Live Chat with Christopher Ward - May 4

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Live Chat with Christopher Ward - May 4

Post by downer »

The DSG example crops up every couple of years - I think there have been a handful of successful prosecutions against them...and in almost all cases I've read about, the items are clearly and obviously used.

It is interesting. How does this apply to clothes that are on display, tried on by shoppers and re-folded or packed and sold as new? Almost all (if not every) shops do this each and every day.

If the article is indistinguishable from new, I don't see the real problem. Of course, technically it could be a breach, but it will only become an issue if the goods are somehow distinguishable from new.

If each and every watch sent out and returned a couple of days later had to be sold at a significant discount (even if the box had not been opened), I'm sure CW would have to review the policy, and I'm sure we would not want that....
Richard
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

downer wrote:If the article is indistinguishable from new, I don't see the real problem. Of course, technically it could be a breach, but it will only become an issue if the goods are somehow distinguishable from new.
I agree that this is the crux of it. The legal minutiae don't interest me* so much as the intent in this case. If it has been sold, returned and refunded unused then it's as good as new to me.
CW said that worn returns and exchanges may be put into NN or get stripped down and re-used in production. Perhaps the NN wording on the website should be amended to reflect this.

*I do not work in Trading Standards, and they may hold a different view.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

well as long as the returned item is resold with the correct label then there is not problem.

"60/60 Returned, fully inspected £1 off". Not problem. CWL make the decision about the reduction.