Sold out
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: LE clasp material

Post by Hans »

Sure, a IPK-clasp will look o.k. on the LE, but my problem is that we arranged 100 LE's and they should be identical! At least CW should have communicated it with me that they were planning on using different clasps!
Nico
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Nico »

Hans wrote:Sure, a IPK-clasp will look o.k. on the LE, but my problem is that we arranged 100 LE's and they should be identical! At least CW should have communicated it with me that they were planning on using different clasps!
100 % my oppinion.

I don't complain about this point and I am not disappointed, but we should talk about.

Nico
Nico
Guru
Guru

Post by Nico »

Some news:

As expected, Chris wrote me a mail with the offer to send me a replacement clasp. I am very happy with this solution and my third CW watch.

Good job, Chris

Nico
stoneyloon
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by stoneyloon »

I got the black clasp with mine too, and I think it suits the watch ans strap fine.
I still haven't heard back from Chris about my steel strap though! I emailed him about it last Tuesday!

With regards to there being 100 LE's that should all be identical, surely just by having a choice of 4 straps initially, that ensures that there will be a variety??????
Cheers,
Adam.

Caught the bug........
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by hantsman »

Im guessing the rubber strap took off in a big way and he simply ran out, so he sent what he had in stock! Also we all know on here that we could mail him for a postive outcome! 8)
Nico
Guru
Guru

Post by Nico »

Some news:

Today, the deployment strap arrived. A complete strap with steel clasp, for FREE!

Chris, you are great! :D

Nico
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by David James Payne »

Great news Nico - and now the job of fitting it!!

David
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP
Nico
Guru
Guru

Post by Nico »

David James Payne wrote:Great news Nico - and now the job of fitting it!!

David
It took me only 1 minute! I had only to change the clasp. The strap has been fitted for the black clasp last year.

Nico
David James Payne
Senior
Senior

Ah that simple! I had forgotten that you already had a rubber strap fitted. :lol:

I had intended to fit a replacement blue Hirsh strap, which fitted the contours of the watch body - http://www.hirschag.com/23.1.html?model ... 5&pos=-350 - so I removed the existing rubber strap and tried to fit the new strap which I had purchased in anticipation!! It was a definite no go :shock:

Even took the watch and strap to my local watch shop where I had bought the new strap - they couldn't fit it either (so it wasn't me :) ) :( . Luckily they were good enough to give me a complete refund for the Hirsch strap. :D

Then I had to refit the rubber strap, and what a bug...r that was. :?

It took over 1/2hr of cursing and swearing (I will never get to heaven now :( ) before I finally fitted it - not a job that I would wish to repeat too often. Not too sure how many others have had problems with fitting straps, but I seem to recall other postings on the site expressing surprise at how difficult it was to fit straps. :o

Anyway I will be speaking to Chris to see whether he can recomend any replacement (waterproof) straps, or explain why it is so difficult to fit the Hirsch style strap, because a blue strap, to complement the blue of the LE dial would, IMO set the watch off better.

David

DJP
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:(
Nico
Guru
Guru

Post by Nico »

You are right, guys. Assembling the rubber strap to the LE case is very difficult!

First time fitting the strap, it took me about 30 minutes. :D

The problems are:

- the rubber strap is very thick. You have only a few place to use a "strap-changing"-tool! Solution: You have to push the pins from the top of the watch and jog them into the pin-holes of the case. Very difficult! Normally you can use the tool and press the pin-ends. It is not possible with the LE.

- the pin-hole in the strap has another axis than the pin-holes in the case. Even if the strap is located directly to the case, the pin cannot fit in the pin-holes of the case! Solution: You have to bow the pin a little bit.

Nico
David James Payne
Senior
Senior

Yes Nico, you are absolutely right re your last point re the axis of the spring bar hole in the strap, relative to the watch case lugs - this is why the Hirsch strap wouldn't fit. Because of its construction the Hirsch strap has a plastic insert at the point where the strap meets the watch body, and the spring bar hole goes through this plastic insert. This means that there is no give in the strap end so does not allow any manouvering to try and align the spring bar with the holes in the watch lugs - so very frustrating and limiting in relation to trying different straps. :( . At least the CW rubber strap has some give which eventually allows mating to take place :lol:.

David

DJP
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Now perhaps we know why some LE's didn't have the straps on? The assembly elfs gave up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7

Post by Hans »

I was thinking the same Joe :D
Rudie

Post by Rudie »

Yeah, they send me some extra springbars, that does not help even, it has to be something in the design of the clasp. :( So bending the springbar a bit would help?
For me the T3 IPK metal clasp is a real no no, my wife dislikes the shining of it. So the silicon strap is a must. A good advice would really help me out and start wearing the watch. :)