CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Chat with Chris 2013

Post by ianblyth »

Thinking on some of the comments that if it is a chat then they want to chat. I don't think it is. If you think about it it is really a sales presentation of the new Autumn line up for the loyal troops to get them fired up. And judging by the posts of the people that e-mailed their orders in then it worked. And the number of discussions about the watches has generated a lot of interest.

SO perhaps it should be a presentation with just Kip to ask questions and Chris and Fraser to do their stuff. But to keep the spirit of a live event (why go to a sports event when you can watch it in the comfort of your house? :problem: ) there will be no transcript. That should help attendance.

What I think it needs is not to use the forum Chat function but to use a tool like Live Meeting or Webex or something similar. Then Chris can talk rather than type. The audience listen but can not talk. But can type questions which people on Chris's team can field or he could keep an eye on and answer if he wants to. Businesses use these types of tools all the time.

As for the photos I think that the next day a post for each watch discussed should be created in the Sneak Previews and the comments and pictures are posted there so people can comment on each watch/model.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

ianblyth wrote:Thinking on some of the comments that if it is a chat then they want to chat. I don't think it is. If you think about it it is really a sales presentation of the new Autumn line up for the loyal troops to get them fired up. And judging by the posts of the people that e-mailed their orders in then it worked. And the number of discussions about the watches has generated a lot of interest.

SO perhaps it should be a presentation with just Kip to ask questions and Chris and Fraser to do their stuff. But to keep the spirit of a live event (why go to a sports event when you can watch it in the comfort of your house? :problem: ) there will be no transcript. That should help attendance.

What I think it needs is not to use the forum Chat function but to use a tool like Live Meeting or Webex or something similar. Then Chris can talk rather than type. The audience listen but can not talk. But can type questions which people on Chris's team can field or he could keep an eye on and answer if he wants to. Businesses use these types of tools all the time.

As for the photos I think that the next day a post for each watch discussed should be created in the Sneak Previews and the comments and pictures are posted there so people can comment on each watch/model.
I have no experience w/ Live Meeting or Webex as such, so have no personal opinion, but it certainly sounds better to me than the chat that took place. After reading through the transcript I wonder how long Chris would be willing to partake in such a format. In short I completely agree with the comments and suggestions you've made and would like to see them adopted! :thumbup:
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

It's a chat.

If you want a sales presentation then wait till new watches are on the website and read the blurb there.

The whole point is that it creates a warm,fuzzy feeling with the forum. It's good PR,it creates a buzz and it has the slightly chaotic feel of a large bunch of mates having a chat.

I don't see the point in trying to make it all corporate.If one doesn't like the format then one is not forced to participate.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by bradjhomes »

ianblyth wrote:Thinking on some of the comments that if it is a chat then they want to chat. I don't think it is. If you think about it it is really a sales presentation of the new Autumn line up for the loyal troops to get them fired up. And judging by the posts of the people that e-mailed their orders in then it worked. And the number of discussions about the watches has generated a lot of interest.

Sounds like a good idea. I previously posted that I was happy that members were allowed to 'chat', but having live presentation and chat happening at the same time could work really well
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

village wrote:It's a chat.

If you want a sales presentation then wait till new watches are on the website and read the blurb there.

The whole point is that it creates a warm,fuzzy feeling with the forum. It's good PR,it creates a buzz and it has the slightly chaotic feel of a large bunch of mates having a chat.

I don't see the point in trying to make it all corporate.If one doesn't like the format then one is not forced to participate.
I know its a chat, but imho it was too chaotic...and it seems a lot more could have been explored and answered had it been presented in the fashion ianblyth suggested. That to me doesn't seem to be going 'all corporate'.
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

A webinar or live meeting type thing is something I am thinking about. The problem is I do not want to lose the personalization of the chat.

As Andy mentions, there is a lot of good PR and warm and fuzzy involved with the chat.

Lots of time and lots of things to consider.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

village wrote:It's a chat.

As Ian has suggested, a webinar presentation (gotomeeting.com as an example) has a live chat function on it. Chris could prsesent, and all comments chat portion is visible to all. Chris included, when he wishes to read and acknowledge.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy