LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Forum LE

Post by Kip »

baz003h wrote:hi i received my watch today
So what do you think? Which date wheel did you get?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:)
dant100
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by dant100 »

Evening Gents/Ladies,
I got mine yesterday, after much trouble with DHL not being able to find my house! I think others who are still waiting could be having trouble with them. The LE is my third CW watch and all of them have been delivered by DHL and not one of them has been an easy delivery. Each time I have had days of phone calls to track the parcels down after the tracking was not updated online. I live a mile away from the depot and it still takes them days. They are dire and I think CW should find an alternative company. I know they use Royal Mail as well but some people prefer to use a courier service.

Anyway onto the watch. Once again photos do not do it justice, stunning! I have a white date wheel, which I must admit came as a surprise when I opened the box. I noticed it almost immediately. I agree that CW should let people know about this. I am sure they're very busy but I would have liked to have been told about it and having waited so long anyway would have been glad to wait for more black date wheels to come into stock. I think I prefer it with the black. It was one of the main things I liked about it when it was first designed. I think it goes well with the black on the indices and hands. If Chris does accept them back in the future to be changed, I think I might take him up on it. I can see how others would like it though as it doesn't look bad and goes alright with the white second hand.

I wore it to work today and got 3 or 4 comments about it, all positive of course. It's so shiny that people cant help noticing it. I love the blue face, it looks totally different under different types of light. I will try and take some photos and wrist shots at the weekend. I know there are already loads on here but you can never have enough!
So many watches, so little time (and money!!!).
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I'm not a big fan of surprises, especially after waiting so long for the second batch. It seems like a quick post by CW on this forum regarding the white date wheel would have done the trick. Still waiting for mine.
EcosseOz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by EcosseOz »

Daz wrote:
EcosseOz wrote:but sadly I'm in the Carribean just now diving so will not get a chance to see it for a couple more months (Its arrived earlier than I expected).
Diving in the Carribean for two months, how sad is that, happily I'll be working in a chemical factory for the next two months. I'll never complain again. :)
Sorry mate, on re-reading my post its clear I could have used my words better. I meant to say I sadly wouldn't see the LE for a couple of months.
The CW Collection: Now well used C6IPSI (#2)
C4IP4 (#1331)
C6 Forum LE (#64) -Sold to Tikkathree
C6SWS (#761)
Non-CW: A Breitling, 3x Omega, 1xMido, that now (13y) more ancient Raymond Weil and a Dead Seiko I can't part with (32yrs+)
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:)
cushie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5
LE-one: yes

Post by cushie »

After 6 calls to customer services and 1 to the chris ward number i was eventually told yesterday my LE had only been sent yesterday 19/06/2008.
It turned up today and have gotta say first impressions looked promising until i opened the outer box, heres some pics and see what you think.
I have rung customer services and i have got to put a letter together and send it back and will be putting that i would like the white date wheel changed for the black one, oh and yes the plating is worn through on the strap before i even got to wear it. :(
P.S. Apologies for the quality of the pics but they were taken quickly as i wanted to get the watch on its way back to CW.
Now kip i do need that rubber room for my frustrations.
Everybody knows nobody is perfect and i am a nobody so i must be perfect.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:fluch:
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by Rick »

I,m with Daz on this one Cushie.
Totally unacceptable!!!!
They do seem to be losing the plot over at CWL.The outer box may have got beaten up in transit but the as for the marks on the bracelet?????? What has happened to the quality control?
It's a real shame as everyone is really excited about their new LEs and the reason we all like CW seems to be disappearing.
Looks to me like CWL is growing to fast for Chris to cope with.
Whats the point of an ever expanding range if they can't cope with the volume they have now.
I'd like to say it's a one off but judging from a view posts i've read recently it appears not to be the case.
I for one am very disappointed and a bit sad to be honest.
Come on Chris,help me keep the faith :(
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
cushie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by cushie »

Hi guys, the original brown outer box is totally unmarked which suggests it has been packed in a damaged CW outer box and presentation box and the mark at 10/11 is just a reflection of a lampshade on the ceiling.
I really have no idea how they could have even thought of sending this out to a customer in this condition and i suppose i am lucky that i live in the UK as it would make an owner from another country even more frustrated than i am now.
I think its time CW looks at his core principles and steps back to decide which way to go, impressive goods with happy customers or shoddy crap that will end up in the bargain bin on Ebay.
I for one have seriously had my confidence in CW knocked and would have to think long and hard before i purchase another watch from him or take my chances elsewhere. :(
Everybody knows nobody is perfect and i am a nobody so i must be perfect.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Rubber room granted cushie. No reservation required.

I can look past the transit damage also, but how does one explain the damage to the watch. This is totally unacceptable. I would hope in your letter that you would, along with your own dismay, relay the problems that others are having. Perhaps if all who have had problems would write to Chris, it would make him see that this quality control problem is growing and not shrinking. Chris is a smart man, and I'm sure he will accept the information in the spirit with which it is intended.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

There is something not quite right with the organisation, within the company that allows substandard goods and packaging to go out. I know that CW have had a large amount of work this month but that is no excuse.

I have never had a problem at all with my purchases and they have been delivered in a working week of ordering, so I guess that I am lucky.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
CFK-OB
Senior
Senior

Post by CFK-OB »

I received my LE yesterday, finally... Thoughts...

1. There is a slight mark on the rubber strap from when it was attached to the watch. It's not really noticeable so I'm okay with it.
2. There is a piece of dust under the crystal just below the 11. Only noticeable depending on how the light hits. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if it bothers me enough to get it fixed.
3. As many people have commented, the lume is only ok.
4. I have an IWC Aquatimer Chrono with a rubber strap. Th rubber strap on the CW is very very close to the quality of the IWC strap. The clasp on the CW however, is a real let down. It's very cheap. Not really a problem as you dont see it when you are wearing it, but everytime you take it off it stands out.
5. The bezel doesn't quite line up, but again, this doesn't bother me I have much more expensive watches where this is also the case.
6. The watch overall feels like a tank. Very solid, and I would be happy to wear it in the toughest conditions. You just feel that it will go on and on no matter what. In fact, I'd say it feels like one of the toughest watches I own.
7. The sapphire crystal is a slightly odd shape which means that you can't see the face from steep angles. This doesn't happen on, say, my Omega Seamaster.
8. The blue of the face is lighter than I expected. Very metallic looking and absolutely spectacular.
9. The markers on the face in general are excellent. There is one where the paint has bled slightly. The hands are different though. Where the lume on the markers looks perfectly painted, the paint on the hands looks like they are missing a coat. I makes it look like paper which is odd. However, the lume is actually much stronger on the hands than the markers.
10. I have the white date like all of the second run LEs. I like it and since I bought the LE to get the auto movement, this doesn't bother me at all.
11. There is no divers extension on the rubber strap. This is absolutely unforgiveable on a watch that is meant to be a professional divers watch.

Despite some of th above points, overall I really really like the watch. I think it's very interesting and I love the design - it's just gorgeous. The quality isn't as high as it could be, but it is definitely more than worth the money paid for it. I will be happy to wear it and keep it in my collection, amongst much more expensive watches.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

This is just distressing to see what is happening to a brand many of us loved so much.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20