News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Timinwales
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: USA Showroom Now Closed

Post by Timinwales »

Kip,
I'd just like to reiterate what Scooter said, about the the right decision being the hard one, after working in the project management world I became amazed at how the project could become all regardless of its ability to meet requirements or effect on the top line capability.
At the same time I'm sorry the US show room didn't work out to the degree it might have, sign of the times in many ways though..definitely an experience worth having imo.
Really pleased that, you are staying with the forum, enjoy hose Grand Kids, and remember it's your job to encourage mischief!
Seem to recall my grandad selling me a cockerels egg for pennies, and telling me I could at least double my money if I sold it at school, because of how rare they were... :shock:
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
Solar~Citizen Nighthawk(Ti)~Seiko Solar Dive
Quartz~Sector Chrono~Rotary Sub~Luminox SEAL (Ti)
Porsche 911
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Porsche 911 »

I have met Kip personally in many occasions and he was the reason I purchased my CW collection......

I have considered him a friend for several years.

I rushed to see him in NH when the showroom first opened and I am proud to say I was his first buying customer.

Kip is a man of immense knowledge and integrity.

My hat is off to you dear chap......I wish you the best! :clap:
C60 Trident Pro Chronograph C600
C70 Belgian GP 80/500
C1000 Typhoon
C9 5 Day Automatic
C11 Extreme 46/1000
C7 Italian Racing Red 204/500
C60 Trident COSC 155/500
C700 Grande Rapide
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jmarchitect »

I am sorry to read this Kip and can understand your sadness at the closure of the US CWL showroom. Well done for opening up the exposure to an exciting new market and all the best in tackling the full time venture that is being a granddad!
DFEagle
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 6

Post by DFEagle »

Kip, I'm especially disappointed now that I decided to make my first visit to the showroom this spring, after the snow cleared and the roads from Vermont were more fun to drive. Was looking forward to meeting you after our email exchanges. Wearing the new C60 I scored just a few weeks ago after you clued me in to the sale.

All the best, positive wishes for the future and enjoy the grandkids!
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

I'll miss the U.S. showroom for sure. Kip sold me my last three CW watches and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The convenience factor of buying in the U.S. was very important in my buying decision. I notice that other watchmakers, such as Junghans and Nomos for example, have operations in some form in the U.S. where inventory is available for direct shipment within the United States. There are no company showrooms of course,but the product is available along with a knowledgeable staff to answer customer questions.
Farnorth
Junior
Junior

Post by Farnorth »

For many of us, the show room would have been too far to visit, so on line purchasing is the only way.
I wonder if the show room would have done better in Manhattan (rent notwithstanding) where there would have been more "traffic"??
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

Kip, simply best wishes from me for the next chapter in the journey.
I'm sure the US showroom was a wonderful experience and will have many fond memories for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

The showroom was too far for me to visit as well, but having a U.S. operation with inventory meant not having to wait 7-10 days to get the watch and avoiding potential customs problems. Apparently many U.S. customers would call the showroom,talk to Kip and then inexplicably order from the website anyway. As a result, the U.S. showroom sales volume suffered. From a traffic perspective only Manhattan, or any other major city, probably would have worked better. Of course it always boils down to paying the rent!
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by bspj »

For me, too, the showroom was too far to travel.
Kip, I hope that you feel OK after this adventure.
Steve
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement moving forward.

Although the showroom did not work out as planned, it was far from a failure and has been a wonderful experience. People in the area are still able to contact me and we will still try to have the occasional GTG's to view some watches.

I have already managed to get in some late winter golf due to some rare warm weather, so all is good!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by tempus fugit »

Just came here after hearing on another thread. Although I was, like many, too far from the showroom (being based in UK, I feel the Maidenhead one is probably my local) I wanted to pay tribute to what was a great idea and superbly executed - but just maybe before its time. As I understand that CWL is growing (according to MF) at between 20-35% pa, and the US market is seen as being bigger in the longer term, then perhaps this venture will come to be seen as both a prototype and trailblazer for maybe several showrooms in the US in the future. Kip, enjoy the grandkids and the golf - and accept my thanks as a helpful, knowledgeable moderator here on the forum. I wish you well, sir.
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyinRochester »

My only regret is that I did not have a chance to drive up to visit you. Since we have met several times and communicated via email several more, the face that I associate with CWL is yours. You are a better brand ambassador than Rory, Tiger, Phil and Jordan put together. Unfortunately, you are not as good of a golfer. :D

Being a relatively new grandfather myself, you already know that is one of the best things in life so continued enjoyment on that front.
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks for the kind words Rusty.

You certainly made me laugh with the golf comment. Probably because it is so true. If only..... :lol:

Maybe we can get together this summer.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
watchquest

Post by watchquest »

Kip, you were a pleasure to deal with during my visit to the showroom and subsequent purchase. I've bought two watches through you, once in person and once over the phone, both times the experience was fantastic. I hope you will still come to Red Bar events down in Boston when you can. Thanks for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.thewatchquest.com
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Hi Kip,
I have somehow missed this announcement and post until now. Very unfortunate that the Nashua showroom had to close early. I had hoped business would get me to the Boston area and I could have dropped by. Thrilled you will still be here with us on the forum.

On a personal note, thank you for your watch advice you have shared with me.

Enjoy every second with your family!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy