C65 Super Compressor: Overdue for a wrist shot.

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
NeverStark
CW-watches: 1

C65 Super Compressor: Overdue for a wrist shot.

Post by NeverStark »

I generally don't like taking wrist shots for a number of reasons. It's awkward, the necessary wide-angle lens distorts perspectives (usually making a watch look bigger on the wrist than it actually is), and I'd never be mistaken for a wrist model.

But I get the usefulness, so here we go. I have small wrists (6.75" ~ 171mm) and the C65 Super Compressor is one of the most comfortable watches I've worn. In my opinion, it's a great match for size. Obviously I have this on a leather strap for the picture, but the bracelet is comfortable after dialing it in. I had three links removed, and I keep the quick adjust pretty much wide open to strike the delicate balance I want. (I don't like a watch sliding around on my wrist much, but I still want my skin to have a little room to breathe.)

DSC07515-1.jpg

I remain smitten over the look of this watch. I love how easy it is to read at a glance, the way it catches light (phrased without thinking about the name of the case style), and the pops of orange that are both fashionable and utilitarian. This watch, along with a Stowa Marine Auto, are the jewels of my modest collection.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 Super Compressor: Overdue for a wrist shot.

Post by strapline »

Lovely photo, that, and it does go on to prove how deceptive photos are. Your wrist and hand look bigger than you say. I wouldn't say your wrist size is small - more the small side of medium, if that makes sense. I only have a 7" wrist, and tend to think of that as medium for a guy. I tend to think that wrists over 7.75"' are large - I wonder what others think. Like many on this forum, I think that the Super Compressor was CW's nicest offering of last year.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I think you are spot on. I'm 7.5 and I would classify mine as the top side of medium. If not the low end of large. Your SC looks great! Another great strap choice too.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
NeverStark

Post by NeverStark »

Thank you, both! I look down at my wrists and I feel like I'm looking at toothpicks - but glad to hear that's sort of in my head. Regardless, I'm always thrilled when a watch feels like a great fit.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

The SCs tighter lug to lug measurement helps here (47.7mm). That is the best measurement to look at for fit. Also remember that wrists aren't round. They are more oval. Try measuring just the flat part of your wrist and compare that to a lug to lug measurement.

This is why the cushion case Seikos (like the Willard - SPB151) fit so well for big watches. The case on the Willard is 42.7 but the lug to lug is 46.6.

Examples:

The Bulova Lunar Pilot has a lug to lug of 52mm case width of 45mm. This is pushing the top for me. I don't think I could pull off anything much bigger. It helps that it is a chrono too.
20201029_150452536_iOS (2).jpg

Steinhart Ocean one has a lug to lug of 49mm and a case width of 42mm.
20210115_151048760_iOS (2).jpg

C60 Ombre LE lug to lug of 49.3mm with a case width of 42mm.
20210120_195434609_iOS (2).jpg

And then the SC with a lug to lug of 47.12mm and a case size of 41mm.
20210205_153301497_iOS (2).jpg
You wouldn't think 1 mm makes much of a differences but with watches it really does.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
NeverStark

Post by NeverStark »

Great examples, rkovars - thanks for the measurements. I'd been considering a Steinhart Ocean One before the Super Compressor grabbed my attention - but I read that the lugs make them wear even larger, which I didn't want, even from the 39mm. Your 42mm looks great on your wrist, though.
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

Pleased with mine, although had to swop from strap to bracelet for best comfort
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph