Release dates update

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
uldalembk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Release dates update

Post by uldalembk »

Vista wrote:Who is at fault here, CW for consistently misleading/incorrectly predicting release dates or the supplier because if it's the supplier it's about time they were given the boot.
That would be clever, give the supplier the boot then get someone else to make the same watches, imagine the delay, quaility control, pricing, delivery.............etc issues you'd have then! It would'nt be next year you'd see your watch.

This is a supply and demand market, CW is not a major player and so cannot afford to dictate what happens to much, the company is to a certain extent at the mercy of the supplier as I'm sure the supplier is not just suppliying CW.

You want good quaility watches at a realy good price then be prepared to wait. You want a watch now, then you'll have to pay.
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

uldalembk wrote:
Vista wrote:Who is at fault here, CW for consistently misleading/incorrectly predicting release dates or the supplier because if it's the supplier it's about time they were given the boot.
That would be clever, give the supplier the boot then get someone else to make the same watches, imagine the delay, quaility control, pricing, delivery.............etc issues you'd have then! It would'nt be next year you'd see your watch.

This is a supply and demand market, CW is not a major player and so cannot afford to dictate what happens to much, the company is to a certain extent at the mercy of the supplier as I'm sure the supplier is not just suppliying CW.

You want good quaility watches at a realy good price then be prepared to wait. You want a watch now, then you'll have to pay.
You seem to have missed the point a little.

The issue is not the wait, it is one of being kept informed along the way.

Also, I don't see why offering 'good quality watches at a really good price' means that communication has to suffer.

I have dealt with many small independent watchmakers who all seem to do ok with regard to comms, so it's not an excuse in my opinion. :)
uldalembk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by uldalembk »

I agree regarding the comms, it was the 'dump the supplier' bit I was commenting on........then maybe got carried away....venting some anger after a normal week at work wanting to sack the suppliers but realising they were in control not me!!!!!! LOL.
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Sounds like you've had a similar week to me then!! :lol: :)
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
wilko
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6
LE-two: yes

Post by wilko »

at least those of you who have ordered one of those watches have a fair idea of when you are going to receive it.spare a thought for those of us who have a serious hankering for the c8 mk2.don,t have a clue when they,ll be avalible :(
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Latest updates...

I know Wera has posted already about the C40 but here is what I have.

C60 gone out.

C40’s alligator strap options have shipped, leather strap options going out on Monday.

C70’S are in, going out on Monday.

W7’s are in, went out on Thursday

W6’s are in, went out on Friday

C600, 19th of October.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Slo'boy
CW-watches: 0

Post by Slo'boy »

Kip, any news on the C8 MkII release date?
Many thanks
Slo'boy

Omega Seamaster 300M - Tag Heuer Professional - Tissot Le Locle - Tissot PRC200 - Tauchmeister T0014N - Raymond Weil Tango - various Rotary watches