Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Collectors Show Cases?

Post by NMS75 »

Hi All

Just a suggestion which may or may not interest members but I was wondering if the forum would benefit from the introduction of collectors showcases? For those who are watch collectors (of both CW and non-CW watches) you could have you own dedicated sub-forum (nested within a main sub-forum) for you to post pics and informaton about watches you own in your collection. I notice some members have quite a few watches and it would maybe be nice to show them off. While we have a gallery showcases would be more personal and allow members to add additional info that might be unique to them - i.e. if the watch has an interesting story behind it or other info of interest. Should the idea be adopted I would suggest setting a certain criteria that would keep it limited to regular members who visit often and post - say members with a minimum post-count of 100 or similar. This would help avoid those who join, make a few posts then disappear after several weeks from taking up space in a dead thread.

Like I say just an idea and may or may not be of interest to members.

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Re: Collectors Show Cases?

Post by Monkey »

Not a bad idea that man :)

Mostly, 'other' watches get put under the 'Other brands' or 'off topic' area, so a SOTC area where members can post up their own stuff would be good I reckon :D
John
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

This could get very 'Data Intensive' Especially if Ian decides to post his whole collection!! :D

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

rcherryuk wrote:This could get very 'Data Intensive' Especially if Ian decides to post his whole collection!! :D

Rob
:lol: :lol: How many has he got?

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

NMS75 wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:This could get very 'Data Intensive' Especially if Ian decides to post his whole collection!!
How many has he got?
Here is one box of Ian's collection:
Here are some from a recent GTG (these are just a few of his collection):
Plus his CWLs, Breitlings, etc.
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Mortis wrote:
NMS75 wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:This could get very 'Data Intensive' Especially if Ian decides to post his whole collection!!
How many has he got?
Here is one box of Ian's collection:
Here are some from a recent GTG (these are just a few of his collection):
Plus his CWLs, Breitlings, etc.
In that case I think he needs a whole forum to himself! :shock: :lol:

Mark
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Having seen those pictures many times before, I can reveal they are NO less shocking this time around! :? :shock:
Richard
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I think you may have mixed the photos up. I think those are photos of Kips collection. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

ianblyth wrote:I think you may have mixed the photos up. I think those are photos of Kips collection. :lol:
Not quite there yet........but I'm working on it. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

So.....that'll be two new Forums for Kip & Ians collections......how bout the rest of us? 8)
John
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Monkey wrote:So.....that'll be two new Forums for Kip & Ians collections......how bout the rest of us? 8)
After posting all their watches there won't be much space left on the whole of the internet for the rest of us :lol:

Mark
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

downer wrote:Having seen those pictures many times before, I can reveal they are NO less shocking this time around! :? :shock:
Oh my, quite intense :shock: . Some serious collection there.

I like the idea of a collectors showcase, I have already learnt a lot from this forum and to see some more of other peoples watches in detail would appeal to me :D
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by androo »

Think this could be a good idea. Village would have to update it every other day in a Stalin way. a nice group shot then watches mysteriously disappear from each photo as they get flipped and all info on them erased from history.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

This is a good idea, but I'd have to prise myself away from the computer and dust the camera off, and get new batteries, and that Macro lens that I never got round to... could be expensive.

androo wrote:Think this could be a good idea. Village would have to update it every other day in a Stalin way. a nice group shot then watches mysteriously disappear from each photo as they get flipped and all info on them erased from history.
This appeals to me. "Eugene Meylan, no I have never owned one, and if you remember it you're off to Siberia"
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

Good point Dom; Andy tried to deny that at the GTG and everything!
This disease is too much if you can't even remember watches that you owned!
:lol: