Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Sping Summer 2013 Magazine

Post by Loddonite »

The magazine seems to be going in the right direction. I like the mix of long and short articles and there's a good variety of subjects... not that I read them all. I am simply not interested in all the subjects covered; some catch my attention and some don't...

I did (of course) read every work of Kip's contribution - much better than counting sheep! :twisted: :lol:

What matters to me is the watch news and pictures and that's a bit of a mixed bag. The best looking watches in the mag are the C20, C40 and C900. None of the new ones float my particular boat - the C7 Bluebird and Italian Racing Pink being particularly errrr... un-floaty. FFS CWL make a panda C7II - I'm entitled to it! :megagrin: The news of the C60/38 and the Tornado teaser are the highlights for me.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

I do express that it makes good business sense to listen to consumers :) but that is very different from people complaining when a company makes decisions which are commercial for them... There has been mixed reaction to the blue C60 on here due to the FLE version - but surely Christopher Ward is aware of the FLE version - and hasn't suddenly said that the forum doen't matter - so he must be seeing a good commercial reason for moving ahead as he is - complaining that there is a different shade of Blue C60 is a very different story...

I don't believe that copmanies should change commercial decisions to suit the individual - I think that they should listen to the individual - and listen carefully - take the views on board - and then using those views, and others make a commercial decision - that doesn't mean that the correct commercial decision will be the view of that individual...

And exactly the same for the vote - politicians (should) listen to the individuals - then assemble those views with many others, with (hopefully!) an expert understanding of the country needs to be run and then make the best leadership / democratic / governmental decision - the chance of it being the view of the individual who spoke is unlikely...

there will be times commercially and politically when an individual is correct and that view should be taken - but to assume that because an individual has a view the company should change is not appropriate :)

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Like Lodders, I eagerly await the 38mm C60.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Banker
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Banker »

I need another C60 like I need a hole in the head, but I'd probably have to have one in 38mm. I'm one of the few that wishes the current models would have been 40mm instead of 42mm. Nevertheless, I love both of mine and wear them with pride!
Avallon
Senior
Senior

Post by Avallon »

downer wrote:
akirk wrote:
Downer, when opinions becume assumptions / inaccurate statements of fact - when companies are criticised for being commercial - because it somehow 'does down' the individual - when we have a society which talks about rights and forgetss about responsibilities, then yes it is becoming about entitlement... when members of a forum have the huge privilege of a company spending time making watches specifically for them, then complain because that same main stream model is issued in a similar, but not identical colour then it is entitlement - it is the individual believing that the company should change its approach / commercial decisions, in order to suit the individual - that is entitlement and we should stamp it out :D

Alasdair
You must be reading something different to me. I don't see entitlement, I see someone expressing an opinion that there are a lot of LE's being released by CW, and that the number of LE's could damage future residuals.

I really think you are over thinking it. Again. :)

:twisted:

You've hit the nail on the head. There was another point that I was trying to make which is that I sometimes wonder whether we're turning into fanboys of a company that's a lot more cynical than people think. I am fully aware that I'm not as close to CWL as some of the 'oldtimers' - so it's just a thought...
theague
Senior
Senior

Post by theague »

I wish the Scooter C60 had stayed with the LE only. Had I known ahead of time that a blue version would be released to the masses I would have gone with the Red LE. I know there will still only be 50 with the FLE title, but there are no longer only 50 that look like mine. I find that a little bit irritating.
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by jack »

The mag is a great read as usual with a great balance between marketing and interesting topics. Personaly, I really appreciate the gesture and the effort that goes into it.

I don;t get the comments about the 'new blue' and the 'scooter blue'. They look totally diferent in hue to me. The new one is very vibrant, almost electric blue. Not the same.

Cheers,
Jack.
DCB2
Senior
Senior

Post by DCB2 »

Thanks for posting!
phllox
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by phllox »

Received it during my winter holidays. Interresting readings... it reminds me of the Volvo magazine: quite the same spirit. :thumbup:
Rolex Submariner 14060
Rolex GMT Master II 16710
Chris. Ward C60 Trident Pro Automatic
Longines GrandVitesse Black/Red Automatic
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

theague wrote:I wish the Scooter C60 had stayed with the LE only. Had I known ahead of time that a blue version would be released to the masses I would have gone with the Red LE. I know there will still only be 50 with the FLE title, but there are no longer only 50 that look like mine. I find that a little bit irritating.

I'm certain it would sell quuickly if you posted it FS here!! :)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Degams

Post by Degams »

Just got mine in the mail today.