C8 Regulator

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
time_lizard
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

C8 Regulator

Post by time_lizard »

After nine months of patient waiting and almost loss of all hope, I finally got it: my C8 Regulator!
Not as expected here in the Forum, but by pure chance on the ever more sporadic searches on eBay UK - but there it was.
I bought it within minutes. It seems to be one of the last specimens of 2016 and even comes with a letter to the previous owner addressed and signed by Chr. Ward himself.
Of course I am extremely happy and want to share my new rare and wonderful watch with the forum.

In the photos I paired it with my other new favourite, a Steinhart Marine Chronometer (aeronautical and marine watch together) that I had sandblasted and then PVD-blackend what brings out the white dial much better and gives the original boring watch a complete new elegance.
Both watches share the same movement but are very different individuals.

I particularly like the brownish lume of the Regulator that surprisingly changes to green at night with the tiny numbers of the subdials coming into prominence on the night dial. To match with the brown appearance I chose a brown strap - but maybe there are better choices?
Any suggestions or pictures?
C8 regulator_1.jpg
C8 Regulator
C8 regulator Steinhart Marine Chrono_1.jpg
C8 Regulator with Steinhart Marine Chronometer
C8_regulator_2.jpg
C8 Regulator
C8_regulator_3.jpg
C8 Regulator
C8_regulator_night.jpg
C8 Regulator radiant
These users thanked the author time_lizard for the post:
rc51owner
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: C8 Regulator

Post by Tortoise »

^^ Congratulations on the pick-up! I remember when you first posted that you were looking for a CW Regulator and I can't say I've seen one come up in all that time. Looks like it's in great condition too. I think that the colour and texture of the strap suit it well but find that the orange stitching is a little distracting to my eyes.
Interesting approach with the Steinhart - not sure I could do this.. I really like the strap on this though. Do you mind sharing where it is from please?
regards
Ian
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

Tortoise wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:38 am Do you mind sharing where it is from please?
Not at all. It is a Khaki Canvas & Leather watchstrap from "watchstraps-uk", a shop on eBay.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations on picking up one of these :clap:
They are a really lovely looking watch.
Maybe a CW brown or camel vintage oak strap to pair with it ?
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Two fine, fine watches there. You went some length with the Steinhart, what with the work you had done to the case. I think both straps work very well indeed with their respective watches. I can see why you'd be worried about the safe keeping of your watches, you put a lot of time and effort in to the collecting.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Congratulations that is a real stunner 😍
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

Thanks all for your positive feedback :D
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

I finally have a proper strap made for my Regulator.
Again from FinWatchStraps handmade in Finland, this time a Suede Vintage Leather in a matching colour (Stone Monaux), the stitching thread colour matching the vintage lume, and a matte stainless steel buckle echoing the case material.
And indeed, I followed MiniMpi's advice in terms of brown vintage leather. It is just perfect!

vintage_strap_cafe3.jpg
C8 Regulator with Finwatchstraps brown suede leather
vintage_strap_cafe6.jpg
matching stitching and buckle
vintage_strap_cafe1.jpg
Suede Vintage Leather strap on wrist
vintage_strap_cafe2.jpg
Buckle on wrist
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That looks pretty cool.

Top notch.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Muy bueno! Enjoy it after the long long wait!
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Many a Watch God are draining their ale filled gourds in salute to you fine a** pick up..they give it 2 spears up!!..(the Steiny is pretty cool, as well)..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Well, Ralph, that is an absolutely perfect match in terms of colour of the leather and stitch. That said, I do like the original brown leather with the orange stitch; I like the leather shade and the added orange stitch makes the dial pop that bit more imho. Either way you're sorted for straps.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Clandeboye

Post by Clandeboye »

Nice pairing with that Steinhart Marine Chronometer! I have two lovely Steinharts (in addition to my CW watches) - an Ocean One 39 mm with the green ceramic bezel, and a 42 mm Ocean One Classic GMT with the blue/black (batman) ceramic bezel, both with 300 meters of water resistance. I have thought seriously about a Marine Chronometer to add to the collection, but ironically enough those are only waterproof to 5 atmospheres (no swimming or shower). This disqualifies that watch from coming onboard my sailboat, kayaks or freight canoe, since it fails the "form follows function" test. At least you could wear a C8 Regulator while flying!