Withdrawing Sold items from the 'sales corner'

Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Withdrawing Sold items from the 'sales corner'

Post by suicidal_orange »

nbg wrote:Anyone who thinks that finding what is still for sale, based upon the very small number of items posted on SC, is too difficult is.......... [please complete as appropriate] :silent: :lol:

Oh and don't forget it's a watch forum not a watch sale platform. :)

Neil
I agree - I've never found it a problem to work out which handful of watches are still available.

I'm bored though so may as well think of minimal mod effort alternatives to the original suggestion which is completely overkill :)
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

It's also important that the posts remain for research purposes, it gives users an idea of ballpark prices for different models.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

suicidal_orange wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment it would help if people didn't add a 'thanks for the facility' post after the item has sold as this bumps the thread above the unsold items.
A seller is getting plenty of bumps currently in the other brands sale section.
Not sure people would like that listing locked out.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

magicman wrote:
suicidal_orange wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment it would help if people didn't add a 'thanks for the facility' post after the item has sold as this bumps the thread above the unsold items.

Regards Steve
A good illustration of why comment should be allowed on sales posts - even though most may look and think "what's all that about?" :silent:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

nbg wrote:
magicman wrote:

Regards Steve
A good illustration of why comment should be allowed on sales posts - even though most may look and think "what's all that about?" :silent:

Neil
Either it's been cleaned up or you're talking about the guy with no pics?

I was only suggesting sellers could lock the thread when the item is sold to avoid bumping expired ones, but I guess it could be abused by known bad sellers so maybe not such a good idea.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

nbg wrote:So some folks would like something different to what is considered good enough on much larger watch forums? :shock:

Neil
Hmmm. Don't you just have an instinctive mistrust of "good enough" as in "good enough for government work"?

That said, compromise is something of an art and if sellers need help to remind them to update their listings in a timely manner to "on hold", "sold", "withdrawn" etc maybe radio buttons to achieve this are worth looking at.

I have to say though as one whose forum access is around 60% through tapatalk where the sale boards aren't visible at all i consider the difficulty in scrolling through sales listings to be a first world problem :lol: :lol: :lol:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

nbg wrote:So some folks would like something different to what is considered good enough on much larger watch forums? :shock:

Neil

Maybe some folks don't read other much larger watch forums and therefore don't know what the considered norm is, so are just giving their opinions and suggestions as answers to a CW forum post.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kip wrote:We try our best to keep up with the sold items and make certain they are properly marked as sold, but.....

According to the Forum Sales Corner Rules, the seller is required to mark an item sold. Most do and most also put up OHPF. We do edit titles of those that we catch. Personally I assume that if an item is still listed and unmarked, it is still for sale.

Having seperate topics would require a lot of moving around of posts.
Kip, thanks for the straight answer. If the posts could only be moved manually when the item is sold then it's overkill and too much to expect you guys to do. I'm not an expert in the technical capabilities of the forum so having seen what was achieved with the FLE voting counts updates I wondered if the move could be achieved in a more automated way, hence the radio button question.

Thanks again.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote:

Neil

Maybe some folks don't read other much larger watch forums and therefore don't know what the considered norm is, so are just giving their opinions and suggestions as answers to a CW forum post.
No I appreciate that. It's just that on a number of occasions a few have asked that the deluge of CW watches listed on eBay are left out of "new/unread" posts, so it can just be viewed by those interested - no joy there, so I thought no chance of anything like the use of basic radio buttons. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Allysmith wrote:Folks,

Does anyone else share my small frustration that when visiting sales corner its difficult 'at a glance' to see what for sale and whats either sold or withdrawn
No.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

If people cannot remember/be bother to edit the title with SOLD what makes you think they will click a radio button?

I don't think this forum software has that facility anyway.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

No issues for me either.

Need though to thank the Moderators for their diligence as, on several occasions, I have put a 'sold and thanks' post to a For Sale thread but, because I was working via Tapatalk, I was not able to change the initial post / title.

Gone back later when logged in on my PC to change it, and found it has already been done by a good 'fairy modmother'. :wink: :thumbup:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

nbg wrote: No I appreciate that. It's just that on a number of occasions a few have asked that the deluge of CW watches listed on eBay are left out of "new/unread" posts, so it can just be viewed by those interested - no joy there, so I thought no chance of anything like the use of basic radio buttons. :)

Neil
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but perhaps the Sales Corner could be split.

Sales Corner

Christopher Ward Watches - Forum Members
Christopher Ward Watches - eBay
Other Brands
Feedback On Seller

With the same sub sections within each, if appropriate.

After the initial set up, no further work for mods, MiniMpi or PaulWB.

Just a thought
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

I have not read all replies, so this may have been addressed . . . .I like having them up there so I can do research on fair pricing for selling and buying.

Giggidy
kyoto
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by kyoto »

Allysmith wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm Folks,

Does anyone else share my small frustration that when visiting sales corner its difficult 'at a glance' to see what for sale and whats either sold or withdrawn

Would it be worth considering a request to have two sections?

One for items still for sale

One for items sold or withdrawn (Im not overly fussed on this one)

Just a thought
I agree and share your frustration.