Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
Allysmith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Withdrawing Sold items from the 'sales corner'

Post by Allysmith »

Folks,

Does anyone else share my small frustration that when visiting sales corner its difficult 'at a glance' to see what for sale and whats either sold or withdrawn

Would it be worth considering a request to have two sections?

One for items still for sale

One for items sold or withdrawn (Im not overly fussed on this one)

Just a thought
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Withdrawing Sold items from the 'sales corner'

Post by nbg »

I think that would cause unnecessary extra work for the mods.

All that needs to happen is for sellers to update the heading of their sales thread by adding the word SOLD, as per forum guidelines.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Winnie Bloo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Winnie Bloo »

As Neil has stated, the "for sale" should be replaced with sold or OHPF in the title .....
and of course the price should be left as a reference.
The Ultimate Postman has delivered his last package.

Dave :wave:
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

You can also do an advanced search and use OHPF or Sold as the search string for the Topic only
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

And most of the FOR SALE, FS, OR fs items usually get bumped up to the top by someone. :thumbup:
Graham
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Allysmith wrote:Folks,

Does anyone else share my small frustration that when visiting sales corner its difficult 'at a glance' to see what for sale and whats either sold or withdrawn

Just a thought
Doesn't look like those responding so far agree with you but I do. Last night I was looking through and it seemed to me that there were some items for sale still available on the 2nd page so either they've not been bumped or the advertiser hasn't updated the title. The section title is FOR SALE - those sold shouldn't be in the FOR SALE section once sold, traded or withdrawn?

The problem is how to achieve this without increasing the work of the mods. Maybe radio button(s) for the advertiser to tick when OHPF, sold etc and it moves to appropriate additional sections but retains the original information or just do this when sold, traded or withdrawn?
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Allysmith wrote:Folks,

Just a thought
Doesn't look like those responding so far agree with you but I do. Last night I was looking through and it seemed to me that there were some items for sale still available on the 2nd page so either they've not been bumped or the advertiser hasn't updated the title. The section title is FOR SALE - those sold shouldn't be in the FOR SALE section once sold, traded or withdrawn?

The problem is how to achieve this without increasing the work of the mods. Maybe radio button(s) for the advertiser to tick when OHPF, sold etc and it moves to appropriate additional sections but retains the original information or just do this when sold, traded or withdrawn?
+1
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^that would be better.....if it was feasible to manage, which it may not be.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

So some folks would like something different to what is considered good enough on much larger watch forums? :shock:

Neil
TZ-UK
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

How much are you browsing the For Sale section for it to be problem? Items SOLD drop down the list so a process of natural selection occurs. Simple.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We try our best to keep up with the sold items and make certain they are properly marked as sold, but.....

According to the Forum Sales Corner Rules, the seller is required to mark an item sold. Most do and most also put up OHPF. We do edit titles of those that we catch. Personally I assume that if an item is still listed and unmarked, it is still for sale.

Having seperate topics would require a lot of moving around of posts.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

While I appreciate the sentiment it would help if people didn't add a 'thanks for the facility' post after the item has sold as this bumps the thread above the unsold items.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

suicidal_orange wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment it would help if people didn't add a 'thanks for the facility' post after the item has sold as this bumps the thread above the unsold items.

Good point. I will for one try to remember to add it to the original post when editing. But then the buyers also add a comment of thanks to the thread in appreciation sometimes & then you have members that congratulate the seller for selling an item or congratulating the buyer for the pickup, or a newbie asking what OHPF means. Now its getting confusing. :lol:
Graham
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

footycrazy wrote:
suicidal_orange wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment it would help if people didn't add a 'thanks for the facility' post after the item has sold as this bumps the thread above the unsold items.
Good point. I will for one try to remember to add it to the original post when editing. But then the buyers also add a comment of thanks to the thread in appreciation sometimes & then you have members that congratulate the seller for selling an item or congratulating the buyer for the pickup, now its getting confusing. :lol:
Hmm... Could members be allowed to lock their own threads in just that section to prevent this? Buyer thanks could go in the feedback section (can edit on arrival if needed) and it clearly says at the top it's not an area for discussion so random congratulations shouldn't be allowed anyway.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Anyone who thinks that finding what is still for sale, based upon the very small number of items posted on SC, is too difficult is.......... [please complete as appropriate] :silent: :lol:

Oh and don't forget it's a watch forum not a watch sale platform. :)

Neil
TZ-UK