Super Luminova

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Earnie

Super Luminova

Post by Earnie »

I purchased the C4 Termonator earlier this year and have been very pleased with it. When I purchased it it described it as having Super Luminova hand and indices, now it is described as luminescent. My only disappointment with the watch is the weak luminescence. I see the C8 Pilot boasts the super luminova hands & indices also and before I purchase I would need to ensure that the luminescence is strong enough. Has anyone any experience of this?

I also purchased a C3 Malvern Chronograph for my son's 18th which is a lovely watch that he really likes. So I am a fan of CW Watches.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Super Luminova

Post by rcherryuk »

Earnie,

There is a lume shot of the C8 on here,
http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =c8#p21460

My C8 has much better lume than my C4 but it's not as good as my Lum-Tec M4 :)

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the "Asylum" Earnie.

I myself am satisfied with the lume on the C8's but many may differ as they seem to like them brighter than me. My only complaint with the lume on CW's has been how long the lume seems to last.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Earnie

Post by Earnie »

Thanks for the responses guys and your welcome to the asylum. The C8 Lume shot seems bright enough, my only disappointment in the C4 is that the lume is weak and doesn't last long especially in half light. I love the rest of it though.

Now trying to decide on my next CW purchase C7 or C8! Difficult decision for two class watches.