CWL mobile app

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
yuro
Junior
Junior

Re: CWL mobile app

Post by yuro »

annabanana2 wrote:That could be dangerous - now I can browse watches on my phone as well :)
same for me :-)
well, but I am missing the feature of price conversion to Euro ... but that`s not big issue
Nite_narc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Nite_narc »

An app would be a good idea though.
nite_narc

Proud owner of a C60 Trident & C70 BRVGT.
Hate the new logo
zacharrry
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by zacharrry »

Didn't know they had a mobile version until I saw this thread. Visiting christopherward-usa.com on my iPhone simply loads the regular website. Kind of surprised they didn't take a more mobile-friendly approach since their only sales channel is the internet. Maybe they need to add a web developer with Magento experience to the team? *raises hand*
C3 Malvern Mk II, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident Diver, C60 Sapphire Black, C60 Atoll. Wishlist: C3 Malvern Mk I
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Your phone should have been detected and switched to this view. http://www.christopherward.co.uk/mobile
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
zacharrry
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by zacharrry »

Weird. It wouldn't redirect me yesterday but today it's working. Go figure...
C3 Malvern Mk II, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident Diver, C60 Sapphire Black, C60 Atoll. Wishlist: C3 Malvern Mk I
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Glad it is working correctly for you now. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
yuro
Junior
Junior

Post by yuro »

Nite_narc wrote:An app would be a good idea though.
I would vote for that...
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

there is I believe the ability to produce an Android app for Magento (the eCommerce store they use):
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledg ... or-android
however I am not sure that there is for iOS
a lot also depends on the customisation that has been done on their store as I don't think that it is standard...

A lot of companies though are not bothering now with apps where there is a suitable mobile web version - the money taken by Apple / Google through their stores is I believe 30% of sales - and while that is app price (which you would give away) there wa talk with iOS certainly of their also taking a cut of any sales in the app as well! (which would kill the business!)

there is also a considerable cost in coding it and then maintaining the app as well as the website - we see enough issues with the website to not wish to add another technology platform to cause issues unless necessary...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

I have noticed that when I use my ipad2 or iphone5 to get on forum, I get a pop up offering to take me to App Store to get app that makes accessing CW forums easier; all that comes up though is a blank screen where the app detail should be?

Other websites app redirects from web work fine.

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere that I have not come across yet. Pls post a link if so and I'll check out the info.

Warmly
Jon
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

gatehealing wrote:I have noticed that when I use my ipad2 or iphone5 to get on forum, I get a pop up offering to take me to App Store to get app that makes accessing CW forums easier; all that comes up though is a blank screen where the app detail should be?

Other websites app redirects from web work fine.

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere that I have not come across yet. Pls post a link if so and I'll check out the info.

Warmly
Jon
The app is Tapatalk. I use it on the iPad and on an android phone, and it works well.
Richard
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

@downer, Thanks!
@kip, should the tech folks link the pop up that appears to tapatalk? Or is it just my devices that just show blank screen?