LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Visa Card Issue

Post by Kip »

An ongoing sporadic issue with Visa card use on the CWL website is causing some inconveniences for CWL customers. The issue seems to be primarily with USA transactions.

The problem is believed to be a programming language issue of some sort. It seems to be an issue that is caused by the elves. It goes away for weeks or months and then pops up again. CWL has found nothing wrong on there end so far nor has Visa. Both are continuing to investigate the issue.

If you should run across this issue please email Wera at Wizziethewiz@christopherward.co.uk for assistance, pay by an alternate method, use the call center or call CWL direct.

CWL is sorry for any inconvenience, but they are doing what they can in collaboration with Visa to sort the issue.
Last edited by Kip on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wera says no issues for awhile
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
patryn33

Re: Visa Card Issue

Post by patryn33 »

seem like alot of malaysia customer are facing the same issue with UK.
I know 2-3 customers already thinking of keeping their order CANCELED.
email also didn't get any prompt reply.

There is 1 is already so mad that he rather pay the extra cost for a tissot to eliminate such headache.
CC issue is turning away alot of customers.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

I suspect that CWL and Visa are extra cautious due to recent extremely high incidents of CC fraud from Malaysia and several other countries as well. This is not isolated to CWL. Visa has red flags for many countries.

I would suggest contacting CWL directly and/or Visa regarding any difficulties.

Perhaps another form of payment can be arranged.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Someone Else
Senior
Senior

Post by Someone Else »

Kip,

The problem happens in the U.S. where we have a (relatively) low rate of fraud. Respectfully, an answer of "contact CW or use another payment method" wasn't very sympathetic and sort of missed his point.
  • CW keeps UK hours; I suffered that problem from the U.S. Malaysia is 8 hours off London.
  • My experience was that even during UK business hours, reaching a human at CW was non-trivial. (I can point to the posts if you wish.) Full voice mail boxes, no humans available.
  • That should be unnecessary in this day-and-age anyhow. We have the internet, we have ways of confirming payment. That CW can't figure out how to accept VISA reliably while I have the problem nowhere else, and refuses to accept American Express, tells me they don't value my time, choices and safety. (Essentially it boils down to "Use MasterCard or PayPal".)
  • "Arranging another payment method" was insensitive for two reasons:
    1. In my case, VISA was the other method; CW doesn't take American Express
    2. Take takes time-and-effort, and means we can't protect ourselves. I despise PayPal; they do not protect the buyer from fraud at all.
  • On the PayPal topic, that's largely an EBay (read "Protector of fly-by-night shysters") refuge. Does Amazon.com, for example, even accept PayPal?
I stated a while ago that until CW fixes the system - either taking Amex or actually accepts the VISA that I have, I will buy other brands instead. I like my CW C5 MkII and what CW stands for, and would like (if it were to come out) a C9-SKS-CHR, but even if it comes out at a great price I won't do another CW purchase until they fix the payment receipt system.
Someone Else
Senior
Senior

Post by Someone Else »

Just a BTW...
Kip wrote:I would suggest contacting CWL directly and/or Visa regarding any difficulties.
His message pointed out that contact via email didn't work. I spent an hour on the phone with Visa in November; the fault is with CW according to them. I believe them, as the same card works with Amazon.com, Google, Sears and local restaurants and stores with no problems.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes

Post by Kip »

Someone Else wrote:Kip,

The problem happens in the U.S. where we have a (relatively) low rate of fraud. Respectfully, an answer of "contact CW or use another payment method" wasn't very sympathetic and sort of missed his point.
  • CW keeps UK hours; I suffered that problem from the U.S. Malaysia is 8 hours off London.
  • My experience was that even during UK business hours, reaching a human at CW was non-trivial. (I can point to the posts if you wish.) Full voice mail boxes, no humans available.
  • That should be unnecessary in this day-and-age anyhow. We have the internet, we have ways of confirming payment. That CW can't figure out how to accept VISA reliably while I have the problem nowhere else, and refuses to accept American Express, tells me they don't value my time, choices and safety. (Essentially it boils down to "Use MasterCard or PayPal".)
  • "Arranging another payment method" was insensitive for two reasons:
    1. In my case, VISA was the other method; CW doesn't take American Express
    2. Take takes time-and-effort, and means we can't protect ourselves. I despise PayPal; they do not protect the buyer from fraud at all.
  • On the PayPal topic, that's largely an EBay (read "Protector of fly-by-night shysters") refuge. Does Amazon.com, for example, even accept PayPal?
I stated a while ago that until CW fixes the system - either taking Amex or actually accepts the VISA that I have, I will buy other brands instead. I like my CW C5 MkII and what CW stands for, and would like (if it were to come out) a C9-SKS-CHR, but even if it comes out at a great price I won't do another CW purchase until they fix the payment receipt system.
I have no intention of beating this subject to death again. It has been well covered in the past....hence the reason for this topic notice.

The poster infers he is from Malaysia so I merely stated what I do know and offered an opinion as to why the problem has come up. Fraud is everywhere worldwide but happens to be much higher currently in certain areas, Malaysia being at or near the top of the list. I don't see this as insensitive by offering a suggestion of contact to 2 potential sources of the issue and possible reason why this is necessary.

What you or I consider unsuitable payment alternatives may be perfectly acceptable to someone else.

As for contacting CWL...time differences are something we live with. There are many ways to get through to CWL and leave a message...

Phones, 24 hour call center, multiple email addresses listed on websites, even through the forum several people have contacted me. Mistakes, overloads etc happen from time to time.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Someone Else
Senior
Senior

Post by Someone Else »

Kip wrote:What you or I consider unsuitable payment alternatives may be perfectly acceptable to someone else.
Kip, I don't disagree with that statement. It really applies to everything in life. It's mostly a question of sweet-spot; how much cost versus benefit to fixing (or implementing) something. CW won't typically hear from the failed sales, and as you imply, they could require Cashier's Check and still get some sales. Each limitation will reduce sales, or alternatively, most additional methods will increase sales. Consider: the big three cards in the U.S. are MasterCard, Amex and Visa; here CW has eliminated one and crippled another. It's a growth-opportunity! :D
Kip wrote:Phones, 24 hour call center, multiple email addresses listed on websites, even through the forum several people have contacted me. Mistakes, overloads etc happen from time to time.
All true. Mistakes should be analyzed and addressed. Why can't he get a fast email response? Why couldn't I? Why are voice mailboxes sometimes full, the call centers completely disempowered and in my experience messages on a three-business-day turn-around?

It's not that contacting CW is impossible, but rather than it's unreliable and if payment were easier, it wouldn't even be as necessary. Just another growth opportunity for CW.
patryn33

Post by patryn33 »

there are just alot of players at this price pt.
CW choose to cancel ppl order without contacting buyer will sure **** ppl off.
I bet that email address is flooded with email, without reply ppl promptly will also turn ppl away.

ppl on WUS has complained, ppl on Lowyat also complained. after getting ordered cancel more than 2X ppl tend to give up on it and rather pay the extra. CW lost is others gain.

mistakes needs to be address soon to avoid losing buyer confidence. a Bad image takes a long time to recover. This should simple principle should be well understood by marketing ppl with big degree. If they don't, that is an issue.

good reviews usually don't spread like wild fire, only bad news/complains do.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

I know the owner of this forum is Dutch, but any chance of a post in intelligible English? :roll:

srsly ppl u no ths cn b anoying rite so no caps 4eva lol.