Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
holyk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Sale Section Visible for Newbs

Post by holyk »

Pat172 wrote:
quaman26 wrote:I am very close now to seeing the sales corner... excited !
You'll be disappointed :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I know I was. People don't like to part with their CWs from what I can see.
stairs

Post by stairs »

I don't have 30 things to say about watches before I get to look. Seams a big rubbish to me, surely if you are selling something you want as many people as possible to see it, not just people who have the time to sit and comment on random posts just to get the number up…. Sort of what I am doing right now I guess.

In theory, I can moan and complain for 28 more posts and I get let into something thats being hidden for special people.

All a bit silly. I'll just sell mine on ebay.

Rant over, I'm going for a beer in the sunshine.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

stairs wrote:I don't have 30 things to say about watches before I get to look. Seams a big rubbish to me, surely if you are selling something you want as many people as possible to see it, not just people who have the time to sit and comment on random posts just to get the number up…. Sort of what I am doing right now I guess.

In theory, I can moan and complain for 28 more posts and I get let into something thats being hidden for special people.

Well thank you for your valued input - now go and have your beer, Goodbye.
There's always time for one more.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

stairs wrote:

Good plan
Mikeyboy
Junior
Junior

Post by Mikeyboy »

stairs wrote:I don't have 30 things to say about watches before I get to look. Seams a big rubbish to me, surely if you are selling something you want as many people as possible to see it, not just people who have the time to sit and comment on random posts just to get the number up…. Sort of what I am doing right now I guess.

With the greatest respect, I think you are a little 'out of line'

I am new here too, but I understand and respect the reasons why the forum only allows access to the sales section to those with 30 posts or more. This is actually pretty common practice across forums, not just watch ones. I.e. Access to certain areas only after X posts.

At the end of day, like it or lump it!

Enjoy your beer!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

sproughton wrote:
stairs wrote:

Good plan
Good move indeed! Mind you that half price world timer on sales corner wasn't half tempting!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Valsmere
Junior
Junior

Post by Valsmere »

Well being new to this forum, yet I belong to a few others in different areas of interests I like the rules as they are. Reason? Rather simple, it cuts down on the b.s. One forum that comes to my mind that I am active on has a high amount of problems in regards to buyers and sellers. Heck one issue that is present on that particular forum is people joining up just to sell there stuff. Now true some are legit but others, you guessed it not so legit. Besides the way I see it, it gives me a chance to save up some extra dollars in anticipation of what I may find when I'm eligible. All good in my book.
raserion

Post by raserion »

I agree with this restriction, even though this is currently preventing me from accessing the sales corner (and hopefully getting my hands on a 43mm C60 Pro with bracelet!!). Someday I suppose!
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Could be worse...the hifi forum I use most needs 100 posts, or a cash donation to subscribe and jump the queue.

Sorts the wheat from the chaff in my experience.
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
kingwillis
Junior
Junior

Post by kingwillis »

i understand the need for the rule. not sure if it is possible to restrict selling, but allow buying?

because i just want to buy a CW and join the club!
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ If you join in it won't take you long to reach 30 meaningful posts.

Even if the requirement to view and buy from SC was only say 1 post, I don't think that would necessarily help, as most when deciding who to sell to will look at how long someone has been a member and their posting history.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

kingwillis wrote:i understand the need for the rule. not sure if it is possible to restrict selling, but allow buying?

because i just want to buy a CW and join the club!
Trust is a 2 way street.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

nbg wrote:^^^ If you join in it won't take you long to reach 30 meaningful posts.

Neil

I'm still working on 30 meaningful posts :lol:
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

The hysteria for the sales corner is humorous to watch, especially when access is actually granted and disappointment kicks in :lol: .

There is great stuff that pops up and it is a great tool to see what items have sold for, but at any any given time there's only about 5-6 watches listed. Then disappointment kicks in even further when you realize 80% of those 5-6 listings are out of the country and only offered to domestic buyers.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

srs1286 wrote:The hysteria for the sales corner is humorous to watch, especially when access is actually granted and disappointment kicks in :lol: .

There is great stuff that pops up and it is a great tool to see what items have sold for, but at any any given time there's only about 5-6 watches listed. Then disappointment kicks in even further when you realize 80% of those 5-6 listings are out of the country and only offered to domestic buyers.
That is true for the regular Sales Corner. Wait until you've been on here for over a year and have over 1,000 posts and get access to the Special Super Secret Sales Corner ;) :thumbup: