Price Increase March the 2nd

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Goose
CW-watches: 0

Price Increase March the 2nd

Post by Goose »

Hi Guys,

I'm sure others will have found out already, I just had a brochure with a covering letter explaining that due to the increasing component costs and the fact that the pound is worth less abroad than chocolate money, the prices are going to go up a little.

I was going to wait until begining of March to order my C4 SKS, but going to have to bring that idea forward me thinks!!

Thought i'd give people the heads up, just incase they arent on the mailing lists yet. If your thinking of buying...BUY NOW
ctafield

Re: Price Increase March the 2nd

Post by ctafield »

Yup, I just got this through the post too. This is a tad annoying :lol: I was going to put off buying a C15 until after I have done jury service (for which I won't get paid!) but now... not so sure what to do :)

Seems to be a £5/6 increase on everything...
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

ctafield wrote:Yup, I just got this through the post too. This is a tad annoying :lol: I was going to put off buying a C15 until after I have done jury service (for which I won't get paid!) but now... not so sure what to do :)

Seems to be a £5/6 increase on everything...

If you've got the spare cash then buy it now.
Or turn up on the first day of Jury service with a bottle of whisky hanging out your pocket,5 days growth of stubble and some sort of offensive t shirt on......get discharged and back to normal :D
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

village wrote:
Or turn up on the first day of Jury service with a bottle of whisky hanging out your pocket,5 days growth of stubble and some sort of offensive t shirt on......get discharged and back to normal :D

What you saying???? :ka: That's a normal day for me!! lol :saufen: :betrunken: :lol:

I too had the letter and brochure this morning, but had no immenent purchases planned, but don't think an extra fiver or so is going to detract me that much when 'the' time arises :D
John
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

I recently did jury service, there is a lot of sitting around, and i mean a lot, hours, if not all morning, in fact one day all I did was sit and wait, only to be sent home at 4.20, boring. good if/when you get a case tho, plus I was on full pay so I looked at it as a nice rest. Gas fitting isn't all reading the paper all day and ripping off pensioners you know :lol:
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote: Gas fitting isn't all reading the paper all day and ripping off pensioners you know :lol:
No, Theres the 2hr Breakfast and Lunches.. :D
You getting Snow,? We are in Essex .
Back to the point
Got my catolog today,
Didnt notice the increases till read this thread,Still happy to pay the extra though.On a one off buy its not to bad.
My weekly shop increases by the same ammount every week :(
Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Am I missing something? My maths aren't that sharp as they used to be, but I worked out the increases weren't much more than £5, certainly not on the mens watches I compared... however the email that just went around says we should expect ~30% increase? That seems some way off?
downer

Post by downer »

I'm also confused about the price increases. I have not received the new catalogue etc, but I have received an email showing the C5 which is rising from £190 to £260.

On this basis I could be tempted to get a C4SBS before the increase. Current price is £195. Can anyone tell me the post-increase price for this model?

Thanks

Richard :?
Richard
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

downer wrote:I'm also confused about the price increases. I have not received the new catalogue etc, but I have received an email showing the C5 which is rising from £190 to £260.

On this basis I could be tempted to get a C4SBS before the increase. Current price is £195. Can anyone tell me the post-increase price for this model?

Thanks

Richard :?

Hmmm...interesting..i have had the brochure & letter but no email. Now i'm confused :rollsmile:
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
downer

Post by downer »

"Hmmm...interesting..i have had the brochure & letter but no email. Now i'm confused :rollsmile:"
Perhaps there is two types of customer? You get a £5 increase, I get a £60 increase.... :)

The C5 price increase is on the home page of the CWL site.
Richard
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Dare I say it, but I think the brochure is wrong... The brochure shows the C5SWT as being £195, and not £250 (and not £190 either!)

I don't think the brochure's we've all been sent are the new prices...
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Thinking about it, I wonder if the brochures have the old/current prices, but at 17.5% VAT instead of 15%?
downer

Post by downer »

ctafield wrote:Thinking about it, I wonder if the brochures have the old/current prices, but at 17.5% VAT instead of 15%?
Makes sense. So the £190 -> £250 is most likely correct. For sure, the Euro:GBP rate is hurting importers, so I would not be surprised at this level of increase.
Richard
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Wera has kindly confirmed that the brochures are indeed the old prices @ 17.5%

<gulp>

Some big increases on the horizon then!
Goose
CW-watches: 0

Post by Goose »

Ordering my C4SKS on monday then.....Wish I could afford to get more of these beautiful looking watches home before they jump up in price :(