Special Serial Numbers

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
c1jensen
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Special Serial Numbers

Post by c1jensen »

Thanks for letting me know...I just PM'd you for the same info, so disregard that... :)
Chad Jensen
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

Bonny wrote:At the risk of asking a stupid question, is there any real value associated with a particular serial number on a producton run of watches?
I can see a prototype being slightly different, but other than to a fan of a marque, is e.g. 100/500 worth any more than any of the other 499 watches on either side of it?
I would agree on the fact that 100/500 might not be worth anymore than any of the other 499 but you might score if you get a 0000 ie a pre production model. I certainly scored. As far as I am aware only myself and Chris have one of these. I know, lets play a game lol. See if you can spot whats different about it. I could be wrong but I dont think many of you will unless you find it in the archives.

:wink:

Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

Terminator 2 wrote:
See if you can spot whats different about it. I could be wrong but I dont think many of you will unless you find it in the archives.

I happen to have my black face C3 on today, and am not at the moment seeing anything different about the dial, hands or case!!

Obviously this one's gold, and I've got a different strap on mine so don't know whether the strap/buckle is different??

Go on then.....gis a clue :)
John
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Monkey wrote:Go on then.....gis a clue :)
I've also compared it with my C3 and can't see any visible differences (apart from the case colour).
Richard
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

Monkey wrote:I happen to have my black face C3 on today, and am not at the moment seeing anything different about the dial, hands or case!!

Obviously this one's gold, and I've got a different strap on mine so don't know whether the strap/buckle is different??

Go on then.....gis a clue :)
Nearly Monkey. Your clue is on your own post. I was going to give the answer but seeing as your nearly there then lets see if you can figure it out.

P.S. Its not the strap or the buckle.
downer

Post by downer »

Is it because it is a black dial / gold case combination - and that combo didn't go into production?
Richard
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

downer wrote:Is it because it is a black dial / gold case combination - and that combo didn't go into production?
Correct. There was never a Gold C3 sold with a black dial. Steel and Black yes but not the gold. I dont why he deselected it from the final production run though because it does look very nice especially with the gold numerals etc. Its now got an alligator strap on it and in the box is an unused gold bracelet that I picked up in one of the sales. Chris had no reason to lie and he said it was one of two the other of which he had. I presume he still has it.
downer

Post by downer »

Terminator 2 wrote: Correct. There was never a Gold C3 sold with a black dial. Steel and Black yes but not the gold. I dont why he deselected it from the final production run though because it does look very nice especially with the gold numerals etc. Its now got an alligator strap on it and in the box is an unused gold bracelet that I picked up in one of the sales. Chris had no reason to lie and he said it was one of two the other of which he had. I presume he still has it.
Nice watch and good that it is so unique. Out of interest, do you use it or have you kept it pristine?
Richard
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

I can't decide if I like the gold C3 or not to be honest.

I owned a steel/black C3, so I'm a definate fan of the watch!

I think it reminds me of a John Player Special F1 car of the 80's! :lol: :D

Actually, given that it was driven by Ayrton Senna in 1986, I think it's a good looking watch, and congrats on owning it! :D
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

downer wrote: Nice watch and good that it is so unique. Out of interest, do you use it or have you kept it pristine?
Thanks downer. I dont wear it. It has some slight wabi but thats almost invisible to the naked eye although as usual high macro cameras with strong unnatural light seem to make it look worse than it is. Its in the same condition as the day I got it so whats wabi is there is presumably down to the fact that it kicked about Chris's desk for a bit. It has also still got the original plastic film on the back and interestingly the case back has no serial number at all. I wonder if the 0000 that are mentioned here will be etched as such but this one is completely blank. Unlike those old photo's it now has an unused alligator on it and there is an unused gold bracelet still wrapped in its plastic for it too. I must admit it does look really good on the alligator. Here are some pics of the watch as it is today although due to the fact the lighting isnt great the colours are not as true as they are in the flesh.

Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

Now that is a nice Chrono 8)

Could be an idea for a Forum Limited Edition - especially if auto :)
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

Robin CB wrote:Now that is a nice Chrono 8)
Thanks Robin. Those unnatural light pictures were annoying me as they appeared to be over saturated and did not represent the watch properly so here is a picture of the watch taken in daylight.

Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

Still looks a loverly Chrono 8)

Personally I think it is an excellent dress watch and would be superbe with a DJ, so your original pics probably caught the best representation of its natural habitat - if you get my drift :D
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20
LE-two: yes

Post by Bonny »

Can I just ask, did anyone else contact CW based on the forum early notice of the specials and if so, have you actually got a watch yet?
I haven't even got a price yet, much less been able to get the watch!
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90