Service and showroom to reopen

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Service and showroom to reopen

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 pm DHL collected my two watches today as scheduled by CW.
I sent them back in the newer CW boxes.
I do wonder how much pressure there will be from backlogged repairs - here's hoping not too bad since we inmates have a fair few stacking up.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

H0rati0 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 pm I do wonder how much pressure there will be from backlogged repairs - here's hoping not too bad since we inmates have a fair few stacking up.
There is bound to be some delays with the backlog and with a huge amount now being sent in also, but hopefully nothing major.
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by RichM »

My C65 is on its way to CW for the repair.

The Royal Mail pre paid envelope arrived and indeed is big enough to take the new style packaging so that was easy.

The way the post office worker slammed the parcel down on their desk once it had been processed will be a good test of the robustness of the packaging and at least it's going in for repair anyway!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Anybody else having trouble scheduling a pick up? The link works fine but I just get a spinning box on DHL's website.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Update: DHL have come to life, must have been a system glitch.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

H0rati0 wrote:Anybody else having trouble scheduling a pick up? The link works fine but I just get a spinning box on DHL's website.
I just rang them Nik, much easier I figured.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:37 am
H0rati0 wrote:Anybody else having trouble scheduling a pick up? The link works fine but I just get a spinning box on DHL's website.
I just rang them Nik, much easier I figured.
I got it scheduled for tomorrow (today!) I am interested to see what happens since the instructions are to leave the package open....
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 am
I got it scheduled for tomorrow (today!) I am interested to see what happens since the instructions are to leave the package open....
When I sent my watch back to CW for service, I left the package open like the instructions said. When DHL picked it up, the guy said he doesn’t know why that’s in the instructions; he says they inspect the package back at the facility but for safety it should be taped shut for the truck ride there.

It didn’t make sense to me either.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

^^^^there's no chance I'd be leaving the package open. Nobody knows if it's been tampered with then and you'd have no idea what was in it by the time it reached the other end.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

It certainly seems bonkers - but I'll comply (it insists on the DHL website too) and see what occurs. I can tape it up quickly enough.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 am I got it scheduled for tomorrow (today!) I am interested to see what happens since the instructions are to leave the package open....
Yes I had that too, Thankfully I had been through this before and the first time I sent a watch back with DHL I left it open and the guy also said that that was only needed if they didn't know what was inside it but as CW inform DHL what is in the box then there is no need to leave it open.
The only difference I had this time, due to Brexit, was that I had a proforma invoice also to be printed off and given to the driver.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:41 am
Yes I had that too, Thankfully I had been through this before and the first time I sent a watch back with DHL I left it open and the guy also said that that was only needed if they didn't know what was inside it but as CW inform DHL what is in the box then there is no need to leave it open.
The only difference I had this time, due to Brexit, was that I had a proforma invoice also to be printed off and given to the driver.
Well, they didn't even come yesterday (and no come back) so my wife dropped it into the post office (Deutsche Post owns DHL) and they wanted it ready to go also. All seems a bit hit or miss....
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

That's very strange !
Thanks for the update Nik.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:41 pm That's very strange !
Thanks for the update Nik.
It gets worse. After sending me two emails confirming pick up on Monday in the time window specified, a driver turned up today. I did feel sorry for him...

However, keeping focus on the essential, hopefully they get it back to CW pronto :roll:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

H0rati0 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 pm It gets worse. After sending me two emails confirming pick up on Monday in the time window specified, a driver turned up today. I did feel sorry for him...

However, keeping focus on the essential, hopefully they get it back to CW pronto :roll:
Oh dear.....at least it's sent gone off to CW anyway, hopefully you'll hear back from them soon.