Deep Blue C65 Super Compressor #698

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Deep Blue C65 Super Compressor #698

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Ferg, that is one of the best watch and shirt combinations I think I have ever seen. Superb, mate! :clap:
Sadly it was a coincidence !
A present from Louise's Mother as she knows I love a nice shirt :)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:50 pm Here it is on the camel vintage oak strap, even under harsh kitchen lighting it looks fantastic.Image
Congratulations Ferg! Looks brilliant on the Camel strap and pretty sharp on the bracelet. Nice Christmas present and way to sign off on 2020!!

Perhaps a January SOTC post might be warranted? Each watch pictured with a different, and perfectly paired shirt please!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 am Here is the photo of the prototype, I believe it was essentially a final prototype so was the same as how it entered production.
Sadly the blue Tiber strap on it did not make production. It has a different finish had orange stitching, this was a big Shane in my opinion.
Also in the photo you can see the C65 Chronograph prototype.
That is very interesting. A black version of the chrono might look pretty good.

I like the look of that blue band as well. Interestingly, I put this in my basket this morning :lol: I took a flier that it is a little darker in the flesh (other straps I have purchased from C&B have been a tad darker than the photos).
sp-220-22-01.jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Finally resized the bracelet and fitted it on Saturday morning.
Quick photos but I think it looks fantastic on the bracelet I must say.
IMG_20201212_120903.jpg
IMG_20201212_120908.jpg
IMG_20201212_120913.jpg
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:41 am Finally resized the bracelet and fitted it on Saturday morning.
Quick photos but I think it looks fantastic on the bracelet I must say.
The C65 bracelet is a class act, as we know. :D

I have to say, that shirt pales into insignificance beside the one you wore the other day. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:42 am The C65 bracelet is a class act, as we know. :D

I have to say, that shirt pales into insignificance beside the one you wore the other day. 8)
Thanks Steve :thumbup:
Actually as we are discussing the bracelet, I don't find the quick release system that easy to use !
It's a great thing, much easier to put on a bracelet than before but I think that just may be me :lol:
Taking the bracelet off is totally simple though.

It's a fantastic shirt, this green one and a purple version too but yes the shirt I wore the other day is really cool.
Actually I've sent off for another shirt, this time a Guide of London shirt. Not as mad but still a bit out there...:)
Amor Vincit Omnia

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 pm Actually as we are discussing the bracelet, I don't find the quick release system that easy to use !
It's a great thing, much easier to put on a bracelet than before but I think that just may be me :lol:
There is definitely a knack to it. You have to work out how to hold the watch so that you can slide the bracelet between the lugs. It does get easier after a few goes.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 pm
MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 pm Actually as we are discussing the bracelet, I don't find the quick release system that easy to use !
There is definitely a knack to it. You have to work out how to hold the watch so that you can slide the bracelet between the lugs. It does get easier after a few goes.
I agree on both counts - the quick release is certainly a huge improvement but still not easy. I’m still trying to nail down the “knack.”

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 pm ...It's a fantastic shirt, this green one and a purple version too but yes the shirt I wore the other day is really cool.

Actually I've sent off for another shirt, this time a Guide of London shirt. Not as mad but still a bit out there...:)
Your shirts might call for their own thread...Ferg’s Shirt of the Day. :lol:

Back to the watch on the bracelet, this is just another example of a CW strap monster! This watch, in its various color ways (colorways?), has looked great on everything.
Drew
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

A real class act, Ferg - watch, shirt and photos!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:09 pm
Your shirts might call for their own thread...Ferg’s Shirt of the Day. :lol:
:lol: 8) :thumbup:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 pm
I was discussing this with Declan Strange, CW Showroom, the other day and he found it easier to get the bracelet onto the watch from the dial up position rather than caseback up.
I also found it much easier also.
Amor Vincit Omnia

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:59 pm I was discussing this with Declan Strange, CW Showroom, the other day and he found it easier to get the bracelet onto the watch from the dial up position rather than caseback up.
Exactly what I do, Ferg. There was a post on it some time ago. I’m trying to find it.

Edit. It’s here by John (@Bident) on a thread I started.

viewtopic.php?p=797297#p797297
Steve

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:59 pm I was discussing this with Declan Strange, CW Showroom, the other day and he found it easier to get the bracelet onto the watch from the dial up position rather than caseback up.
That’s a pretty good tip. I’ll try that next time. I suppose we’re all accustomed to doing it dial down out of necessity with traditional bracelets and pins.
Drew
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:05 pm
Exactly what I do, Ferg. There was a post on it some time ago. I’m trying to find it.

Edit. It’s here by John (@Bident) on a thread I started.

viewtopic.php?p=797297#p797297
Great tips! Similar to Ferg and Andrew, it does take me a few minutes to "re-attach" the quick release as well. I get floppy end lug syndrome. Much appreciated help
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy