C65 Trident Diver Blue Bronze #0000 (Prototype)

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

C65 Trident Diver Blue Bronze #0000 (Prototype)

Post by JasperCat »

I was very fortunate to obtain this via some forum and CWE members and originally from the January 2021 sale :thumbup:

It's a one off prototype C65 Trident Diver hand wound in a bronze case and with a blue face. It has a similar appearance to the C65 SH21 bronze limited editions, but of course doesn't have the SH21 or small seconds sub dial.

I received it originally on a distressed leather strap, which suits it but as it's prone to wearing out very fast, it's being stored prior to attempting to treat/condition for longer life. In the meantime, I picked up a blue hybrid with bronze buckle from Ebay and this suits it perfectly. I'm also considering a blue canvas webbing, which I think may be another perfect strap for it.

To say I adore it would be an understatement, as even though I now have three of these C65 Trident Divers (including Black Gold and 316L LE), this one just looks and feels so very special :D

C65_Blue_Bronze_Blue_Hybrid_on_Wrist_1.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Blue_Hybrid_Side_2.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Distressed_Leather_on_Wrist_1.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Distressed_Leather_Side_1.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Distressed_Leather_FaceOn.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Distressed_Leather_Face_UpHeld.jpg
C65_Blue_Bronze_Blue_Hybrid_Side_1.jpg
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C65 Trident Diver Blue Bronze #0000 (Prototype)

Post by ajax87 »

This is beautiful, and an absolute shame it didn’t make it to production. Same with the C60 bronze with blue dial and bezel prototype that was in the sale. Great pickup! I agree, looks amazing on the blue hybrid.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Congrats! You've had a very productive run of incomings this January sale....well played !

I'm curious if it's bronze on the case or the same colour/material as the C65 Black Gold (aka copper) ?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
robdoe1993
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 28

Post by robdoe1993 »

Truly lovely! Had been fortunate enough to pick up a C60 MkII bronze and C65 Black Gold LE in the sale, however this represents a fab amalgamation of the two! Very well done 👍
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Viognier wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:54 pm Congrats! You've had a very productive run of incomings this January sale....well played !

I'm curious if it's bronze on the case or the same colour/material as the C65 Black Gold (aka copper) ?
Thanks to all... yes, I'm very happy with this watch (and all the others) and it complements the C65 Black Gold LE I have nicely, which I see as more of a formal wear watch.

The case is fully bronze with just a stainless steel case back (see photo) and is starting to develop a light patina already... I'm guessing it's been used and mulled over at CW for its intended purpose of deciding whether to go into production or not :thumbup:

C65_Blue_Bronze_Blue_Hybrid_Rear.jpg
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

A camel strap will go great with that. The C65 trident vintage was on a camel leather option, and it's a great match.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

JAFO wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:04 pm A camel strap will go great with that. The C65 trident vintage was on a camel leather option, and it's a great match.
I'm about to order a blue canvas webbing, as I have the brown canvas and it works well with my Cranwell (and C65 SC surprisingly). Hadn't considered the camel but I think you're right, it should work well... I did used to have one but sold it on, so might have to order another, thank you :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

It's a really fantastic looking watch mate, Congratulations again on getting it.
You have three amazing C65's now !
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That is a great looking C65 and I like it on the blue hybrid.

As an owner of an Ombre on the distressed strap, you are right that strap will wear very quickly :problem:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way