LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Bad news-Good news-Surprise

Post by Kip »

As of today Sept. 29...

Bad News....
The delivery of the C700 is now delayed a week or two.....

This is due to the delivery of the SW500 movements running behind. :(

Good news....
The delivery of ETA 7750 movements is early

Surprise....
CW will build the C700 with the 7750 :D

so...
Manual will be updated online soon, but already went to print... functionality etc all the same.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
mikepj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Bad news-Good news-Surprise

Post by mikepj »

The C700SKK description always stated that it used a 7750 wheras the SKS & SKSI state that the SW500 is used
CWS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by CWS »

This begs the question... Which movement was used for no. 0001 as depicted here:
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/media/ ... deBACK.jpg

I have great affection for the subtle difference in hues of the mechanics, its seemingly near rose-gold tint. Whichever movement is depicted I hope this appearance doesn't change significantly in production models.

And ouch @ longer wait 8)
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Ditto. I thought I read it was a 7750 from the off, too.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

mikepj wrote:The C700SKK description always stated that it used a 7750 wheras the SKS & SKSI state that the SW500 is used
I suspect that this was an unnoticed and/or unreported error as the C700 was (to Date) always meant to have the SW500.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
lostguy
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by lostguy »

So I have to wait longer for pics. Thanks Kip.

I'm very, very curious as to how this looks in the wild. It looks classy and sporty at the same time.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

lostguy wrote:So I have to wait longer for pics. Thanks Kip.

I'm very, very curious as to how this looks in the wild. It looks classy and sporty at the same time.
I agree although im in two minds about its design, i can see where all peoples thoughts are coming from on this model and its not bad for the price just nothing pushing me to buy it. I would like to see how different the watch may look on strap compared to bracelet in real life.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by AliBar »

Kip wrote:
mikepj wrote:The C700SKK description always stated that it used a 7750 wheras the SKS & SKSI state that the SW500 is used
I suspect that this was an unnoticed and/or unreported error as the C700 was (to Date) always meant to have the SW500.
And the website still says as mikepj has quoted - but guess it is now t'other two that need to be changed.

Should we be happy... is the 7750 better thought of than the SW500 variant or are3 they much of a muchness ?
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
highway62

Post by highway62 »

much of a muchness I'd say, but for resale the 7750 might serve to nudge the price up a tad! :D
mikepj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by mikepj »

highway62 wrote:much of a muchness I'd say, but for resale the 7750 might serve to nudge the price up a tad! :D
or, if the price stays the same, increase the VFM
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

For me this is not good news at all. A lot of questions on the forum along the lines of is Chr Wdnasngood as Tag or other well established brands.

Well this gives the impression that the watches are made of bit parts, maybe the other brands swap about like this I don,t know but now we have yet another watch that has no consistency to it, it's a lottery what you get and it looks like a real half baked launch to me.

Don't mean to me negative but it really puts me off a great watch in the range.
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
highway62

Post by highway62 »

as for the 'bit parts' comment, the vast majority of big name brands use off the shelf movements ,mainly from ETA . So not sure why this should be looked upon as a negative for CW. You would probably find that TAG (for example) would just name it a 'Calibre 15' and leave you none the wiser as to the movements true origin :wink:
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

highway62 wrote:as for the 'bit parts' comment...
It does have the ring of CW standing on a street corner and getting his parts from shady characters in brown paper parcels. Either that or trawling the grey market. At least not sourcing asian movement (who said yet! at the back?)* :wink: Must make stock control and provenance hard to maintain though. I guess that'd be through serial number issue at CWL Towers (but what about repairs/replacements?).
highway62 wrote:...You would probably find that TAG (for example) would just name it a 'Calibre 15' and leave you none the wiser as to the movements true origin :wink:
The marketing/publicity department of TAG would have you believe that the movements are 'breathed' on and modified in-house. Which is strange as ETA were scheduled to have stopped supplying ebauche (that's part made or bits of movement) to other companies outside Swatch Group. So they must be modifying completed movements? Not like they'd make up stories is it?

Mind you TAG marketing/publicity would have you believe Paul Newman is one of their 'ambassadors' ** :evil:

Alex

* please read as written with tongue in cheek
** appears a pet topic of mine, as detailed in Cumudgeons thread
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

highway62 wrote:as for the 'bit parts' comment, the vast majority of big name brands use off the shelf movements ,mainly from ETA . So not sure why this should be looked upon as a negative for CW. You would probably find that TAG (for example) would just name it a 'Calibre 15' and leave you none the wiser as to the movements true origin :wink:
It's not being off the shelf that i have a problem with, its swapping movements about on one style of watch. There is an inference even in this thread that the 7750 is a bit better than the Sellita movement. Whether it is or not is a different debate but now there will be c700 with 7750s and some with SW 500. He should stick to one movement for one style. Whereas now there will be people who would prefer one movement over the other and so on.

C40s 7750, C700 sellitta - simples but now its you take what there is and it is not the way forward. If tag rename it a calibre 15 are you saying that some of their calibre 15s are selittas and some ETAs - i think not.
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
highway62

Post by highway62 »

but can you be sure? As a company CW seems far more open about its inner workings so to speak! 8)