Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: The New Homepage

Post by rcherryuk »

ctafield wrote:(and then maybe it'd work on the iPhone/iPod Touch as well...)
Umm,
Sorry ,but it works OK on my iphone3G and my wife's ipod touch.

Not as good as it could be but still working :)

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

rcherryuk wrote:
ctafield wrote:(and then maybe it'd work on the iPhone/iPod Touch as well...)
Umm,
Sorry ,but it works OK on my iphone3G and my wife's ipod touch.

Not as good as it could be but still working :)

Rob
I don't appear to be able to scroll down through the different models...?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

ctafield wrote:
OK, I've trtied to replicate this, I've gone to the front page scrolled down thru the models and clicked on the picture of the C6 Kingfisher, this has taken me to a sub page with the different model types and I've been able to select a yellow one.

So the site seems to work.

Have you tried reseting your iphone via the reset option in Settings/General Reset??

I had to do this the other week after it wouldn't browse at all, Just remember to back it up 1st!!

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

rcherryuk wrote:
ctafield wrote:
OK, I've trtied to replicate this, I've gone to the front page scrolled down thru the models and clicked on the picture of the C6 Kingfisher, this has taken me to a sub page with the different model types and I've been able to select a yellow one.

So the site seems to work.

Have you tried reseting your iphone via the reset option in Settings/General Reset??

I had to do this the other week after it wouldn't browse at all, Just remember to back it up 1st!!

Rob
:(

It's this page for me that doesn't work (i.e. can't scroll down in the models): http://www.christopherward.co.uk/h1_MENS_Men.htm
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Yeah, the top half is nice, probably better than the old one, but the bottom half is all wrong, with all the watch at different angles, looks messy, would look a lot lot better in all the pictures were uniform.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

ctafield wrote: It's this page for me that doesn't work (i.e. can't scroll down in the models): http://www.christopherward.co.uk/h1_MENS_Men.htm
I get exactly the same result,so it's not just you!!

Maybe Kip could set up a quick 'n' dirty poll to se who else is affected!

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

FYI guys....

2 computers in the house.....one the homepage looks ok and everything seems to work,
on the other the hompage is fragmented and looks as though it doesn't load completely. ie the links on the right side show no print only pics and no print or links under the photos. Both use Microsoft explorer.

How about some techies explaining this one.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

Microshaft Explorer does not do what it is supposed to do very well.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

My computer updated some Java program at lunch time and now the homepage works ok.
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

village wrote:Still got those broken links to the picture gallery of the C7 though!!!!!!
Now sorted or is it ??? I have noticed these portion style shots with the more recent photos added to the site. They may look very arty farty but they are not going to help anyone choose a watch. Simply an utter waste of time in my view. I myself am no further forward in even considering buying one. I guess it is a case of waiting for someone to pluck up the courage to actually order one and post "COMPLETE" images of the watch in the forum.

:roll:

Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:)
pyrrhusmj
CW-watches: 3

Post by pyrrhusmj »

Definitely different strokes for different folks.

I don't like the new webpage, looks cheap to me now. I'm not going to Amazon or overstock.

As far as T2 not liking the new shots, I personally love them,. that is what I look for in products I buy are the fine details and the overall. Since I can't see these watches before I buy, I am glad to see the micro shots.

Michael
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Terminator 2 wrote:
village wrote:Still got those broken links to the picture gallery of the C7 though!!!!!!
Now sorted or is it ??? I have noticed these portion style shots with the more recent photos added to the site. They may look very arty farty but they are not going to help anyone choose a watch. Simply an utter waste of time in my view. I myself am no further forward in even considering buying one. I guess it is a case of waiting for someone to pluck up the courage to actually order one and post "COMPLETE" images of the watch in the forum.
I wrote that before they were working......but i agree with you regarding artsy fartsy shots...they are good to have as an addition to complete shots but little use on their own.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Ollsbols
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ollsbols »

I agree. Looks like an Argos catalogue.

- Perhaps some moving images at the top.

- Perhaps pictures of the watches fading in and out. Maybe using some of the images shown on the 'inspiration' montages in the background as each watch fades in and out.

- Something a little warmer and inviting.

I think with items like this you are selling an aspiration, image or lifestyle as well as the item itself. The website is cold and impersonal in its current format. It looks like a market stall not a Bond Street shop. It does not scream quality and I think that lets the product down as it is a quality item not a cheap knock-off.
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by President »

Bring the dark website back, this one is awful.