CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: C8 release update

Post by rcherryuk »

V,
I was told it was an IPK clasp, I did mention that maybe one that matched the rivet heads may be of interest and was told that several options are being investigated, so you never know you may get a black rivetted strap with a black clasp :shock:

That would be pretty 'stealthy'

R
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Vista wrote:In your post you said it was for the IPK, so is the replacement a black clasp for that particular model or will there be a matt clasp available also for all other C8's?

Sorry to pester but I'm sure it could make the difference for some people who are either thinking of cancelling their existing order or for those that were thinking of placing a new order.
The little birdie will let us know when all the ducks are in a row.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Vista
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Vista »

Don't know how frequently the 'best sellers' section is updated on the website but I was surprised to see that the black face C8 does not feature at all whereas the white face does. The C8 was on there before orders were received so it's judged on pre-orders as well.
Christopher Ward - C5 Aviator, C6 once owned
Seiko Monster
Sector Adv 5500
TW Steel Grandeur Swiss Auto
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Kip wrote:
Vista wrote:In your post you said it was for the IPK, so is the replacement a black clasp for that particular model or will there be a matt clasp available also for all other C8's?

Sorry to pester but I'm sure it could make the difference for some people who are either thinking of cancelling their existing order or for those that were thinking of placing a new order.
The little birdie will let us know when all the ducks are in a row.
Any news on replacement clasps?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Nothng yet...apparently the duck are still wandering around the pond. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
lpp
Junior
Junior

Post by lpp »

Merry Christmas all. I finally received my Black Hawk. The strap is made for giants.. I got a normal wrist size but I still can stick 2 fingers under it.. its insane. I hope CWL will fix this problem soon.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Kip wrote:Nothng yet...apparently the duck are still wandering around the pond. :)
Have they got round to dipping their toes in yet? Only, if the replacement deal is to return existing clasps in as new condition then the longer people have the watches the less likely this will happen.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Vista
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Vista »

It's one of the reasons I haven't got a C8, the strap. The length is an oversight and the size of the watch was not taken into consideration. Read all you want about pilots wearing their watches over their jackets, this is a replica and we are short of spitfire pilots on this forum! Other companies offer an extra long strap should it be needed but it doesn't come as standard because it's of no use to 99.95% of buyers.

Has your Black Hawk got the wrong clasps or have they been replaced?
Christopher Ward - C5 Aviator, C6 once owned
Seiko Monster
Sector Adv 5500
TW Steel Grandeur Swiss Auto
lpp
Junior
Junior

Post by lpp »

my IPK was in the initial batch. There was some weird delivery mystery and finally got it now. So my clasp is the same as others. I am pretty sure the strap is a production mix up, I got a normal wrist and the watch dont look too big on it yet the strap is still too big. I guess I will get another strap or drill a hole or something. But after my experiences with CWL. I am going to stick with Rolex, IWC, Cartier from now on.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

[quote="Vista"] Other companies offer an extra long strap should it be needed but it doesn't come as standard because it's of no use to 99.95% of buyers.[quote]

Wow! I'm one of the select group, 0.05% according to Vista, whose C8's strap fits OK on my wrist. As Goldilock's would say " It's not to big or too small, it's just right" :lol:
Watches - Too many but not enough!
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Just noticed... the C8IPK isn't available until the end of January now.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

ctafield wrote:Just noticed... the C8IPK isn't available until the end of January now.
And it could be sold out before it arrives...get those orders in if you want one!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

andyfry
Senior
Senior

Post by andyfry »

And to date still running late with no explaination or reason given despite the fact there now appears to be no date given on the website and that the Blackhawk is taking prominent position on the front page.

Wonder when these will be sent out?
Proud owner of a C8 - IPK "Black Hawk" (#90), a C5 - AKK (#747) - with black date wheel, a C40 - SKS (#281) and now a 2009 LE C20 (#62)
Thallium
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Thallium »

andyfry wrote:And to date still running late with no explaination or reason given despite the fact there now appears to be no date given on the website and that the Blackhawk is taking prominent position on the front page.

I'm wondering as well. Wera said they'd probably be ready by mid to late January and we're past that date point. I'm curious if something else happened to the C8s that were in production (I hope not!).
downer

Post by downer »

Thallium wrote:
andyfry wrote:And to date still running late with no explaination or reason given despite the fact there now appears to be no date given on the website and that the Blackhawk is taking prominent position on the front page.

I'm wondering as well. Wera said they'd probably be ready by mid to late January and we're past that date point. I'm curious if something else happened to the C8s that were in production (I hope not!).
I received mine last week (in UK). It was ordered in early January.

It is worth waiting for :D :D
Richard