C600 Launch

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
CFK-OB
Senior
Senior

Re: C600 Launch

Post by CFK-OB »

These are actually the only new designs that I don't like. I don't like the thin-ness of the tubes, I don't like the rubber strap style (alhtough this could obviously be changed) and I don't like the PVD coating. Apart from that, I think CWL could have made a new dive watch look a lot different to the C6. This looks too similar to me.
Kenny
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Kenny »

So does the whole dial light up with this GTLS?

Very nice looking piece.

For someone like me who panics at 5m underwater, the 500m sounds awfully deep. Happy to let someone else test the watch down there.

Cheers,

Kenny
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

ctafield wrote:
village wrote: Same here...just don't like pvd in general.
Do you mean PVD, or do you mean black watches? You can obviously have gold PVD watches etc...

Sorry,i was in a rush...i meant black whether its pvd or ipk.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Showed a fellow WIS at work the C600. He's new to CW, LOVES it in blue, and is hovering over the trigger, but is refusing to buy it until it comes with a bracelet :?
wilko
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6
LE-two: yes

Post by wilko »

stainless steel and a bracelet for me.hopefully we,ll see that in the future.oh and the burnt orange face from the c60 just for good measure. :)
stoneyloon
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by stoneyloon »

Please expand el Presidente. I think I know where you're coming from though....
President wrote:Christopher Ward is really starting to bore me. :?
Cheers,
Adam.

Caught the bug........
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

stoneyloon wrote:Please expand el Presidente. I think I know where you're coming from though....
The standard prices are too high. I bought my C5SSS for £170, the list price is now £280. That price hike means they are competing with companies people have actually heard of. The automatic chronograph is nice but the lack of a good bracelet option seems a bit daft on a rugged watch of that price. The other new watches are in my opinion either boring Rotaryesque quartzes or just ugly.
skidder
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by skidder »

President wrote:
stoneyloon wrote:Please expand el Presidente. I think I know where you're coming from though....
The standard prices are too high. I bought my C5SSS for £170, the list price is now £280. That price hike means they are competing with companies people have actually heard of. The automatic chronograph is nice but the lack of a good bracelet option seems a bit daft on a rugged watch of that price. The other new watches are in my opinion either boring Rotaryesque quartzes or just ugly.

I must admit, I'm not feeling the love quite so much at the moment! Looking forward to the forum LE, as I think that design always needed to be an auto. I do think the 600 looks great and it may tempt me, but I am not at all excited by the range of quartz chronos - they are fashion watches to me. I'm not wearing my C4 much which slightly puts me off the auto chrono as it is similar (although nicer looking and oviously more technically interesting.) The sales, nearly new and price increases and decreases due to currency exchange all leave me a bit unsure of where I see present value too.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

I have the same concerns as you guys too.

I bought my C3 for around about £110. This was only a year or so back. Now I see people clamering over each other to order them in the "half price sale", for more than that. Heck, even one that I bought for £80 in the last NN sale, and then returned, is now £100 in the NN sale. What gives?

Feeling the same about the resale values as well. I've just listed my C7 for sale, but thanks to the half price sale I've no idea if I'll even get any takers on that without lowering the price drastically.

I think, that if the C600 was lower, then I would snap it up (even with the rubber strap). I was expecting it to be the lower end of 300, rather than the top end. But, I guess, thanks the C60 that isn't going to happen.

Tritium doesn't cost an awful lot so I don't see that as the reason. I bought a tritium, swiss made, quartz watch for £115. I can't see why the C600 costs so much. AAAND I get the feeling that if I pay top whack right now then they will be reduced in a few months, or in a sale or SOMETHING that means I basically got ripped off to begin with.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

I know where your coming from with the above. When Mrs M saw the start of the sale and that she could get a W7 for £145, we both agreed that was too good to miss, so ordered one, which she loves, only to find a matter of weeks later they dropped the price in the sale to £100 :o and now you can pick one up for 68 quid :shock:

WTF is all that about???? :motz: As said, she really likes the watch, but the whole experience doesn't feel anywhere near as good now!!

The C7 was supposed to be a best seller, so why were they being knocked off cheap???

I too am wondering about buying one of the new watches as may as well wait a few months and buy it for a quarter of the price in the sale!! :roll:

The only thing I've committed to is the Forum LE, but will any remaining one's not sold be knocked out cheap to some lucky punter, while the rest of us stumped up full whack for it????
John
bigvic
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2
LE-one: yes

Post by bigvic »

The last couple of posts probably need a thread of their own but I've got to agree it's putting me off splashing out on the C600 and/or C60.
Although I'm greatfull for the sale, having increased my CW collection (and the wifes) because of it, I might keep my wallet in my pocket and hope for another sale in 12 months.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Monkey wrote:
The C7 was supposed to be a best seller, so why were they being knocked off cheap???

The only thing I've committed to is the Forum LE, but will any remaining one's not sold be knocked out cheap to some lucky punter, while the rest of us stumped up full whack for it????
I too wonder why the supposedly best selling C7 has been chopped? Why would a company stop selling one of their best sellers? Madness....
I can also see the annoyance in seeing the sale prices drop so dramatically.....i would also be annoyed if i hadn't sent mine back. And just to chuck an extra straw on the camels back,i was also told that the prices wouldn't be reduced any more (and that was just as the first sale period was coming to an end). Interesting hmmm?

As for the LE,i have pre-ordered but i have the same concerns.If there are still so many available,especially compared to how the last LE flew out,does that mean interest is seriously waning?

None of the new ones interest me at all.....i might be regards the C6000 if it came is s/steel but at that price thererare other options.
I can't help but feel that CW is intentionally starting to aim at the fashion market,and if this looks to be a continuing tren i suspect that this forum will start to feature large amounts of tumbleweed :(
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

I don't think the C7 has been axed has it? It's still on the site... But yes, I agree they were getting rid of the brown dialed ones, with gator straps, in the sale for some odd reason.

The C70 and the C7...they are pretty much identical watches, apart from some splashes of colour, aren't they? So why does the C70 cost £85 more than the C7? I don't understand the maths.
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

I can hear something. It sounds like a Liverpudlian wetting himself while taking notes. :lol:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

ctafield wrote:I don't think the C7 has been axed has it? It's still on the site... But yes, I agree they were getting rid of the brown dialed ones, with gator straps, in the sale for some odd reason.

Very true...that's what you get when you try and type and amuse an 18 month year old at the same time!..therefore ignore the bit about being chopped per se. :)