C1 Moonglow just arrived!

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
Mabeco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

C1 Moonglow just arrived!

Post by Mabeco »

My first pictures with the C1 Moonglow. Not in love with the black leather bracelet.

I’ll probably change for a grey or cognac strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow, Junghans, Seiko, Vostok, Swatch, Reporter, Certina...
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C1 Moonglow just arrived!

Post by jkbarnes »

LUME SHOT! LUME SHOT! LUME SHOT!

Beautiful watch! Enjoy it.
Drew
NeverStark

Post by NeverStark »

Beautiful, congratulations! I second the lume shot!
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I can’t put my finger on it, but something just keeps stopping me from crossing the line with the Moonglow. Anyway, congratulations on your purchase.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

Richard D wrote:I can’t put my finger on it, but something just keeps stopping me from crossing the line with the Moonglow. Anyway, congratulations on your purchase.
It's a big Puck let's say. It's much sportier than I thought. It's not formal due to the height (although today there are no rules, it feels very casual).
I almost sent it back the first day due to the size.

Once I have interiorized it is a casual watch, it fell into place and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow, Junghans, Seiko, Vostok, Swatch, Reporter, Certina...
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

NeverStark wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:18 pm Beautiful, congratulations! I second the lume shot!
jkbarnes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm LUME SHOT! LUME SHOT! LUME SHOT!

I'm not sure how to do a lume shot, I've tried a few times without success :(
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:29 am
NeverStark wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:18 pm Beautiful, congratulations! I second the lume shot!

I achieve mine with a UV torch. Might be cheating, but it works wonders! I got the idea from several other forumites here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X1H5TJQ/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Otherwise, bright sunlight works. You can try a regular flashlight or lamp, but it might take several minutes and might not get very bright.

2724047C-EF05-417C-AC15-7838F02B2C9F.jpeg
Lume shot using UV torch
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:36 pm
Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:29 am

I achieve mine with a UV torch. Might be cheating, but it works wonders! I got the idea from several other forumites here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X1H5TJQ/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Otherwise, bright sunlight works. You can try a regular flashlight or lamp, but it might take several minutes and might not get very bright.

2724047C-EF05-417C-AC15-7838F02B2C9F.jpeg
Going a bit off-topic here but, @ajax87 how happy are you with the clasp?
Mine, if I don't pressure it hard it opens at a simple touch, I'm thinking it is defective.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm Going a bit off-topic here but, @ajax87 how happy are you with the clasp?
Mine, if I don't pressure it hard it opens at a simple touch, I'm thinking it is defective.
I love it. Make sure to tuck the strap edges in the wings and make sure the peg is pressed firmly through the hole. It took a little manipulation but I wear mine pretty tight and it stays secure.

Here’s a recent thread with a bit of info on it:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=56297
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:57 pm
Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm Going a bit off-topic here but, @ajax87 how happy are you with the clasp?
I love it. Make sure to tuck the strap edges in the wings and make sure the peg is pressed firmly through the hole. It took a little manipulation but I wear mine pretty tight and it stays secure.

Thank you @ajax87.
I think one of the locking springs is too stiff/loose and does not clicks without force. I'll take out the screw driver.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations on your new arrival! Good insight in to the watch height and that it is more sporty than dress watch in style.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I've wanted one of these for a while now. This isn't helping. :lol:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank you @ajax87.
I think one of the locking springs is too stiff/loose and does not clicks without force. I'll take out the screw driver.
Good luck with that :shock:

I’ve made some “adjustments” like this to clasps before and haven’t broken anything yet, fortunately.

You can always shoot CW an email and see if they’ll send you a new clasp. Never hurts to ask!
Alex
Mabeco
Senior
Senior

Post by Mabeco »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm
Mabeco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank you @ajax87.
Good luck with that :shock:

I’ve made some “adjustments” like this to clasps before and haven’t broken anything yet, fortunately.

You can always shoot CW an email and see if they’ll send you a new clasp. Never hurts to ask!
I’ll try CW first as the watch has 3 days on my wrist ... should something easy to fix.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

ajax87 wrote: Make sure to tuck the strap edges in the wings and make sure the peg is pressed firmly through the hole. It took a little manipulation but I wear mine pretty tight and it stays secure.
This ^^^
And also just press down after doing the above and you'll hear it click home.

Congratulations on getting the Moonglow.
A stunning watch.