Two Seamasters and a C60

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
BlueArrow

Two Seamasters and a C60

Post by BlueArrow »

Just an initial post with three of my favourites.

I bought the Trident first, then the 2455.80.00, and most recently a new Seamaster (...with the hugely long ref.no).

Latest Seamaster runs around +1 a day, Trident around +5, 2455 I've no idea: I don't wear it a lot, just look at it now and again and enjoy the details.

Objectively, if you work with extreme magnetic fields (and don't want a quartz, and don't mind parting with 4K) go with the new Seamaster. Equally, if you're after heritage; Omega has a history of innovation going way back, military connection, Olympic connection etc. etc. I certainly enjoy the two I have.

However, if I could only keep one, it would be the Trident. I prefer the aesthetic, love the lume, think the price is amazing, and it'll no doubt be significantly cheaper to service.

What I'd really like would be a C60 with a large triangle at the twelve o'clock, in the style of the 2455.80. Sort of a modernised Dartmouth I suppose.

Here's hoping Mike agrees...

I'll do a more in depth comparison when time allows.

Thanks all.
Attachments
20200725_170937.jpg
20200725_171630.jpg
20200725_172033.jpg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Two Seamasters and a C60

Post by jkbarnes »

Welcome to the forum. It’s nice to see a Trident keeping such good company.

Why don’t you introduce yourself here. I think you’ll get a very friendly welcome.
Drew
Gyelex
Junior
Junior

Post by Gyelex »

BlueArrow wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:51 pm Just an initial post with three of my favourites.

I bought the Trident first, then the 2455.80.00, and most recently a new Seamaster (...with the hugely long ref.no).

Latest Seamaster runs around +1 a day, Trident around +5, 2455 I've no idea: I don't wear it a lot, just look at it now and again and enjoy the details.

Objectively, if you work with extreme magnetic fields (and don't want a quartz, and don't mind parting with 4K) go with the new Seamaster. Equally, if you're after heritage; Omega has a history of innovation going way back, military connection, Olympic connection etc. etc. I certainly enjoy the two I have.

However, if I could only keep one, it would be the Trident. I prefer the aesthetic, love the lume, think the price is amazing, and it'll no doubt be significantly cheaper to service.

What I'd really like would be a C60 with a large triangle at the twelve o'clock, in the style of the 2455.80. Sort of a modernised Dartmouth I suppose.

Here's hoping Mike agrees...

I'll do a more in depth comparison when time allows.

Thanks all.
Oh wow I hadn't realised how similar yet, imo, more professional the Trident looks. You said the lume is nicer - is it the brightness and/or longevity or just the layout on the dial?
Ntynan

Post by Ntynan »

Think the Christopher Ward holds its own week against those two.
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

... but for sure Omegas have better consistency hands, for CW they seem like form two different watches.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Omega have had the skeleton hands on the Seamaster 300M since 1993. The new Trident hands came in the 3rd generation in 2018(?). I've never been a fan of the the 3rd generation Trident hour hand as it seems like it was borrowed from a Seiko diver. It has great finishing but has never excited me as a visual element of the watch. My views might be softening a bit due to the C60 BLUE but I'll never be this design's greatest fan. As I recall the teardrop handset for the Mk 1 and Mk 2 Trident lasted ten years or so which isn't pad for a brand which released its first watch in 2005.

The C60 Trident range has always been a great watch. As an owner of Seamasters and C60 Tridents I know they are complimentary watches. I've often wondered if I should post a back-to-back review of a Seamaster and a Trident - If I changed my review format to include some form of scoring it might make for an interesting discussion piece.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris