CWL "Magalogue"

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Will Bogor
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: CWL "Magalogue"

Post by Will Bogor »

Rainer Brand looks awesome - what are the prices like? There really are some stunning watches coming out of Germany.
Will
Bogor, West Java
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

i've learnt by experience that if they don't give the price, I can't afford them! :lol: Pre-owned they seem to go from about $1500 upwards and upwards. But they have the kind of style I really go for. To own one watch of this quality would be enough for me.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

highway61 wrote:I'd love to buy an automatic Oris diver for about £300 or a 7750 chrono from them for about £700...... Just think some people are overreacting to the new prices....they are still good value
+1

My Oris Diver was £900 last April, This April it was £1250 (same dealer) I understand this is due to the 'World Currency Fluctuations' but I think it shows that CW have a long way to go before their divers watches are in the same price bracket.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Uncle Dave
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Uncle Dave »

Prices are definitely rising. I paid £157 for my C5 Malvern Avaitor, it came with a £50 off voucher which I used to get a C3 Malvern Chrono for about £90 and I got my C6 (non auto) for about £120 in the sale this summer. All bargains.

£450, £750 and even £300 are out of my price range...

Clive
Uncle Dave
Junior
Junior

Post by Uncle Dave »

and now a C4 in black (RAF) for £160...

Clive
Frankcastle123
Senior
Senior

Post by Frankcastle123 »

Has anyone else noticed that on the new magazine, under the directory the new c9's are wrongfully displayed?

If you look at the c9 gmt version, and the chronograph they are backwards. Horner did the photo shop of the watches, put the dial of the gmt in the case of the chronograph, showing the gmt with a crown and 2 pushers and then the chronograph with only the crown.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

I hadn't noticed that they'd c*cked it up in the mag, but I seem to remember that the first rendering on here was a pusher-less chrono.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

I know this topic exists twice (http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... f=1&t=4971) but I am never sure which thread to use...

Anyway, today I received the Christmas catalogue from CWL. Did anyone else? Look at that new cover - C70 on the front, C90 on the back. Drool. =P~

So I tear open the thing, flick through and think "Hmm... this looks familiar" :-k

I had a look, and, yes, apart from the cover it is exactly the same, word-for-word, picture-by-picture and page-by-page. :lol:

Oh well.

Did anyone else get one?
krushy
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by krushy »

Yeah I received the Christmas special, 2nd edition of the CW magalogue.

I thought I was going mad as I had the same dave-ja-viewwy moment.
The repeat picture of Ian B confirmed my Groundhog Day experience.

Cant wait for the 3rd edition... :lol:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

I have to wonder whether it makes sense money wise to send out a load of catalogues with just the front cover changed?
Surely just call 'version 1' the winter catalogue and then,if you want to send out anything else,use leaflet shots?
Course,i'm guessing and maybe it makes little or no difference to getting new covers printed and stapling them together?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Shows how daft I am, I have both mags and have only just noticed that they are the same inside! Oh well - still made me drool!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

village wrote:I have to wonder whether it makes sense money wise to send out a load of catalogues with just the front cover changed?
Surely just call 'version 1' the winter catalogue and then,if you want to send out anything else,use leaflet shots?
Course,i'm guessing and maybe it makes little or no difference to getting new covers printed and stapling them together?

...because the magic of Christmas drives sales! :santaclaus:

It will be here soon enough.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

It certainly shows how wrong I was:
Mortis on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm wrote: I quite like the idea but I fear that perhaps they've used all their ideas on one publication? Maybe it will only be annual, or the like.
I suspect that this method suggests they will easily be able to produce another one in the new year... :roll:
:twisted:
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

Kip wrote:...because the magic of Christmas drives sales! :santaclaus:

It will be here soon enough.
Bah! Humbug!
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
trentski
Senior
Senior

Post by trentski »

andyg wrote:
But the price rise in recent months is ridiculous. Tissot, Oris and a number of other brands all offer the same movement at a similar price and they all do the "non-CW" thing of sponsorship and mass advertising (which is added onto the price, as CW tell us).
Hi Andy,

I appreciate your post is a month or so old now but would you be so kind as to provide links to the watches you are talking about? I've been looking but haven't found them.

Many thanks :D