Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Re: 'Like' button

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

rcherryuk wrote:
poppydoodlesdad wrote:I think if people are making genuine contributions, rather than raising threads from the dead or saying 'nice watch' to every other picture, then it's not such an issue how much you post?
Exactly so
Nice.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

skimrok wrote:anyway that's my 5p worth
crikey! 500% inflation :lol:
Macca

Post by Macca »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:I don't like the idea.
As for old threads resurrected, it is when the start of the thread is not read by the person years after the start date.
example, the C600 design thread. When someone posts years after the design was finalised, and production is finishing, and says I like design #4, there is very little point to it. Also if it is a new member who posts in several years old thread with one or two words, then there is some annoyance from forum members. :)

May be we should have a minimum word count per post. But we know what happens then.

filler, filler, filler... Leave it as it is. May be remove the minimum post count :thumbup:
Oops I may have offended in this manner not realising the age of the thread, strange what you fail to read when it is in front of your face sometimes! Sorry helix!

I do think a like button serves a purpose, it generally reduces one liner responses like 'nice watch' for example when you can just like it to acknowledge your interest... Can't stand filler even though it does take time to find your forum feet..can be daunting to deliver an opinion to a large group of unknown people who may shoot you down in flames... Pretty sure I got Mortised in my first week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Kip wrote:If we do ever make a change, it will likely be to raise the minimum post count. :silent:
Holy moly.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

The addition of a "Like" or "Thanks" button would be a more useful addition to the Forum than changing the ranking accorded to members for the number of posts made.
czech99
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by czech99 »

i actually dislike the "like" feature on wus. hate the notifications. wish there was a way to disable it