CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: CWL Sale July 1

Post by ianblyth »

village wrote:Now, come on Ian....you know that's the silliest comment you could put on a watch forum
I know. :lol: But sometimes a bit of perspective is required.

I am sure I was pretty upset when the web site crashed during the big sale in February and probably said (or at least thought) some nasty things about the web site then. Especially as I thought that the web is the main source of business for CWL. But I still am a customer and having met Chris and Wera and talked to them I know that they are not a faceless large corporation that do not care. And as Kip said they massively increased the number of servers. So they did listen, they did try and do something and it still was not enough. But at least they care and they try. For new forum members they may not have had the wonderful experience of the CWL customer service.
downer wrote:Interesting analysis.

However, we need to be careful to avoid rose-tinted glasses syndrome. Those "low post count/vitriolic comment" guys are real customers and may be people who would, in the future, adopt CWL as their brand of choice. The experience encountered the other night was extremely frustrating and must surely be avoidable. Some of those guys (customers) are lost forever, and some of them will tell others etc,etc.

The next sale must be better planned and executed.
I was trying to do an analysis and I hope it was not rose tinted but I am pro CWL. Everyone is a potential customer and you cannot please all of the people all all of the time. I just think some of the things that were said were a bit much regardless of how frustrating it is. I was as frustrated as some as a couple of the watches I wanted went out of stock before I could get them bought. At least the web site kept going this time as Feb was a total melt down. It is very difficult to predict peaks. Even when the site was opened early it was struggling and theoretically only forum members would have been on it then.

When a big department store opens it's door for a sale there is a crazed rush to get to the good stuff and woe betide anyone who gets in the way. In that sense it was a bit like that. Some people got what they wanted, some didn't, some just got frustrated and angry while others just went to bed.

Remember if they spend large amounts of money to cope with a 2 hour peak twice a year then that has to go onto the cost of the watches. One of the things we like about CWL is how you can get a good quality Swiss watch at a low price. And a sale price is even better value. :D

As for better planned and executed - "we increased the server capacity X4 over the Jan Sale...and x15 over normal traffic expectations...and still it couldn’t cope...we even emailed less people". It sounds like they did better planning. That was one of my points (that I did not do a good job of explaining). It is all very well getting angry and saying how rubbish it is but that should be done in private and taking it out on an inanimate object. What we need is constructive criticism. How can CWL do better in future.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
krushy
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by krushy »

I appear to have fallen for the "my shopping basket" is not a real shopping basket thing again in Ikea this afternoon.

I had a wardrobe designed to fit the bedroom, was given the list, locations of boxes and the price to pay at the till.
About 30mins later of heavy box stacking, I found one of the box locations contained nowt - you guessed it out of stock!

How annoying! lol

At least with the CW website I didnt need to break out into (much) of a sweat!! :lol:
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

krushy wrote:I appear to have fallen for the "my shopping basket" is not a real shopping basket thing again in Ikea this afternoon.

I had a wardrobe designed to fit the bedroom, was given the list, locations of boxes and the price to pay at the till.
About 30mins later of heavy box stacking, I found one of the box locations contained nowt - you guessed it out of stock!

How annoying! lol

At least with the CW website I didnt need to break out into (much) of a sweat!! :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGH!

... and... you had all the fun of driving to and from the store, bloody awful parking and the 3 mile trek around the shop itself. Fun . :?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
sonofcantona
Scrabble King
Scrabble King
CW-watches: 0

CWL Sale July 1

Post by sonofcantona »

Talking of 'Stores' I travelled 20 miles to meadowhall today and ended up buying a t-shirt............. Gets home to iron it and.….... The bloody store have left the security tag on..... One of those big chunky ones....... So 55 quid for a t- shirt and another fiver in diesal tomorrow just to get the tag taken off.................. Arrrrrgh too.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

sonofcantona wrote:Talking of 'Stores' I travelled 20 miles to meadowhall today and ended up buying a t-shirt............. Gets home to iron it and.….... The bloody store have left the security tag on..... One of those big chunky ones....... So 55 quid for a t- shirt and another fiver in diesal tomorrow just to get the tag taken off.................. Arrrrrgh too.
55 quid for a T-shirt :shock:

And great security at the store if they left the tag on and it didn't go off!!
John
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Robin CB »

Monkey wrote:
sonofcantona wrote:Talking of 'Stores' I travelled 20 miles to meadowhall today and ended up buying a t-shirt............. Gets home to iron it and.….... The bloody store have left the security tag on..... One of those big chunky ones....... So 55 quid for a t- shirt and another fiver in diesal tomorrow just to get the tag taken off.................. Arrrrrgh too.
55 quid for a T-shirt :shock:

And great security at the store if they left the tag on and it didn't go off!!
Now you know why he has to keep selling his watches.... :lol:
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by Rick »

Hello Fellas.
Looks like I missed out here :( Been away,just my luck.
Never mind,my pot is a little empty anyway so maybe just as well.
I can't keep up with the new postings,looks like its been a mad week for you all :lol:
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Rick wrote:Hello Fellas.
I can't keep up with the new postings,looks like its been a mad week for you all :lol:
It was a mad week. Sale on. Web site grinds to halt. Nothing unusal there. Then toys get thrown out pram. Things appear to be sorted but someone else comes along and throws toys out of pram. Toys back in pram. Name calling. People wade in. Then settles down. Then watches said to be deleived but not. Then really delivered. Some orders arrive some not. Heartache. E-mails to Wera. Wera sorts things out (as usual). This must be what it is like to watch Coronataion Street and Eastenders. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Rick »

ianblyth wrote:
Rick wrote:Hello Fellas.
It was a mad week. Sale on. Web site grinds to halt. Nothing unusal there. Then toys get thrown out pram. Things appear to be sorted but someone else comes along and throws toys out of pram. Toys back in pram. Name calling. People wade in. Then settles down. Then watches said to be deleived but not. Then really delivered. Some orders arrive some not. Heartache. E-mails to Wera. Wera sorts things out (as usual). This must be what it is like to watch Coronataion Street and Eastenders. :lol:
Lol.Sounds like it was a good idea I was away,let the mayhem die down a bit.
I only just got through the backlog of posts.Good job I never went for 2 weeks I would have given up. :lol:
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
highway61

Post by highway61 »

all most entertaining! :D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Rick...your meds await to get you back on track. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Rick »

Kip wrote:Rick...your meds await to get you back on track. :)
Thank you kip,
I'll check in to the dark room right at the end of the corridor ](*,)