Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

'Like' button

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I have a suggestion to make that will potentially counter any possible speed-posting issues.

I use a car forum briskoda.net (for owners of briskly driven Skoda's; no jokes please) and one of the functions on there is the ability to 'like' a post.

This then gives a little tag that other users can see to show who has 'liked' a particular comment. This will then negate the need for a user to make a 'post' just to say thy appreciate a particular comment. Additionally, a record of users who have 'liked' one of your posts builds up in your User Control Panel.

PS> I believe the ability to 'like' a post is quite widespread amongst a variety of forum etc.

Comments? Is this feasible?
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Re: 'Like' button

Post by mabotham »

whatever next, the wheel?

yeah good idea.
Dan_B
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Dan_B »

WUS on Tapatalk has the 'like' feature, I think it's a good addition.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Deja vu!

I've just posted this on another near identical thread.

I wouldn't want the Forum to go down that road.

I would rather read a post than look at statistics.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

doesn't bother me either way...
but I have a feeling it is not a standard option in phpBB - so would need a mod to run it which Hans might not wish to do...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

I 'like' the idea (sorry :D). I was thinking about this just the other day, I don't see what harm it could really do.
Whether or it's possible I have no idea.....
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Macca

Post by Macca »

Total Mini has this feature too.. and some other watch forums.. its ok to be honest, I have even seen some labelled a thanks for posting button
Saffy
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Saffy »

My first few days on the forum could tarred as speed posting but only because I was excited about placing a pre-order on the C11 elite and wanted to moan about my c60 gmt. I was also home recovering from an operation so was bored stiff so spent time here. Cared not about the what was in the FS section. Had to look up what SP was and to what aim the purpose of doing it was.
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

I think if people are making genuine contributions, rather than raising threads from the dead or saying 'nice watch' to every other picture, then it's not such an issue how much you post?
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:I think if people are making genuine contributions, rather than raising threads from the dead or saying 'nice watch' to every other picture, then it's not such an issue how much you post?
This pretty much covers it. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Interesting debate and having made the suggestion I can understand the points of view both for and against.

Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 2
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by skimrok »

Kip wrote:
poppydoodlesdad wrote:I think if people are making genuine contributions, rather than raising threads from the dead or saying 'nice watch' to every other picture, then it's not such an issue how much you post?
This pretty much covers it. :D
I disagree if someone wants to re enter a older thread for genuine reasons,there should be no issue! remember most was all newbies and haven't seen some of these older threads "this is all brand new to them"

I seen it a few times on this board when a newbie re enter the thread for the 1st time some members turn there noses up on them , I ask myself who has issues the newbies or the people in question

anyway that's my 5p worth if it offends then it means you he!he!

You just been Skimroked (lol)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

I don't like the idea.
As for old threads resurrected, it is when the start of the thread is not read by the person years after the start date.
example, the C600 design thread. When someone posts years after the design was finalised, and production is finishing, and says I like design #4, there is very little point to it. Also if it is a new member who posts in several years old thread with one or two words, then there is some annoyance from forum members. :)

May be we should have a minimum word count per post. But we know what happens then.

filler, filler, filler... Leave it as it is. May be remove the minimum post count :thumbup:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:I don't like the idea.
As for old threads resurrected, it is when the start of the thread is not read by the person years after the start date.
example, the C600 design thread. When someone posts years after the design was finalised, and production is finishing, and says I like design #4, there is very little point to it. Also if it is a new member who posts in several years old thread with one or two words, then there is some annoyance from forum members. :)

May be we should have a minimum word count per post. But we know what happens then.

filler, filler, filler... Leave it as it is. May be remove the minimum post count :thumbup:
If we do ever make a change, it will likely be to raise the minimum post count. :silent:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

Exactly so
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson