A limited Edition Kingfisher especially for forum-members
Sold out
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Was just at a jeweler

Post by joerattz »

and was wearing my forum LE. When the sales guy first glanced at it, he asked if it was an Omega. I told him no, it was from a watchmaker in London. While I was looking in the watch display case at some B&Ms, he ran off to get the store manager. The manager came back to look at my watch. He mentioned he had never seen anything like it and went to get me a drink. When he came back with my drink, he gave me the tour and personally helped me look at watches. I think my forum LE got me special treatment...I really do. This was at a store that caries Tag, Omega, Rolex, B&M, Tissot, and I can't recall what else.

At another jewelry store, the sales lady commented about it too. She said she had never seen anything like it. I told her that it was a limited edition and only 100 were made. Later I realized there have probably been less than that made at the present time. I don't think I have ever gotten multiple comments on the same day for any watch before. But this one...it's different.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Gray C
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Was just at a jeweler

Post by Gray C »

TBH I was not sure I would like the blue dial before I got it (it was not my first choice), but ordered it anyway as it was a LE. I thought it would look a bit too similar to my Seamaster. However, having had it for a week or so I really love it and especially the two tone effect it has in the light. I am really glad blue won the vote now. :D
Christopher Ward Kingfisher LE 31/100
Omega Bond Seamaster LE 655/10007
Omega QoS Planet Ocean LE 1829/5007
Basho
CW-watches: 0

Post by Basho »

Nice story! I have had lots of questions and looks from friends. I am hoping to make enough money off the review I am writing to actually pay for the watch :)
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Yep, it's an eye-catcher! Yesterday, I received positive comments from 2 colleagues.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:(
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Basho wrote:I am hoping to make enough money off the review I am writing to actually pay for the watch :)
How do you make money from a review? By advertizing clicks on your site?
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

Hans wrote:Yep, it's an eye-catcher! Yesterday, I received positive comments from 2 colleagues.
A few days ago, I got a very positive comment of a colleague too. He hadn't seen my watch, but he had received his own (I think he got number three).

I haven't taken the C6 to a jeweler or watchmaker yet, but I did take both my C5's to a qualified watchmaker. He was stumped - not only was his estimate well over 1000 euros (after opening it up and looking at its bowels), but he was also quite smitten by the design.
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
ukzaf
CW-watches: 0

Post by ukzaf »

Hi Guys,

I went to a local jeweller to have my LE bracelet re-sized. When handed the watch, the manager said"WOW. I have heard about CW watches but never actually seen one before." I couldn't resist showing him my Malvern. After sizing the bracelet he told me that the LE was a very nice watch. I happen to agree.