London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: London Calling. CW's new advertising campaign

Post by 0uatiOW »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 pm Well, if you don't 'get it' then wouldn't you be all the more curious to find out what it i.e. Christopher Ward, is all about and 'Do your research'?

That's the aim of the video.

Guy
We’re all bombarded with thousands of marketing messages daily. Speaking personally, for me to want to go off and find out more about a message I haven’t understood it has to be wildly out of the ordinary (think gorillas playing drums) rather than mildly confusing. I need to think “wow, what is that all about?” rather than “hmm, I don’t get it”.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

0uatiOW wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:47 am They might have been better off simply saying “look at these great watches and you won’t be ripped off”.
that works for me. Running a "provocative" ad campaign today is too difficult, so many people looking to be "offended".
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

jtc wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:49 am I also wonder why they didn't register the same @ name for all social media platforms as it seems a bit disjointed.
The social media names are not used in the adverts. These are in Loupe. As to why they are different, I suspect it was as close as they could get upon initial registration on those platforms.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:42 am
jtc wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:49 am I also wonder why they didn't register the same @ name for all social media platforms as it seems a bit disjointed.
The social media names are not used in the adverts. These are in Loupe. As to why they are different, I suspect it was as close as they could get upon initial registration on those platforms.
Both https://instagram.com/christopherwardlondon/ and https://facebook.com/chriswardlondon are available, which suggests they haven't been previously registered.

I also note they have the shortened name on Twitter when https://twitter.com/christopherwardlondon is available. I would have thought first preference would have been the actual brand name, not "Chris Ward". May as well have registered @ChrWard :D

Social media is key for modern marketing. It seems odd they've not taken the opportunity of being able to say "Find us @ChristopherWardLondon on social media" with a load of London focused marketing.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Apparently I suspected wrong.

I do understand the importance of social media so I have no idea on the name selections. :ka:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Strange!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
msdsx
Junior
Junior

CW public space advertising

Post by msdsx »

On the Waterloo & City line...
EA61C281-3A9F-4297-9706-9E281A33D9E8.jpeg
Mark
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed"
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, Rolex Milgauss, CW Trident Pro 600, C30 Malvern Chronometer, TAG Muhammad Ali Limited Edition, Bremont S300, Mercer Airfoil, Citizen, Casio, etc...
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ Did you see the poster for the C60 Bronze as well?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
msdsx
Junior
Junior

Post by msdsx »

Can’t say I did, certainly not near that one
Mark
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed"
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, Rolex Milgauss, CW Trident Pro 600, C30 Malvern Chronometer, TAG Muhammad Ali Limited Edition, Bremont S300, Mercer Airfoil, Citizen, Casio, etc...
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Well, at least I have learnt something today. Whilst I noted the use of the word 'Trump's in the small hands ad, I actually thought in reference to cards, believe it or not. But with one of our American friends contributing here I googled about Trump and learnt he does indeed have small hands. I can't comprehend how dumb that fact is and that someone is even talking about it, yet alone using it in an advert. Seriously, what is the World coming to? We are being bombarded with rubbish.
'Tis me
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ CW are reaching out to a younger, connected demographic.

The fact that Trump has small hands is/was all over social media, the exact platform that CW is targeting.
Therefore however rubbish it may be, it is current and a topic that many can relate to.
Ryan
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Thank you.

I understand now, hence the self-aggrandisement obviously.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:00 pmThe fact that Trump has small hands is/was all over social media, the exact platform that CW is targeting. Therefore however rubbish it may be, it is current and a topic that many can relate to.
Oh absolutely, can't argue with that. All over social media eh? None that I use, thankfully. Stilll, just proves my point. Dumb and dumber.
'Tis me
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

CW getting involved in politics puts me right off!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

golfjunky wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:32 pm CW getting involved in politics puts me right off!
This for me as well. I don't think I'm going to bother with another cw watch if they are going to go down the political route. I'm a neutral when it comes to political parties, but when I want to buy a watch the last thing I want is their political stance in my face.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301