News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Re: Chat with Chris 2013

Post by Beastmaster »

So to help me understand. What time is it saying on the C800 Regulator
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by bradjhomes »

Beastmaster wrote:So to help me understand. What time is it saying on the C800 Regulator
From the top...
1:07:07

1hr
7minutes
7seconds
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Beastmaster »

bradjhomes wrote:
Beastmaster wrote:So to help me understand. What time is it saying on the C800 Regulator
From the top...
1:07:07

1hr
7minutes
7seconds
Ta but the hour is more than a quarter on to the next hour. Is that because this is an inaccurate drawing to confuse people or would a real one read in that confusing way
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Beastmaster »

Ta but the hour is more than a quarter on to the next hour. Is that because this is an inaccurate drawing to confuse people or would a real one read in that confusing way
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Beastmaster wrote:Ta but the hour is more than a quarter on to the next hour. Is that because this is an inaccurate drawing to confuse people or would a real one read in that confusing way
I think it is just an inaccurate drawing. I also think the watch (and regulators in general) are a pain to read.
Richard
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

[quote="ianblyth"][quote="Saffy"]Would have thought there would have been more order to the chat, mute all noise so the C.W could answer without ppl jibber jabbering and blurting out questions all over during a multiline response.

I hope that every year but people seem to want to have their say even though they have the forum all year and we only get Chris for 1 hour each year. There were times I wanted to say Shut Up and let him talk. After all that was why Kip gathered the questions in advanced to make it more structured. quote]

Ian - Thank you so much for posting the chat as work was interefering with my watch session, so I can review now.

I COMPLETELY agree with Ian and Saffy.

It's CHAT WITH CHRIS, and when the man even asks for the interference to stop it did not.

Kip, could we perhaps work on tweaking the format (thinking a webinar perhaps) where Chris could completely share his information (without incessant interruption) and answer our questions that were submitted in advance??

We could have a Q&A after and then this forum is the perfect venue to share our thoughts and commens AFTER Mr Ward has shared his fantastic information.

More Chris please.......
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
DJP31
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by DJP31 »

Thank you Ian, I wasn't able to join the chat so it was great to be able to read the transcript and see the forthcoming goodies.

Whilst I obviously didn't experience it live it does appear that some adjustments could improve what is clearly a really valued event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

Thanks Ian for the transcript - fab to have that, having missed the first part of the chat...
I appreciate that some don't like the 'chatter' but with the technology of chat - it doesn't physically stop Chris from posting (as it all happens simultaneously it doesn't actually matter - it is only if you are trying to read it all simultaneously!) so if he doesn't read it - but focuses on Kip's comments only it wouldn't matter... however it would indeed be neater to have it separated out - perhaps a discussion with Kip / Chris and then a separate chat area for the discussion to occur at the same time... - I suspect though that this forum can't do that - though it could happen with other technology...

as for the watches - I like the slidey puzzle watch (day time one) but otherwise, not sure I would get that excited by the rest... great to see the innovation continuing though

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
jimmyedwards1984
Senior
Senior

Post by jimmyedwards1984 »

Thanks Ian for the transcript, some interesting watches coming soon :D
signalfillsthevoid
Senior
Senior

Post by signalfillsthevoid »

Thanks for the transcript. Pretty cool hearing about the plans for the near future and getting a bit of an insight into the thought process behind them.

The world timer looks amazing, and if I would spend that amount of money on watches I would seriously consider getting it, even though I hardly ever leave my current timezone and don't conduct any international business. I may have to start saving up for that one.

The regulator looks pretty sweet, too, but again a bit above my price point. Too bad Chris didn't really address the questions about plans for watches in the lower price range.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

signalfillsthevoid wrote: Too bad Chris didn't really address the questions about plans for watches in the lower price range.
Can't remember which specific questions you mean, but he certainly mentioned a few things that we can possibly assume will not clear the £1k mark...

C61
C5 slimline
Revamped C60

Any others?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer

Post by downer »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
signalfillsthevoid wrote: Too bad Chris didn't really address the questions about plans for watches in the lower price range.
Can't remember which specific questions you mean, but he certainly mentioned a few things that we can possibly assume will not clear the £1k mark...

C61
C5 slimline
Revamped C60

Any others?
I'd assume the revised C9 will be less than £1,000.
Richard
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Would just like to add my thanks to Ian for preparing such a well layed out transcript in such quick time. Thanks ian..top man!
Cheers now, Paul
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

mechanical C3
blue C50?
C60 MKII / C60 in new colours

as I posted elsewhere - we have to see CWL's overall strategy which is not one year at a time - but a journey to where they wish to be... therefore any one year's discussion / plans may seem out of kilter, until you put it into the context of previous and subsequent years - CWL has built up a comprehensive set of sub-£1,000 watches which has helped build their credibility to put in £1,000+ watches, so now they are filling in those gaps...

some folks seem to think that their ethos is cheap - it is not - it is good value, that is very different

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
signalfillsthevoid
Senior
Senior

Post by signalfillsthevoid »

downer wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:

C61
C5 slimline
Revamped C60

Any others?
I'd assume the revised C9 will be less than £1,000.
Yeah, sorry, my comment was probably a bit unfair. I think my focus was just drawn more to the news on the high end pieces, simply because they look so sweet in the pictures they showed.

Also, since I'm a new C60 owner, any news on revamping or variations on that is not that relevant to me at the moment.