a Christopher Ward version I am sure I could buy it for him :lol:
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)
Snoops
Senior
Senior

Post by Snoops »

...Oh and jsut so its clear whatever the Forum LE is please put my name down for one. Should I also request the serial number now? ;)
CWL - C8 PILOT LE (IPK)