Sold out
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: New pictures of the Kingfisher Limited Edition

Post by joerattz »

peterh wrote:
joerattz wrote:Hans, just to confirm because I think it looks cool in the picture, the square around the date aperture will be lumed?
I think that we can now safely assume that Joe's mind has gone off the deep end. ;)
Well its lumed in the photo! Yes, you are correct though. I have gone ga-ga for loom, but since it was because of the Seiko sawtooth and you are a Seiko fan, I would expect you to appreciate that part. Now if the Forum LE only had the yellow dial! :D
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

While I appreciate the fact that Seiko is the biggest manufacture in the world, and while I think that they are also the best in terms of sheer value for money as well as in all-stops-pulled technical capability, I'm not a fan of da big boob-like blobs of lume...* I like my lume sparsely and intelligently applied in all the right places. ;)

To my taste, some of these watches look like someone dropped a can of paint over the dial.

But. I'm pretty sure that, if you buy a Kingfisher C6SYSI for an additional 135 quid (which would lead to a grand total of UKL 385 max, a competent watchmaker could swap the dials for you, and then you'd have a yellow-dialed Kingfisher with a rhodium-finished ETA movement, and a wannabe-automatic quartz watch with a blue dial, which would be a VERY limited edition. And since there's no display back, only you, I and your watchmaker would know that it's NOT a regular LE. ;)

And all this for less than the price of ONE Marcello C with da big light-emitting boobies and da cyclops (brrr). Is that a good deal or what?

The only thing is that your LE dial would no longer say "Limited Edition" and "Automatic" on the dial, but if you've got trouble reading dates in date windows without a cyclops, you'll never notice the different printing anyway. ;) ;) ;)

*Come to think of it, I am also not a fan of big boobs - I rather prefer the petite tetons. Maybe there's a pattern here. 8)
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

peterh wrote:*Come to think of it, I am also not a fan of big boobs - I rather prefer the petite tetons. Maybe there's a pattern here. 8)
I don't know. I distinctly remember you talking about base camp and the only 'base camp' I hear of referred like that is the one at the base of Mt. Everest. I tend to think you must like one giant one slap dab in the middle.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
dant100
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by dant100 »

Any chance the pictures at the top of this board can be reposted please. They will not show up any more and I am quite interested.

Thanks. :D
So many watches, so little time (and money!!!).
dant100
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by dant100 »

Dint worry, it was my browser playing up.
So many watches, so little time (and money!!!).
thewatcher

New pictures of the Kingfisher Limited Edition

Post by thewatcher »

just one question why does it say limited edition x 1000 on the back should it not be 100? 8)