C7SBS-390-BB Bluebird # 0673/1912

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
Tor Billon
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: C7SBS-390-BB Bluebird # 0673/1912

Post by Tor Billon »

Great photos and a superb looking timepiece. I have been eyeing this model bluebird for ages. Love all the details and that unique case back!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Thank you for that :)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

I'm still so so about the adjustment on my Bluebird....
It's fine in most situations so far but it was a bit colder one morning recently and it was a bit loose.
Problem is that it is on the tightest of the 5 micro adjustment holes.
Anyone have an idea if I got one link out, would I still have maybe one or two micro adjustment holes left to use ?
drgoretex
Junior
Junior

Post by drgoretex »

Stunning pics!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Thank you :)
Wearing it at the moment.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

MiniMpi wrote:I'm still so so about the adjustment on my Bluebird....
It's fine in most situations so far but it was a bit colder one morning recently and it was a bit loose.
Anyone have an idea if I got one link out, would I still have maybe one or two micro adjustment holes left to use ?
Hi Ferg. Firstly you have it the right way - better to be loose when cold, as opposed to tight when hot!

Secondly, assuming that there are no half links, then the only way is to whip out a link and pop it on the loosest of micro adjustments. Trouble is, you risk going the other way.

Do CW have half links, because adding a half link would enable you to move the micro adjustment into the middle, which should make it perfect!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks mate, I really appreciate your reply ;)
I'm wearing tonight and it feels fine...so I think I'll leave it alone for a month or so and see how I'm getting on. If I think it's still a bit loose, I'll get a link taken out and see.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

MiniMpi wrote:I'm still so so about the adjustment on my Bluebird....
Ferg,

My C7 MkII BRG bracelet is packed away as I'm wearing it on leather, so without digging through all the boxes, I can't really look at it to accurately answer this, but... if the distance between the first and last of the 5 holes is larger than the length of one link, then you should be able to remove one link and be good to go. If it's the same, or less, no luck.

Everyone's wrist is different, but I always have the 6 o'clock side of my bracelet shorter than the 12 o'clock side. The reason for this is that the inner folding sections of the clasp extend past the outer section of the clasp at the 12 o'clock side, and doing this centres the inner part of the clasp on my wrist, meaning that it sits better. The reason I mention this, is that by using this uneven length system, I will frequently gain 1 or even 2 micro adjustment holes at the clasp, due to the fact that the bracelet sits better on my wrist. Strange, but true :). So... if the one link you remove is on the 6 o'clock side, it may work even if the measurements I mentioned above are close....

Every single one of my watches on a bracelet is setup this way. Works for me, but no guarantees it will work for your wrist.... ;)

BTW no half links for the CW bracelets...

Cheers,
Gary
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Gary, you're a Legend mate !! :)
That sounds great.
I've had it on all evening and it feels perfect..so I'll give it a few weeks, might be colder so there might be a difference in my wrist size slightly and I'll see then. But I figure for the winter I'll be going with your plan mate. Thanks again ;)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

MiniMpi wrote:Thanks mate, I really appreciate your reply ;)
I'm wearing tonight and it feels fine...so I think I'll leave it alone for a month or so and see how I'm getting on. If I think it's still a bit loose, I'll get a link taken out and see.
Happy days! Glad you still love it. It is a stunning watch that the bracelet just looks so fantastic on.
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

Congratulations Ferg. A beauty of a watch, love the attention to detail. The colour of dial and bezel is tantalising. I only wish I had a good a reason to pick one up as you do. :D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

gaf1958 wrote:Everyone's wrist is different, but I always have the 6 o'clock side of my bracelet shorter than the 12 o'clock side. The reason for this is that the inner folding sections of the clasp extend past the outer section of the clasp at the 12 o'clock side, and doing this centres the inner part of the clasp on my wrist, meaning that it sits better. Cheers,
Gary
This is how it is supposed to be done. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks for all the replies guys :)
I really love this watch.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

This is fast becoming one of my favorite watches in my collection ;)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

MiniMpi wrote:The bracelet strap adds a nice bit of weight and gives it a very high end look in my opinion.
This is my first bracelet strapped watch.
I normally get a leather strap so this is all new to me. The clasp works great.
I totally agree with you Ferg.

My C7 MkI BRG and C70 BRG both look best / smartest on a bracelet and the additional weight compensates for the lighter quartz movement.

On the subject of bracelet adjustment, I've measured the bracelet for my C70 and found that the length of a link is 10mm, with the distance from first to last hole on the micro adjustment being 8.5mm.

Thus, if you remove one link and switch from the tightest to the loosest micro hole the bracelet will, by my reckoning, be 1.5mm shorter.

If the bracelet, on its current adjustment, is only loose on occasion I'd leave it in its current position as its easier to live with it being occasionally loose than mostly tight; if that makes sense.

Guy

PS> Great watch and superb photos by the way.
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England